Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Misc.Split Advice

scientific evidence VS results15792

Beans private msg quote post Address this user
@ambitiongainer Did someone tell you NOT to do incline bench? There's nothing wrong with doing it. Why don't you just switch it into your routine and see if you notice a difference?
Post 26 IP   flag post
ambitiongainer private msg quote post Address this user
@Beans what I've been getting from this is that incline bench doing make any great impact on upper chest because ek said there is no upper chest but what I'VE ALSO FINDING OUT FROM THIS TOPIC IS

no matter what you say this topic will always be debatable, so either an updated EMG or something scientifically proven that incline works upper chest more to let everyone finally come to an agreement

so far now everyone should agree to disagree with each other

for my conclusion I'm going with what my BODY TELLS ME, so when I do incline bench I feel like my upper chest is getting pump and also feel like its I'm proven

for all my chest day routine I always do 3 sets of flat, 3 sets of incline and 3 set of decline so even if incline and decline was scientifically proven that it wont work upper or lower chest more, I still will be doing them because my body feels like its getting a good workout from each exercises

so to answer your question I was always doing incline bench and also this topic from what I've seen in the thread that EK created too many people get heated from this topic saying it wont work upper chest and that it will work upper chest until it becomes an argument

I'm too mature for that shit so either people just listen to EK statements that he haS proven with his scientific facts and either follow it or do as hodgetwins usually say, "DO DHA FUCK YOU WANNA DO" simple Isn't it?
Post 27 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine0seven
I'm not gonna lie and I hope I don't get anyone butt hurt..

Im Not a huge fan of "science."

Do whatever routine you ENJOY because that's the routine you will give 100% of your effort and will see more results than running a routine you don't enjoy.

Just my opinion
Post 28 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambitiongainer
no matter what you say this topic will always be debatable, so either an updated EMG or something scientifically proven that incline works upper chest more to let everyone finally come to an agreement


No, it actually ISN'T debatable. The literature is pretty clear on that. At this point, debating it is like debating gravity or the speed of sound. You can choose to believe the world is still flat, and that's fine, but it doesn't mean that that is a debatable topic. Why in the world would an "updated" piece of research change what has been clinically established? And if it did, why would you suddenly believe a single study vs all of the other ones? Simply because it supports your view? If people practiced medicine this way, we would still be drilling holes in people's skulls to relieve migraines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambitiongainer
for my conclusion I'm going with what my BODY TELLS ME, so when I do incline bench I feel like my upper chest is getting pump


Then how do you explain the fact that my "upper chest" is full, rounded out and looks great? I've never done inclines. You understand that our bodies are all 99.9% exactly the same down to nearly the last strand of proteins? Your results on this and mine aren't going to be different. It doesn't work that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambitiongainer
I'm too mature for that shit


What a crock. Why even start this thread then? Very few people are going to watch an apple fall from a tree and debate gravity. -3X
Post 29 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
@ambitiongainer Just do incline then man. If your chest made better gains doing it, then do it. Regardless of whether or not it's working your "upper chest", if it's works, it works.
Post 30 IP   flag post


ambitiongainer private msg quote post Address this user
@eknight your one of the most respectable guys on here, you deserve alot of respect from your sharing of knowledge, honestly I didn't this topic was so complicated here and that so many person get heated, I'm not the type to debate so long or get upset over a simple conversation

there as been times that new study comes to prove old studies obsolete, we both know that, when technology gets even more better they are able to get more information that they didnt get before

we always learn that egg yolk as bad fats right, now we hear that its actually as good facts

and key statement, you never done incline so you don't know what it could do for you in 6 months time or even a year

furthermore I'm not gonna ask you for a picture of your current body like others did, that's unnecessary, you saying your self is full, I wouldn't know if it is or not, so you can continue with the way you always do and I be taking @Beans advice and do what I've usually done

@eknight have a wonderful sunday to you and your family and continue being one of the respected and grandfathers of this forum, just to make this clear I respect you and also appreciate what you have been doing to help guys who need it

but remember instead of making someone feel insecure and embarrassing when they are ignorant to the things you do and make they wanna be defensive, be like a brother or father who as a son and teach what is right from wrong so moving forward they know what to do, motivate them not demotivate them, MIKE AND WANNABEMUSCULAR IS THE PERFECT EXAMPLE, that guy is the boss, MOST RESPECT TO Them
Post 31 IP   flag post
kickinchicken private msg quote post Address this user
@ambitiongainer dude! @EK isn't making anyone insecure or embarrassed. It's just that nobody likes to be wrong. And when you're presented with documented evidence that may prove someone's opinion and the other guy isn't accurate in his replies than of course he will be upset. Insecure has nothing to do with the apparent offender.

Some people just need to man up and do what they believe instead of getting all butt hurt. Ain't no one crying in a corner because @EK was too insensitive ever gonna be able to hold their head up high and say they are fucking alpha.

How about someone go ahead and do a shit ton of incline bench over 6 months and take pictures and measurements and log that shit for everyone to see if they are legitimately getting results?
Post 32 IP   flag post
ambitiongainer private msg quote post Address this user
@kickinchicken I'm not actually referring to this topic but sometimes I see new guys come here and he's kinda harsh on them, so that's why I made that statement

anyways everyone is different I don't find this as an argument but more of a conversation, know a mean

and remember what they say about incline that is works mostly upper chest so if they do only that, then everywhere else would lag

but I think what you said is right someone should do 6 months of incline with other workouts and see how much progress they make and see the results then post it

and remember I'm just stating my opinion, that's all as i said before I do respect @EK I just think he's too harsh on new guys cause he know more than them

so that's why I made it clear I would prefer to be called an alpha than getting butt hurt so that's why I'm keeping my head up and do what I believe in, I believe I said that about 4 times now.... lol

just try to look at it from my prospective, from my side of view... no one is too old to take advice so I believe I can give @EK an advice, plus I have alot of friends here that actually give me good advice so I can even pass that on, know a mean
Post 33 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Yep, couldn't be that I come across harshly because people keep parroting the same nonsense like the myth of selectively working areas of a muscle. After a dozen freaking times addressing this exact topic with pictures and data and research galore, and not having any data to the contrary- in fact not having anything at all to the contrary except the old stand-by, "it works for me" (because, yeah, somehow YOUR genetics and origins and insertions are different from the 7 billion other people on the planet)- I can't imagine why anyone would sound harsh when addressing the topic for the bazillionth time. -3X
Post 34 IP   flag post
brian12 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine0seven
I'm not gonna lie and I hope I don't get anyone butt hurt..

Im Not a huge fan of "science."

Do whatever routine you ENJOY because that's the routine you will give 100% of your effort and will see more results than running a routine you don't enjoy.

Just my opinion
Post 35 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
Variation. Thats why there are many exercises doing and targeting the same thing.
Post 36 IP   flag post
340764 36 11
destitute