Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
LegsSplit AdviceSquats

How to make my legs grow? Ecto15829

Juicywog private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone
Post 1 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
there is no room for ectomorphs in simplyshredded, fuk off m8 before i wreck ya
Post 2 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Squat. Deadlift. And there's no such thing as an ectomorph. -3X
Post 3 IP   flag post
Juicywog private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the1
there is no room for ectomorphs in simplyshredded, fuk off m8 before i wreck ya


Stop having a roid rage you pus filled dog
Post 4 IP   flag post
Juicywog private msg quote post Address this user
@eknight thanks bro, do I go heavy or light with high reps or low?
Post 5 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Heavy. Always heavy. Form > weight. Reps of 4-6.

And get of the sauce. Wtf? Can't get your legs to grow. Believes in broscience BS like somatotyping. But is on juice. -3X
Post 6 IP   flag post
swollenscott private msg quote post Address this user
Eat more. Improve numbers of lifts and exercises performed with good form. Your legs have no choice.

O just look at your legs as you are repping it out and do a CT Fletcher: " I command you to grow motherfucker"
Post 7 IP   flag post
Jelet private msg quote post Address this user
NOTHING beats squats for leg growth even on the juice.

maxed out on leg curl, leg extention, leg press machine doing like 30+ reps, 19 plates on leg press machine... i was strong but legs didnt really start growing till i started front squatting again and progressively overloading my front squat.


get ya squat up and youll have big legs.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Juicywog private msg quote post Address this user
Does legs Make your upper body grow aswell, also is it true it releases gh & test?
Post 9 IP   flag post
swollenscott private msg quote post Address this user
I'm pretty sure that's bs- I'm sure someone will post a study for you that shows it's broscience. I'm sure you have a good release of gh and the rest of it but not enough to make your biceps grow etc. Squats are good though as you are stimulating a lot of things so you will reap the benefits of this. Plus no guy looks complete without wheels.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Rawsteel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelet
NOTHING beats squats for leg growth even on the juice.

maxed out on leg curl, leg extention, leg press machine doing like 30+ reps, 19 plates on leg press machine... i was strong but legs didnt really start growing till i started front squatting again and progressively overloading my front squat.


get ya squat up and youll have big legs.


Train a muscle against a resistance and with time manage to increase that resistance (progressive overload) and the muscle will grow, no matter the exercise.
If ones primary goal is hypertrophy for the legs i would say that the squat is inferior to lets say a leg press because of the fact that the legg press will allow one to focus more on the legs and less on the upper body/form.
Lyle Mcdonald actually has a good article about this that you should read.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/squat-versus-leg-press-for-big-legs.html/
Post 11 IP   flag post
Juicywog private msg quote post Address this user
I will start with leg press / front squats and lunges and see how we go from there. I'll do moderate heavy enough to push out the 20 rep range.

Thanks for the tips guys 👊
Post 12 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicywog
I will start with leg press / front squats and lunges and see how we go from there. I'll do moderate heavy enough to push out the 20 rep range.

Thanks for the tips guys 👊


So basically the opposite of what was advised?

Intelligent you are, fail you will.
Post 13 IP   flag post
swollenscott private msg quote post Address this user
Squat variant 4x6-8
Leg press 4x10-12
Lying Leg curl 4x8-10
Glut ham raises 4x8-10
Standing calf raises 5x8-12
Post 14 IP   flag post
swollenscott private msg quote post Address this user
^mate not 20. Te 20 rep squat program/ shock technique is for a difference. Brea and butter hypertrophy is about getting relatively heavy weights/mechanical tension with some volume/ metabolic damage. Stick with some low rep 3-5 stuff, mostly 6-10 and venture up to 12-15 for maybe extensions. Good luck
Post 15 IP   flag post
Juicywog private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by swollenscott
Squat variant 4x6-8
Leg press 4x10-12
Lying Leg curl 4x8-10
Glut ham raises 4x8-10
Standing calf raises 5x8-12
@swollenscott alright bro I'll do the one you wrote for me, and will see the results in the next 8 weeks when my cycle ends aswell, thanks heaps BRUH much 💙
Post 16 IP   flag post
Cannonball private msg quote post Address this user
Haven't seen many people with great legs who base their training on squats tbh. I've increased from 90 kg to 165 in squat and it still doesn't look like I train legs.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Cannonball private msg quote post Address this user
you're not an ecto btw
Post 18 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
Haven't seen many people with great legs who base their training on squats tbh. I've increased from 90 kg to 165 in squat and it still doesn't look like I train legs.


That's because you don't. Doing 3 sets of squats a week for two months is not training legs.

