Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CuttingSplit AdviceTraining Programs

Cutting advice15940

Dave2323 private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys what do you think of my cutting routine

i weigh 210 right now and want to be a lean 190
i workout 3 times a week doing bill starrs strength factor routine http://muscleandbrawn.com/bill-starr-strength-factor-routine/

for my macros i have this i took 190 x 13 = 2470 which i got from this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1e1t1dOBnE
then i did protein 190 x 1.25 = 237.5
then carbs 190 x 1 = 190
then fats 190 x .5 = 95

does this look correct or not right at all?
Post 1 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Going with "not right at all." Read the FAQ thread here and you'll understand why. -3X
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thank you @eknight, I read the post and believed i fixed it but would still like to make sure with the SS community.
weight 208
Maintenance = 3104 calories
For my protein I am going to take a gram in per lb so 208g per day.
for carbs i took my maintenance calories and subtracted 300 to start my calorie deficit. so 2804/2 since i want 50% carbs = 1402/4 = 351g of carbs per day
And fats i did 208*4 = 832 cals
2804-2234= 570/9 = 64g

So my totals are
P=208 C=351 F=64 eating 2804 calories per day

Is this correct are my fats too low?
Post 3 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
That's right at 20%, so you should be fine. -3X
Post 4 IP   flag post
thanks! so another question,do i just eat at 2804 calories per day until i stop losing weight and then when i plateau i take another 100-500 off and keep repeating until im happy where im at?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Frostshock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2323
Maintenance = 3104 calories

didn't even want to attempt that math below this but -Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2323
so another question,do i just eat at 2804 calories per day until i stop losing weight and then when i plateau i take another 100-500 off and keep repeating until im happy where im at?

No, if your maintenance is 3104 then reverse diet down.
Go into a 100 cal deficit, track for a week, reassess, rinse, wash, repeat.
Going from 3104 straight to 2804 will indeed illicit weight loss, but possibly unnecessary muscle loss, mood change and other things along with an eventual plateau making you dip even lower in cals before the 12 week mark.
USUALLY you won't need to go past a 500 cal deficit by the 12 weeks. Everybody is different though, just track and assess.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thanks @Frostshock so would this be correct. when i start week one i will start at 3004 calories and by the end of the week if i lose .5 lbs then just repeat the same thing next week eating 3004 calories and seeing at the end of the week if i lost weight and when i stop losing weight i decrease by another hundred?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Frostshock private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, .5lbs at the very least. If you are only losing .3 or .2 and the scale isn't really budging then it's time to go into another 100 cal deficit the next assessment day.

If you're losing over 1lb then just stay at your deficit for a week or two and just let your body catch up. Also remember that Cardio is a form of deficit.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Thank you @frostshock! and what do you mean cardio is a form of deficit? like my body goes into a catabolic state? what do you mean by that?
Post 9 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
He means that doing cardio is another way of creating a calorie deficit. 2000 kcals eaten is the same in terms of energy expenditure as 2300 kcals eaten and 300 burned off doing cardio. -3X
Post 10 IP   flag post
So I recently just started jiu jitsu at my college and train 2-3 times a week for an hour or two. how should i calculate that in to my macros? sometimes its intense sometimes it isnt. on days its intense should i just add 300 cals to my calories and 150 on less intense days?
Post 11 IP   flag post
340752 11 11
destitute