Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
mrPopo private msg quote post Address this user
My knees tend to push out sidewards when squatting. Is that bad? If so how should i fix it. Btw my flexibility has never been great.

I've been using small 2.5kg plates under my heals to reach parallel (or slightly under) when squatting.
Post 1 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
You'll want to find your muscle imbalances. I had the same but my knees bowed inward. Led to hip and knee issues.

Find and do stretching to help with flexibility and strengthen your weak points. You'll have to find those out on your own.

And I'm not saying big muscles like quads and what not. Small leg muscles.
Post 2 IP   flag post
mrPopo private msg quote post Address this user
@SOLARSUPLEX I use a foam roller every now and then. Can you give an example for what you did?
Post 3 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
Im not super technical with names and what not, but the outside of my hips are weak which would cause the inside of the leg to try and compensate for its weak counterpart. This caused my kneecap to be slightly misaligned which caused a grinding/ inflammation in the area which caused great discomfort.

I stopped squatting and went to physical therapy where they gave me a handful of exercises to do. I did them and continue to do them and i believe that is why i dont have the pain anymore. I am back to squatting and starting to get much bigger numbers than before.
Post 4 IP   flag post
340762 4 4
destitute