Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
NewbieSplit Advice

Stronglifts Or Starting Strength15936

ThatTeenThatLifts private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys just a quick post but I was wondering what your thoughts are on stronglifts and starting strength as a beginners programme to build up a solid foundation or strength.

Say, theoretically, if we got two people with equal height, length of limbs, weight, BMI etc. one doing stronglifts and one doing starting strength which guy do you thing would make the most gains in strength? Assume both peoples diets are on point also.
Post 1 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Bob. -3X
Post 2 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Bob. -3X
Post 3 IP   flag post
Salokin private msg quote post Address this user
The guy who works harder. In this case, Bob.
Post 4 IP   flag post
haole private msg quote post Address this user
They are so similar but strong lifts has you doing 5 sets of 5 reps and starting strength has you doing 3 sets of 5 reps. Strong lifts actually drops back to 3 sets of 5 after you plateau so at that point they are almost identical. I would recommend either but I prefer strong lifts because you do more sets
Post 5 IP   flag post
_RudeCrew private msg quote post Address this user
Most likely Bob.
Post 6 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by haole
They are so similar but strong lifts has you doing 5 sets of 5 reps and starting strength has you doing 3 sets of 5 reps. Strong lifts actually drops back to 3 sets of 5 after you plateau so at that point they are almost identical. I would recommend either but I prefer strong lifts because you do more sets

Incorrect. The answer is Bob. -3X
Post 7 IP   flag post
ThatTeenThatLifts private msg quote post Address this user
@eknight Who is this Bob guy?
Post 8 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatTeenThatLifts
@eknight Who is this Bob guy?

You don't know who Bob is? Wow. You definitely need to do more research.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Salokin private msg quote post Address this user
@thatteenthatlifts
you can be Bob, or you can be Biff. Don't be Biff. Bob works hard, eats food, gets strong. Biff...he buys lifting gloves his first month of liffing, he curls in the squat rack, he eats 250 grams of protein a day, he increases cardio and cuts calories because the scale didn't go down from yesterday to today, he goes to bb.com and buys every new supplement they write an article about, and he loves to chat with his "brahs" and check out girls in the gym while not writing down his progress.
Post 10 IP   flag post
mikew private msg quote post Address this user
@ThatTeenThatLifts pick the routine that you prefer and stick with it and follow it to the letter. Personally, I'd gofor Stronglifts 5x5

http://stronglifts.com/5x5/
Post 11 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
Bob does stronglifts because the app is super helpful on bobs ios or android device.

Bob also reps your maxes.
Post 12 IP   flag post
340762 13 12
destitute