Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Form CritiqueSplit AdviceSquats

front squat form15874

csizemore21 private msg quote post Address this user
This isn't heavy or anything, just wondering if its okay to front squat with the arms crossed. I can't bend my hand back far enough for them without extreme pain. Also if you see anything I could do differently feel free to commentclickable text
Post 1 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
That's how I front squat. Never even tried holding onto the bar, I just find it easy to rest it on my delts. And you can front squat plenty heavy that way, I've seen someone front squat 405 for reps just balancing the bar.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
And it looks like you are rolling your foot inside a little bit, I'd work on keeping the weight distributed evenly on your feet. Usually can be fixed just by concentrating on opening your hips.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Ohh yeah I see that now, I think it may be partly bc my chucks are pretty loosen I'll tighten em up and focus on keeping the hips split. It actually feels more natural to me with my delts holding it. Dude 405 for reps with front squats would be insane
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frostshock private msg quote post Address this user
Yep, and +1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans
And it looks like you are rolling your foot inside a little bit, I'd work on keeping the weight distributed evenly on your feet. Usually can be fixed just by concentrating on opening your hips.

I always did them with straps until I worked my flexibility to do it with a clean grip
Post 5 IP   flag post
@Frostshock not a bad idea actually. I'm prob gonna keep doing them on my delts for a bit, but maybe do a few back off sets with the other grip and straps
Post 6 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
Looks good @csizemore21

I do Oly/Clean grip. It took me a while to get the wrist flexibility, but it's a piece of cake now.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@wannabemuscular did you just keep working at it until you had the wrist flexibility?
Post 8 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, pretty much. I started with straps like @Frost said.

I would start my session going with Oly grip while the weight was lighter and more manageable even if it came forward a bit. Then as it got heavier I switched to straps. Little by little I didn't need the straps anymore.
Post 9 IP   flag post
340614 9 9
destitute