Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
DeadliftProgress PicsProgress UpdateTraining LogTraining Programs

My Journey To The 1000lb Club Part 315758

AarronStenner private msg quote post Address this user
Other thread was full.

In that thread my total went from 380kg to 402.5kg
My bench and squat have stayed the same due to a shoulder injury and i was training with doubly ply knee sleevs on squats. Squatting 100% raw now so no sleeves as I have a powerlifting competition coming up.

My competition is January 25th
I am hoping for
Squat 135kg
Bench 95kg
Deadift 182.5kg

After the competition im thinking of being coached by Bryce Lewis but i'll make my decision based on if i can afford it or not
Post 1 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
Yes First in for this brother.

Bryce is a legend. Genuinely nice guy also.
Post 2 IP   flag post
AnthonyKim421 private msg quote post Address this user
Bryce is very, very knowledgeable when it comes to powerlifting. Have you considered others like Candito or even Ben Esgro? Candito may be less expensive than Bryce but who knows. Plus, he's put out programs for free so that could be something you could take advantage of.
Post 3 IP   flag post
MMB private msg quote post Address this user
Iiiiiiiiiiiiin
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMB
Iiiiiiiiiiiiin

Jeremy?
Post 5 IP   flag post
MMB private msg quote post Address this user
If Jeremy's in or not idk.. But sure thing I am.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Frostshock private msg quote post Address this user
In to lurk and creep on Dem numbers!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMB
If Jeremy's in or not idk.. But sure thing I am.

lolol thought you were calling me Jeremy Lin
Post 8 IP   flag post
@AnthonyKim421 I have have his DUP freebie if he is too expensive which I'll run. Either way it's going to be exciting
Post 9 IP   flag post
_RudeCrew private msg quote post Address this user
@AarronStenner he has said to not run the freebie. It isn't a program. The excel is there to help you create your own program. All the exercises were just thrown in there.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@_RudeCrew I know dude, I have my own set up on there. E.g. mine is 4 days a week not 6 and I alternate squat and deadlift volume.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
In as always man!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Heavy Squat
Goal 105kg 5x2
Actual 105kg 5x2

Rep Bench
Goal 65kg 3x8-12
Actual 65kg 1x10, 1x7, 1x5
I think fatigue from OHP and Dumbbell Bench press yesterday played a part

Explosive Deadlift
Goal 120kg 8x3
Actual 120kg 8x3
Really struggled with this but got through it and had a powerlifter in my gym check my form. He said there was no form brake down which is a good sign

Pull Ups
Goal 3 x AMRAP
Felt something twinge in my right shoulder, left it there straight away; not risking an injury so close to my competition
Post 13 IP   flag post
Heavy Bench
Goal 75kg 5x2
Actual 75kg 5x2

Explosive Squat
Goal 90kg 8x3
Actual 90kg 8x3

Rep Deadlift
Goal 130kg 3x8-12
Actual 130kg 1x5 2x4

I done one pull up and my tweak felt better but not 100% two days of now because of Christmas and I should be good to go again
Post 14 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
Dude, what happened with the deadlifts??

This is the 2nd or 3rd time ive seen your deadlifts suffer, is it because your knackered? Or are your %'s off?
Post 15 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
Yo Aaron are you about 3 weeks away from a meet? Do you know your weights your opening with and have you practiced them more than once?
Post 16 IP   flag post
@Trev182 it's because I'm fucking awful for reps haha

@SRorhrbac0808 yeah man, I done my openers last week. Going for my 2nd attempts soon. Leaving my 3rd attempt for the competition. I don't know how I'm going to react to nerves etc. Some people flurish in competitions and do 10kg more than normal. Others go the other way.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Nerves are good. At least for me they were. Just focus on you and the weight and the judges commands.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@SRorhrbac0808 im training as if im listening to commands. I noticed they used a lever squat rack, how did you find that?
Post 19 IP   flag post
It's fine. There is nothing to get used to for a different rack. Before the meet we stood under the rack to get the right measurements and they recorded that for us. Then we had the option of walking it out or not.

If you don't walk it out make sure your feet are set and far enough under the bar
Post 20 IP   flag post
@SRorhrbac0808 I didn't know thy give you an option to walk it out or not,.regardless 8 out of 9 lifts is awesome man!
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AarronStenner
@SRorhrbac0808 I didn't know thy give you an option to walk it out or not,.regardless 8 out of 9 lifts is awesome man!

The way I see it is who gives a fuck if you go 9 for 9 or 6 for 9. If you get 2-3 PRs and tie a PR or something that's a good day
Post 22 IP   flag post
Stan efferding went 6 for 9 and got a world record raw total
Post 23 IP   flag post
@SRorhrbac0808 holy shit. If all is going well on the day I'll be going for PR's I haven't attempted in the gym.
Post 24 IP   flag post
If you haven't done the complete lift in the gym I wouldn't attempt them in a meet. Or make sure you know you will get it. Stan is elite and can do wtf he wants
Post 25 IP   flag post
@SRorhrbac0808 haha fair enough, i'll take that on board
Post 26 IP   flag post
You will do fine brother. I had an amazing day when I did my comp. A ton of fun and learned a lot. Be open for peoples suggestions there as you might get some good info
Post 27 IP   flag post
@SRorhrbac0808 im all ears from the guys there. I'll definitely be taking some notes haha
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AarronStenner
@SRorhrbac0808 im all ears from the guys there. I'll definitely be taking some notes haha

Girls too
Post 29 IP   flag post
Chocolate shoulders strike again.

Was deadlifting 147.5kg 5x2 and my what ever connects your lat and Tricep to your shouler pulled. I couldn't even take the 20 kg plates of the bar.

Plan of action is recover and work of strengthening it back up while doing more squat volume. Have a test to see where I am with deadlifts nand bench a few days before the comp, nothing to taxing then go into the competition and do my best. It won't be PR's on deadlift or bench but all I can is show up and lift
Post 30 IP   flag post
340738 38 30
destitute