And I'm guessing you don't think Platz had great legs? -3X
Post 19 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicywog
Does legs Make your upper body grow aswell, also is it true it releases gh & test?


No, it doesn't make your upper body grow more, nor does it release more anabolic hormones than any other exercises. -3X
Post 20 IP   flag post
Cannonball private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
Haven't seen many people with great legs who base their training on squats tbh. I've increased from 90 kg to 165 in squat and it still doesn't look like I train legs.


That's because you don't. Doing 3 sets of squats a week for two months is not training legs.

And I'm guessing you don't think Platz had great legs? -3X


I meant to say only squats.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
Haven't done anything but squats for quads(and some lunges from time to time) since 2012, my legs are ok.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawsteel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelet
NOTHING beats squats for leg growth even on the juice.

maxed out on leg curl, leg extention, leg press machine doing like 30+ reps, 19 plates on leg press machine... i was strong but legs didnt really start growing till i started front squatting again and progressively overloading my front squat.


get ya squat up and youll have big legs.


Train a muscle against a resistance and with time manage to increase that resistance (progressive overload) and the muscle will grow, no matter the exercise.
If ones primary goal is hypertrophy for the legs i would say that the squat is inferior to lets say a leg press because of the fact that the legg press will allow one to focus more on the legs and less on the upper body/form.
Lyle Mcdonald actually has a good article about this that you should read.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/squat-versus-leg-press-for-big-legs.html/


Moral of this article: If you have bad mobility, are too scared to go up in weight, basically do everything wrong, and don't feel like correcting any of that and want to live your life with bad posture, then leg press. Makes sense.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Jelet private msg quote post Address this user
I wish this was true but its not. Like i said, i ran out of plates to put on the leg press machine and had to put a barbbell on top of the leg press machine with 45lb plates.. I progressively overloaded fine. But legs didnt gain real mass till i squatted.yes they grew a little form leg press ans isolation exercises etc.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawsteel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelet
NOTHING beats squats for leg growth even on the juice.

maxed out on leg curl, leg extention, leg press machine doing like 30+ reps, 19 plates on leg press machine... i was strong but legs didnt really start growing till i started front squatting again and progressively overloading my front squat.


get ya squat up and youll have big legs.


Train a muscle against a resistance and with time manage to increase that resistance (progressive overload) and the muscle will grow, no matter the exercise.
If ones primary goal is hypertrophy for the legs i would say that the squat is inferior to lets say a leg press because of the fact that the legg press will allow one to focus more on the legs and less on the upper body/form.
Lyle Mcdonald actually has a good article about this that you should read.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/squat-versus-leg-press-for-big-legs.html/
im speaking from hAnds on experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawsteel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelet
NOTHING beats squats for leg growth even on the juice.

maxed out on leg curl, leg extention, leg press machine doing like 30+ reps, 19 plates on leg press machine... i was strong but legs didnt really start growing till i started front squatting again and progressively overloading my front squat.


get ya squat up and youll have big legs.


Train a muscle against a resistance and with time manage to increase that resistance (progressive overload) and the muscle will grow, no matter the exercise.
If ones primary goal is hypertrophy for the legs i would say that the squat is inferior to lets say a leg press because of the fact that the legg press will allow one to focus more on the legs and less on the upper body/form.
Lyle Mcdonald actually has a good article about this that you should read.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/squat-versus-leg-press-for-big-legs.html/



If this is true all i have to do is leg extention and leg curl for big legs? Maybe some glute ham raises? Quads and leg curls will be hit ans progressively overloaded with weight. (Lets say if the machines were heavier so u can use more weight)

Wish it was this easy but its not from experience.


Show me 1 study where test subjects did not squat for xxxx weeks then squatted for xxx weeks and went back and forth and had a conclusion that squats were not needed....



Squats>everything else. The sad truth
Post 24 IP   flag post
Rawsteel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelet
I wish this was true but its not. Like i said, i ran out of plates to put on the leg press machine and had to put a barbbell on top of the leg press machine with 45lb plates.. I progressively overloaded fine. But legs didnt gain real mass till i squatted.yes they grew a little form leg press ans isolation exercises etc.


That's impossible, you must have done something terrible wrong.
Your quads does not know the difference between a squat and a leg press, it's the same movement for the legs if done right.
The difference between them is that you don't involve your upper body in a leg press.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Jelet private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawsteel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelet
I wish this was true but its not. Like i said, i ran out of plates to put on the leg press machine and had to put a barbbell on top of the leg press machine with 45lb plates.. I progressively overloaded fine. But legs didnt gain real mass till i squatted.yes they grew a little form leg press ans isolation exercises etc.


