Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Diet AdviceFemale FitnessTraining Programs

5x5 program makes me binge! help16006

queenquebec private msg quote post Address this user
Hello! I need help figuring out why Ive been eating 3000 calories day! I'm a female, it's freaking weird to eat so much.

I started doing the 5 x 5 program from stronglifts to maintain muscle, while I lose fat. I also add cardio for 30 minutes after each session.

I just hate that I have to eat that much!!! Is their a way, that I can lower my appetite? Maybe a supplements for fat loss/appetite suppressant?

I have also lost 9 pounds in 30 days, I know it sounds weird to complain about this! I am happy to lose another 5-10 pounds but I hate wanting or having so much just to live.

Please help!
Post 1 IP   flag post
LVjack private msg quote post Address this user
So you're eating a lot and losing weight and would like to lose more weight. Sounds like you should keep doing what you're doing.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Tamere02 private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe get rid of the cardio?
Makes no sense complaining about having to eat a lot and then deliberately increasing your activity levels
Post 3 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
Isn't this the 4th or 5th thread you've made about this? Yes it is weird you are complaining about it lol. The average person would love to eat more and not gain weight. I don't think it's "weird" that a female has to eat a lot.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans
Isn't this the 4th or 5th thread you've made about this? Yes it is weird you are complaining about it lol. The average person would love to eat more and not gain weight. I don't think it's "weird" that a female has to eat a lot.

Yes it is.

Getting a bit boring now, always moaning about eating too much, but does cardio all the time.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@Trev182 I'm sorry I'm not entertaining enough!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thanks for nothing you guys!
Post 7 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
What, exactly, is it you're hoping to get from this thread? -3X
Post 8 IP   flag post
@queenquebec You are losing weight at a good pace. Even if you suppress your appetite, all that would do is make you eat too little. You seem to think there is some problem with eating a lot of food. Not sure where you got that idea from, but you seem to be making up your own problems.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Beans ok sure thanks. I just learned it's unheard of from a nutritionist I saw.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@eknight just advice, not shaming
Post 11 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Let me rephrase the question- what kind of advice are you trying to get? You're losing weight. You're able to eat as much as you want. I'm not following the problem here. -3X
Post 12 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamere02
Maybe get rid of the cardio?
Makes no sense complaining about having to eat a lot and then deliberately increasing your activity levels
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVjack
So you're eating a lot and losing weight and would like to lose more weight. Sounds like you should keep doing what you're doing.

How can you say "thanks for nothing guys" when these two comments are gold for advice... Now you got EK in here helping you.... So easy killer
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenquebec
@Beans ok sure thanks. I just learned it's unheard of from a nutritionist I saw.

What did the nutritionist say to do about it?
Post 14 IP   flag post
@eknight I got what I needed! I'll have to do less cardio.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@Beans She said I'm unhealthy and I should be eating 2000 cals a day has a women. Also, she thinks the 5 x 5 is more a of a "dude" program that will make me "fat&bulky". But I know she's wrong on the training part, but I will cut down on the cardio actually.

I think 15 minutes after each session might work.
Post 16 IP   flag post
But I could never maintain a healthy weight on 2000 cals anyways! I'm sorry to bug/annoy you guys.

Thanks for your help
Post 17 IP   flag post
LVjack private msg quote post Address this user
No such thing as a "dude" program. And exercise programs don't make people "fat&bulky", improper nutritional intake for activity level/expenditure will though.

And if she tells you you're unhealthy purely based on your caloric intake and you should be eating 1000 kcal less/day even though you are already losing weight quickly she is a horrible nutritionalist. If you had blood work done that's another story though.

Good luck. I think everyone is trying to help you but at the same time if all this is true everyone wishes they had your "problem".
Post 18 IP   flag post
kickinchicken private msg quote post Address this user
Your nutritionist is a fucking idiot. I bet he/she doesn't lift. There are nutritionists on this forum who would slap that person for what they told you. You're on the right program. You're obviously eating just fine because you're losing weight at a healthy rate. Many of the fittest women in the world have commonly said that the biggest mistake they made in the beginning was that they weren't eating enough.

Please read this and you will be more knowledgable than 95% of the female population.
clickable text
Post 19 IP   flag post
hollyhopeful5678 private msg quote post Address this user
The only thing I could see complaining about is the grocery bill........otherwise, totally jealous.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Thanks everyone for your support & advice! And yeah my nutritionist is a skinny lady, she encourages yoga more than lifting weights.

And I PROMISE NEVER to complain about this AGAIN! Also my grocery bill is stupid High LOL
Post 21 IP   flag post
AndyCap private msg quote post Address this user
One more thing to bear in mind, the term "nutritionist" is not a legally protected term. Almost anyone can call themselves one. A dietitian however is someone with the formal training. A dietitian has undergone formal training and assessment, a nutritionist has not.

The difference between the two can be huge. a nutritionist does NOT require formal training and assessment at all, i am not saying all are bad, but just keep that in the back of your mind that a nutritionist will not have the same qualifications as a dietitian.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Thanks everyone! I'm sorry about my whining really.
Post 23 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
Its been 20 days, hows the progress?!
Post 24 IP   flag post
@SOLARSUPLEX It's been better on the binging. I've doing cardio only once a week 45 min. I realize that I was eating too little on my off training days that was the reason for my binging.

As for the weight loss, it's stop the for last 2 weeks. But, I've also been taking zantrex 3, so that might help a bit.
Post 25 IP   flag post
340735 25 25
destitute