Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
SoccerSplit Advice

Football and Training Programs?16017

micocan private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone,im 25 years old amataour football (soccer) player and i need yours wisdom,help for my questions.
My problem is Tranining program dilemma..
My target is looking good,big and powerfull like some Nfl Players (bigger and look like bodbuilder but stil explosively)..and of course explosive for my career
Firstly im not Complete fresh Gym newb . I follow Icf5x5 but when i look mirror my chest and shoulders is in the background and my lower body is look bigger im look like a Satyr.and i really quick stall my lifts specially bench press (i try deload and %surpluss) i think icf5x5 not orianted program because 3x squat,2x bench,ohp other weekend 1x per week (A/B/A and other week B/A/B) no explosive movement like a power clean,high pull,farmer walk,pendlay row and pylometric stuff. and i see westside skinny bastards I and III and im in dilemma =) because fullbody programs is really awesome .. 3x per week,optimal for Nattys and fit my weekend schedule..
But ws4sb is good too, Joe's clients is proof That and explosive movements,aux lifts and program mention is good i think..
So guys,what do you recommend me ?
I need a good program and in specialy power clean,dips,pullups,preacher curl,facepull (i need care my arms because im taller man and my arms look like baseball stick)
Post 1 IP   flag post
mikew private msg quote post Address this user
Seems like your goals are to:

1) Increase explosiveness

2) Add some size to your upper body.

Maybe modify WS4SB to a three day per week split? That is one option if you like the supplemental stuff in the program.

If it was me, I would build a 3-day split around the following using 5/3/1 for the heavy stuff and 60% of your 1RM for the dynamic stuff:

1. Heavy squats + dynamic deadlift

2. Heavy DL + dynamic squats box squats with bands

3. Upper body day (heavy bench press + pendlay rows)

You can intersperse some plyometrics with the dynamic sets.

For example, my dynamic box squats would be: 5 sets of 2 @ 60% 1RM. And two standing vertical jumps in between each set.

For me, key is to keep workouts short and do-able so don't go crazy with the extra plyos.

PS- I recall reading this article in the NY Times during the World Cup. Nothing Earth-shattering but thought it might provide some insight to your training for football/soccer:

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/07/16/train-like-a-german-soccer-star/

Hope this helps.
Post 2 IP   flag post
GrizzlyBerg private msg quote post Address this user
I have heard the Juggernaut Method by Chad Smith is good for athletes. Seems to have success with (American) Football players.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew
Seems like your goals are to:

1) Increase explosiveness

2) Add some size to your upper body.

Yes,exactly! My target is this.. increase explosiveness and add size my overall body orianted,not mostly lower body..

I dont wanna training like purely powerlifter like Ss or stronglifts type. i really love preacher Curl,dips,pullups,reverse pushdown,power clean,farmer walk,facepull,leg curl and extension and plyo works. I would like to add these exercises to the near oly lifts (squat,deadlift,bench,row,ohp)
How to create a orianted,good program?
As i Said i love fullbody type training .
Thank you..
Post 4 IP   flag post
okay, cool, just ignore what I said. The juggernaut method 2.0 allows you to incorporate the powerlifts, sprints, jumps, throws, plyo work, olympic lifts, and conditioning work. At least give the book a read.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WinnersNeverQuit private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyBerg
I have heard the Juggernaut Method by Chad Smith is good for athletes. Seems to have success with (American) Football players.

I second this
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyBerg
okay, cool, just ignore what I said. The juggernaut method 2.0 allows you to incorporate the powerlifts, sprints, jumps, throws, plyo work, olympic lifts, and conditioning work. At least give the book a read.

Hmmm where can i find this? And i know this Juggernaut method Powerlifting style training,and is this good for half beginner?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Juggernaut method is powerlifting type workout and this Ebook is not free.Do you think it's worth it?
Post 8 IP   flag post
It's kinda power lifting in that it is designed to get you stronger, but it uses higher rep ranges, I'm currently running it if you look at my log. And yes, I do think it's worth it as there are so many variations to keep you going, and also programmes suitable for different sport types.
Post 9 IP   flag post
My English is not very good,so if i did purchase this book maybe i do wrong some of the things.Because as a little confused :/
Post 10 IP   flag post
Guys,im waiting your helps ^^
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by micocan
Guys,im waiting your helps ^^

I do not know what else you want from @WinnersNeverQuit and me. We gave you our suggestion. You said your English is not very good. I do not speak Turkish (and I assume @WinnersNeverQuit does not either). Nothing much I can do for you anymore.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Frostshock private msg quote post Address this user
Think he meant in regards to this
Quote:
Originally Posted by micocan
My English is not very good,so if i did purchase this book maybe i do wrong some of the things.Because as a little confused :/

My take on it is, if they recommend the book then it's completely up to you if you want to spend money on it. If you do something wrong or feel like you need to ask questions about something from the book, the forum can always try to help.

Key word is try, mainly because of the language barrier
Post 13 IP   flag post
mikew private msg quote post Address this user
@micocan your English seems very good. I think you will be able to understand the splits. If you have questions just ask like @Frostshock says and we will try to help.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Guys i dont wanna pay 47$ for This ebook If you have any lifting program advice for free..
Post 15 IP   flag post
Up!
Post 16 IP   flag post
@micocan it's definitely worth the money if you can afford it. Failing that 5/3/1 is a pretty good programme for athletes, it's a little more basic than juggernaut but it holds the same concept of submaximal loads for AMRAP sets, then you could ask your football coach for some explosive drills to incorporate alongside this.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Hamer93 private msg quote post Address this user
How often you train and play for football
Post 18 IP   flag post
Hamer93 private msg quote post Address this user
I have a training program I made that is used by a few people who play semi pro if you want to have a look
Post 19 IP   flag post
340614 19 19
destitute