Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
LegsSplit AdviceSquats

How to make my legs grow? Ecto15829

Jelet private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawsteel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelet
I wish this was true but its not. Like i said, i ran out of plates to put on the leg press machine and had to put a barbbell on top of the leg press machine with 45lb plates.. I progressively overloaded fine. But legs didnt gain real mass till i squatted.yes they grew a little form leg press ans isolation exercises etc.


That's impossible, you must have done something terrible wrong.
Your quads does not know the difference between a squat and a leg press, it's the same movement for the legs if done right.
The difference between them is that you don't involve your upper body and erectors in a leg press.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawsteel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelet
I wish this was true but its not. Like i said, i ran out of plates to put on the leg press machine and had to put a barbbell on top of the leg press machine with 45lb plates.. I progressively overloaded fine. But legs didnt gain real mass till i squatted.yes they grew a little form leg press ans isolation exercises etc.


That's impossible, you must have done something terrible wrong.
Your quads does not know the difference between a squat and a leg press, it's the same movement for the legs if done right.
The difference between them is that you don't involve your upper body in a leg press.


Your article thAt you posted of bodycomp. Where are the studies? Lyle mcdonald creating it means nothing. He says reverse dieting is broscience yet tons of people(hands on experience) report to raise their metabolism with it etc.


And just like this case my hands on experience tells me leg presses and iso exercises will grow your legs slightly.. But not rapid growth like squats.



Im still waiting on the studies that show leg press equal to squat... Not knowitall dickweed lylemcdonald posting his theory... Sounds correct on paper yea.. But it doesnt work that way unfortunatetly.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Rawsteel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelet

yet tons of people(hands on experience) report to raise their metabolism with it etc.


This is BROSCIENCE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelet
And just like this case my hands on experience tells me leg presses and iso exercises will grow your legs slightly.. But not rapid growth like squats.


Im still waiting on the studies that show leg press equal to squat... Not knowitall dickweed lylemcdonald posting his theory... Sounds correct on paper yea.. But it doesnt work that way unfortunatetly.


Take a look at the 2 exercises and you'll see that it's the same movement for the legs, they don't know the bloody difference.
Do you think they have a brain of their own or what?
If you got better results from squats it's probably because your form was bad in the leg press, you ate less or you have simply trained smarter and harder during the period you've used the squat, probably a combination of all.
Learn the basics of hypertrophy and come back.

PS, yes, Lyle is a dick but he's a smart one and the work he has done is fantastic.
Post 27 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
I dont mean to jump in here and call bullshit. But jelet, i have no clue how huge you are, and from what i read you claim to move a fuck ton of weight. Mind adding some pics to your account? For some reason i thought you were one of the younger posters on here. Like 17-18.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Jelet private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawsteel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelet

yet tons of people(hands on experience) report to raise their metabolism with it etc.


This is BROSCIENCE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelet
And just like this case my hands on experience tells me leg presses and iso exercises will grow your legs slightly.. But not rapid growth like squats.


Im still waiting on the studies that show leg press equal to squat... Not knowitall dickweed lylemcdonald posting his theory... Sounds correct on paper yea.. But it doesnt work that way unfortunatetly.


Take a look at the 2 exercises and you'll see that it's the same movement for the legs, they don't know the bloody difference.
Do you think they have a brain of their own or what?
If you got better results from squats it's probably because your form was bad in the leg press, you ate less or you have simply trained smarter and harder during the period you've used the squat, probably a combination of all.
Learn the basics of hypertrophy and come back.

PS, yes, Lyle is a dick but he's a smart one and the work he has done is fantastic.
Okay. you can think what you want. but there are hundreds of people who reverse diet including members on this forum who successfully do it. they boost their metabolism than cut calories back a little and lose weight when a few months ago their weight loss stalled at that same weight etc. despite lyle mcdonalds posting some study that debunks reverse diet. lol.

people can think what they want but i posted my thoughts on this matter and hands on experience... so they can do as they please.


my leg presses leg curls and leg extensions all went up.. but leg mass only slowly went up... it was not till i started squatting again till they started to grow like a weed...

i think leg presses are great, leg curls, leg extensions etc. after squatting. they all contribute a little to leg growth (but nothing like squats). but they are just the icing to the cake.. squatting is what really makes the legs grow from my experience...



Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLARSUPLEX
I dont mean to jump in here and call bullshit. But jelet, i have no clue how huge you are, and from what i read you claim to move a fuck ton of weight. Mind adding some pics to your account? For some reason i thought you were one of the younger posters on here. Like 17-18.
I dont like to brag. and im not on here to act all tough on the internet... proves nothing what i look like... but anyways only place i post my pics/videos is on private board gh15.. i dont post my pics publicly due to my open gear usage posts.. i dont want to be linked to it on a public site.. it can bite me in the ass some day.. esp if i get involved in law enforcement... means nothing anyways. yes it is a ton of weight. im not a natty lifter. and i am 23.. turning 24 in a couple of months..
Post 29 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
my legs got really big from leg presses, one leg presses and squat/dead variations
Post 30 IP   flag post


Rawsteel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLARSUPLEX
i dont post my pics publicly due to my open gear usage posts.. i dont want to be linked to it on a public site.. it can bite me in the ass some day.. esp if i get involved in law enforcement...


Did you by any chance start using around the same time you started doing squats?
If so, there's the reason to why you grew more.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Jelet private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawsteel
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLARSUPLEX
i dont post my pics publicly due to my open gear usage posts.. i dont want to be linked to it on a public site.. it can bite me in the ass some day.. esp if i get involved in law enforcement...


Did you by any chance start using around the same time you started doing squats?
If so, there's the reason to why you grew more.
nope. Used while leg pressing. Maybe my legs did not get enough volume? When squatting i continued to leg press just added squats to the routine(more volume)?
Post 32 IP   flag post
Rawsteel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelet
nope. Used while leg pressing. Maybe my legs did not get enough volume? When squatting i continued to leg press just added squats to the routine(more volume)?


That might very well be the reason.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Bucky private msg quote post Address this user
squat if you can, and then add leg presses/curls and other accessory work.. what works for one may not work for the other, I feel like you two should know that by now.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Juicywog private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks guys I'll keep yall posted soon
Post 35 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
Please don't.
Post 36 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
let us know jyzz
Post 37 IP   flag post
Juicywog private msg quote post Address this user

juiccccyyy
Post 38 IP   flag post
Rawn private msg quote post Address this user
Thats quite a bright shoe collection
Post 39 IP   flag post
csizemore21 private msg quote post Address this user
LMFAO holy shit. Didn't notice that
Post 40 IP   flag post
Juicywog private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks guys 💪
Post 41 IP   flag post
340617 41 16
destitute