Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BulkingNewbieSplit AdviceTraining Programs

Wich program would i benefit the most of?15909

Sharkoon1 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi im new here,

i started lifting 3 Month ago (seriously) Before a brosplit,cut down from 80 kg(fat depression time 2 years) to 60,5 Kg in about 7 month. I gained 3,5 kg in 3 month, about a 300 cal surplus.

First i did Starting Strength but it was just to much squatting, while i did muay thai, then i switched to Candito's linear program.

Need to mention i had to take a break for about 3 weeks because of a concussion in sparring.

Now i reduced MT to once a week, because i want to have better recovery and focus more on my strength and lifting now.

19 Y old
173 cm
63,5 - 64kg

Bench: started at 40 kg bench now at 62,5 Kg x5
Deadlift : started about 50 kg now 97,5 kg x5
Squat : started about 50 kg now 75 x5 ( my squat stalled already once but i think that was because of the concussion and bad recovery). I stalled at 77,5 Kg and work my way back up.

So my question now , would i benefit more from a 5x5 program right now , since its faster overload ?

( I'm scared that i can't handle again the 3x Squatting , but it was probably because my 3x Muay thai training before.. )

Thanks in advance!

Edit: And also if i switch to a 5x5 program now, do i need to reduce the working weight ? I mean will it be more difficult to do 3x6 to 5x5 with the same weight ?
Post 1 IP   flag post
hmmmmm
Post 2 IP   flag post
swollenscott private msg quote post Address this user
Goals?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Did i wrote smth wrong or miss out , disagreed rules eh.. ? I just wanted to ask because jonnie thinks his way is better but then people say 5x5 is better for beginners ... just want a clear answer so i can move on and don't need to worry...
Post 4 IP   flag post
lol you replied same second as i wrote lel.. my goals are to get strong while build some asthetics but more getting stronger .. im dont give a fuck about abs , i know strength == better for the long run .. want to bulk till next year this time and then maybe cut , so size / stronger but i guess thats everyones goal , dont want to compete in contest powerlifting or bodybuilding anytime , just for myself. starting to study in a year so wont have to much time for fully investing my time .
Post 5 IP   flag post
kickinchicken private msg quote post Address this user
If you're talking about "Jonnie" Candito than don't bother. You haven't been lifting long enough. Just stick with a 5x5 for now and get your hypertrophy(bodybuilding stuff) at the end of your workouts.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thanks for the answer.. so i would actualy benefit the most from jason blahas icf. already set up ! I will start with that the next week, and do you think i will need to reduce the weight a bit becuase the higher volume in squat bench ohp
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkoon1
Thanks for the answer.. so i would actualy benefit the most from jason blahas icf. already set up ! I will start with that the next week, and do you think i will need to reduce the weight a bit becuase the higher volume in squat bench ohp

You could base it off 5% lower than your true 1RM. But I don't think the volume is that high. Might be good though to start with a new routine.
Post 8 IP   flag post
started log >> http://forum.simplyshredded.com/topic/15926/my-bulking-log-from-launching-pad-to-moon/
Post 9 IP   flag post
jja0016 private msg quote post Address this user
What's wrong with Canditos periodization program?

Fun, simple, and for beginners?
Post 10 IP   flag post
I talked about the linear progress program , but i guess its because weekly < every set progression that's what i have been told , but well you also go up weight on the control days but w/e i just trust people here.. they got more experience than me

http://www.canditotraininghq.com/free-strength-programs/ there are 2 the periodization program and the linear program , its an upper lower split. With 1 heavy and 1 control day
Post 11 IP   flag post
I forgot about his linear routine. I guess you could give it a go. But as a beginner I'd be willing to bet that you'd get much faster gains from squat/bench/deadlift 3x/week. Also, candito has mentioned that he now believes you should bench 2-3x week and at times more often. Which is why he has his periodization routine set up to do just that.
Post 12 IP   flag post
cool good to know , tho what i never understood that all the beginner programs switch a b days , is it because of shoulder joints? i mean one week you just foing to bench 2 times and then one week only once .. i dunno ? Wouldn't it be as effective to bench just as much aswell or are the dips in icf a make up for that?
Post 13 IP   flag post
It's not switching A and B workouts around the 2nd week. It's just alternating into the next week. In 2 weeks you still do each workout 3 times. Catch my drift? And the dips are meant to be an assistance lift, not to replace the bench but to take the time to work on an exercise that helps the bench press improve. You can do close grip bench or dips. Most people improve their bench by adding close grip bench over dips. And Last time I heard, blaha only does close grip bench, no bench press.
Post 14 IP   flag post
ah good , ye i meant alternatimg but i guess ye it evens out , on his video he said it's preference to do closegrip bench or dip in 3 x 8 on b day . Good to know its for assitance, so you would suggest sticking to close grip or dips for optimal or is there no right or wrong ?
Post 15 IP   flag post
I'd say CGBP for sure. But still personal preference. Good luck with the gainz
Post 16 IP   flag post
Okay, thank you. You too.
Post 17 IP   flag post
340738 17 17
destitute