That's impossible, you must have done something terrible wrong.
Your quads does not know the difference between a squat and a leg press, it's the same movement for the legs if done right.
The difference between them is that you don't involve your upper body and erectors in a leg press.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawsteel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelet
I wish this was true but its not. Like i said, i ran out of plates to put on the leg press machine and had to put a barbbell on top of the leg press machine with 45lb plates.. I progressively overloaded fine. But legs didnt gain real mass till i squatted.yes they grew a little form leg press ans isolation exercises etc.


That's impossible, you must have done something terrible wrong.
Your quads does not know the difference between a squat and a leg press, it's the same movement for the legs if done right.
The difference between them is that you don't involve your upper body in a leg press.


Your article thAt you posted of bodycomp. Where are the studies? Lyle mcdonald creating it means nothing. He says reverse dieting is broscience yet tons of people(hands on experience) report to raise their metabolism with it etc.


And just like this case my hands on experience tells me leg presses and iso exercises will grow your legs slightly.. But not rapid growth like squats.



Im still waiting on the studies that show leg press equal to squat... Not knowitall dickweed lylemcdonald posting his theory... Sounds correct on paper yea.. But it doesnt work that way unfortunatetly.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Rawsteel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelet

yet tons of people(hands on experience) report to raise their metabolism with it etc.


This is BROSCIENCE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelet
And just like this case my hands on experience tells me leg presses and iso exercises will grow your legs slightly.. But not rapid growth like squats.


Im still waiting on the studies that show leg press equal to squat... Not knowitall dickweed lylemcdonald posting his theory... Sounds correct on paper yea.. But it doesnt work that way unfortunatetly.


Take a look at the 2 exercises and you'll see that it's the same movement for the legs, they don't know the bloody difference.
Do you think they have a brain of their own or what?
If you got better results from squats it's probably because your form was bad in the leg press, you ate less or you have simply trained smarter and harder during the period you've used the squat, probably a combination of all.
Learn the basics of hypertrophy and come back.

PS, yes, Lyle is a dick but he's a smart one and the work he has done is fantastic.
Post 27 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
I dont mean to jump in here and call bullshit. But jelet, i have no clue how huge you are, and from what i read you claim to move a fuck ton of weight. Mind adding some pics to your account? For some reason i thought you were one of the younger posters on here. Like 17-18.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Jelet private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawsteel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelet

yet tons of people(hands on experience) report to raise their metabolism with it etc.


This is BROSCIENCE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelet
And just like this case my hands on experience tells me leg presses and iso exercises will grow your legs slightly.. But not rapid growth like squats.


Im still waiting on the studies that show leg press equal to squat... Not knowitall dickweed lylemcdonald posting his theory... Sounds correct on paper yea.. But it doesnt work that way unfortunatetly.


Take a look at the 2 exercises and you'll see that it's the same movement for the legs, they don't know the bloody difference.
Do you think they have a brain of their own or what?
If you got better results from squats it's probably because your form was bad in the leg press, you ate less or you have simply trained smarter and harder during the period you've used the squat, probably a combination of all.
Learn the basics of hypertrophy and come back.

PS, yes, Lyle is a dick but he's a smart one and the work he has done is fantastic.
Okay. you can think what you want. but there are hundreds of people who reverse diet including members on this forum who successfully do it. they boost their metabolism than cut calories back a little and lose weight when a few months ago their weight loss stalled at that same weight etc. despite lyle mcdonalds posting some study that debunks reverse diet. lol.

people can think what they want but i posted my thoughts on this matter and hands on experience... so they can do as they please.


my leg presses leg curls and leg extensions all went up.. but leg mass only slowly went up... it was not till i started squatting again till they started to grow like a weed...

i think leg presses are great, leg curls, leg extensions etc. after squatting. they all contribute a little to leg growth (but nothing like squats). but they are just the icing to the cake.. squatting is what really makes the legs grow from my experience...



Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLARSUPLEX
I dont mean to jump in here and call bullshit. But jelet, i have no clue how huge you are, and from what i read you claim to move a fuck ton of weight. Mind adding some pics to your account? For some reason i thought you were one of the younger posters on here. Like 17-18.
I dont like to brag. and im not on here to act all tough on the internet... proves nothing what i look like... but anyways only place i post my pics/videos is on private board gh15.. i dont post my pics publicly due to my open gear usage posts.. i dont want to be linked to it on a public site.. it can bite me in the ass some day.. esp if i get involved in law enforcement... means nothing anyways. yes it is a ton of weight. im not a natty lifter. and i am 23.. turning 24 in a couple of months..
Post 29 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
my legs got really big from leg presses, one leg presses and squat/dead variations
Post 30 IP   flag post
340762 41 30
destitute