Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CuttingFemale FitnessNewbieSplit Advice

trying to figure out muscle gains & weight!15821

queenquebec private msg quote post Address this user
I've been following this routine http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/4-day-power-muscle-burn-workout-split.html
For 8 weeks now and I've also been taking creating everyday.

But here's what puzzles me. My arms, legs, shld,chest & back are trimmer and more built than ever, but my waist size has gone up 2 inches and I've gained 15 pounds in two months!

So, I guess I'm on an unintended bulk LOL. I also cut back on cardio too.

Anyways, I work has a contruction clean up janitor and I eat sooo much for girl it's embarrassing! I eat 3000 calories on an average day.

Ok,so I get that I have to cut back but why is it that the rest of my body shrunk in inches but my gut grew? Is it because I started training abs with weights?
Post 1 IP   flag post
My friends can guess that I weigh 168 pounds! Is this something I should worry about? I mean it's heavy for 5ft5 women I think.
But I still want to build my glutes, abs & shld.

I can wait until april to cut back. I think 155 is good or so long has my waist goes to 27 inches
Post 2 IP   flag post
_RudeCrew private msg quote post Address this user
No offense, but what the hell is a shld?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by _RudeCrew
No offense, but what the hell is a shld?
shoulders!
Post 4 IP   flag post
A_em private msg quote post Address this user
I'm far from being an expert (even though I lost almost 50 lbs after being pregnant), but since guys are not giving their feedback here I'd say your muscle grow, but you are not losing your fat...

cut the calories and start doing some HIIT

I've also heard that abs are made in the kitchen- that works for me 100%, so yeah, eat less and see if it changes.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandra_em
I'm far from being an expert (even though I lost almost 50 lbs after being pregnant), but since guys are not giving their feedback here I'd say your muscle grow, but you are not losing your fat...

cut the calories and start doing some HIIT

Thanks. I think i'll add two days of hiit along with 15 minutes steady cardio after my lifting.
But I think I still need to train my abdominals just like the rest of my body, so they're developer.

I just have to take action!

I've also heard that abs are made in the kitchen- that works for me 100%, so yeah, eat less and see if it changes.
@Aleksandra_em
Post 6 IP   flag post
GetFitGoFigure private msg quote post Address this user
hey girl! so, it is very helpful to track progress by body compsition... knowing your body fat. Then you can calculate your lean body mass so you know how much fat you actually have. From there, you can figure out how much you would like to lose to reach your desired body fat percent or desired leanness. There is also a great calculator to figure otu macro ratios for your goals at IIFYM.com. clickable text

Also, I am very sure you gained a lot of muscle in those two months as you are eating enough calories, but, you may have gained a bit of fat as well....

Def keep lifting, don't over do cardio as it depletes muscle and yes... abs are made in the kitchen! If you are looking at add cardio, slowly add with some HIIT (no more that 30 min per session and no more than 3x per wee). Start with 1-2 HIIT sessions per week with about 3-5 intervals and go from there.

HIIT: 20-30 seconds hard as hell, then 60-90 active rest, repeat.

clickable text
Post 7 IP   flag post
340752 7 7
destitute