Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CuttingHome GymSplit Advice

gym closed down, now what?15899

forgottenpass private msg quote post Address this user
hey guys whats up!

so my gym closed down and i now have no local gym to go to that is near by. I am cutting right now, trying to loose atleast 40-50lbs. There is though this fitness room in my complex, that has one of those in all excercise machines, it has all in one lat pull down, rowing cable, bicep curl, a diffent leg curl, and extention machine, and a seprate bench press machine(ALL machines).

I have to loose alot of fat, and my question is
would doing cardio(just running) and all those machines as a split be enough to loose significant weight, that is with a well diet, or are those machines useless?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Salokin private msg quote post Address this user
Read faq section on cutting.
Calories/eating are your biggest factors to lose weight.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salokin
Read faq section on cutting.
Calories/eating are your biggest factors to lose weight.

Yea i know brah,
but i waned to know if training with only these machines along with cardio be enough to maintain my muscle mass white cutting.
Post 3 IP   flag post
the more fat you have to lose, the easier it is to keep muscle.
As the fat percentage decreases more and more it will become harder.

We don't know how much muscle and fat you have so it's virtually impossible to answer that.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
@forgottenpass That's plenty. Most people out there who lose a ton of weight don't do so by becoming power lifters. It's not how I would prefer to do it, but it's what you have to work with.
Post 5 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
If you have 40-50lbs to loose I would focus on loosing the fat and not so much worry about maintaining muscle and maintaining strength. You can always pack on some lean muscle and get super strong later. Just get healthy and lean right now. Enjoy the journey bro.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRorhrbac0808
If you have 40-50lbs to loose I would focus on loosing the fat and not so much worry about maintaining muscle and maintaining strength. You can always pack on some lean muscle and get super strong later. Just get healthy and lean right now. Enjoy the journey bro.

Exactly bro! That's is what i have been thinking of doing.when you say focus most on loosing fat rather than mainitaing muscle, So do you mean focusing on mainly a good diet, and lots of cardio, alot more than lifting?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Do you guys think that it is possible to loose significant amount of fat with mainly a good diet and lots of cardio?
Post 8 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
Step one is to get off your ass and start working.
Post 9 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgottenpass
Do you guys think that it is possible to loose significant amount of fat with mainly a good diet and lots of cardio?

Absolutely. The bulk of the literature indicates that cardio plus weight training isn't any better than cardio alone for fat loss. I would incorporate some sort of body weight exercises though, just to maintain/increase functional strength. -3X
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRorhrbac0808
Step one is to get off your ass and start working.

Hahahahah, true!
Post 11 IP   flag post
For diet do you guys think for starters I should worry more about hitting my needed calories daily, or the macros.

Which is more important when cutting?
Post 12 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
Total cals. I'd shoot for a macro split as well, but that will make less of a difference for weight loss.
Post 13 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
Dude. read the FAQ.

Macros contain calories

1g Carbs = 4 Calories
1g Protein = 4 Calories
1g Fat = 9 Calories

You'll never get anywhere if you expect to get spoonfed the entire time.

Sorry for sounding stern, and I think I misunderstood your question. Hit your total calories each day, but do your best to stay within your planned percentage for each macronutrient
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLARSUPLEX
Dude. read the FAQ.

Macros contain calories

1g Carbs = 4 Calories
1g Protein = 4 Calories
1g Fat = 9 Calories

You'll never get anywhere if you expect to get spoonfed the entire time.

Sorry for sounding stern, and I think I misunderstood your question. Hit your total calories each day, but do your best to stay within your planned percentage for each macronutrient

Ok thanks brah.
Reading the FAQ now.
Post 15 IP   flag post
LOL this may be a dumbass question, but can you gain a couple of actual pounds of fat from eating way over your caloric needs, ust from ONE DAY?
Post 16 IP   flag post
jja0016 private msg quote post Address this user
yes..
Post 17 IP   flag post
Pounds of fat??? If you ate 7,000 calories over maintenance than theoretically you could gain 2 pounds of fat in one day. (yes, 7,000 cals is the actual figure)

You can easily weigh 3-5lbs more one day than the day before. Carbs hold water, salt holds water, water=weight.

You do NOT gain pounds of fat by over-eating 1 day unless you are a fat pig that ate thousands upon thousands of calories.
Post 18 IP   flag post
340732 24 18
destitute