shredm private msg quote post Address this user
What is the best of those two splits?

Push/Pull

A Squats, Bench, Ohp, Dips

B Deadlifts, Pullups, Rows, Curls

Full Body

A Squats, Bench, Rows, Curls

B Deadlifts, Ohp, Pullups, Dips

Im currently doing the push pull split, but my Ohp is very weak after the heavy benching, so would the full body be better in that case?
Also i train 3-5 times a week and sometimes train two days in a rows, so maybe the full body split isnt the smartest choice either?
Post 1 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
If u want ur upper body fresher for ohp then I'd suggest the second program man. Fresher triceps for the lift.
Post 2 IP   flag post
ParkerHenry private msg quote post Address this user
If I had to choose, I would pick full body since there wouldn't be any overlap with deadlifting the day after squats, but if you have to do 2 days in a row, and there is no way around it, then do the push pull since if you are doing full body, then you will want at least 48 hours of rest between workouts.
Post 3 IP   flag post
leanr0x private msg quote post Address this user
http://forum.simplyshredded.com/topic/15631/push-pull-split/
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredm
This time i want to stick to a simple and effective routine and progress on it.
Because i have changed so much my lifts did not improve at all since 1 year, so im kinda weak

you didnt stick long to it? ;-)
pick a proven one and stick really to it
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by leanr0x

you didnt stick long to it? ;-)
pick a proven one and stick really to it

Yeah indeed =), its because pre-made routine are boring to me.

Thanks anyway, i think i use my full body one even though i will sometimes train two days in a row.
Post 5 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Do you want boring or do you want results? -3X
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Do you want boring or do you want results? -3X

Ok but if its bore me, i know i wont stick to it on the long run.

But if i use my routine and setup wich i enjoy doing, i will stick to it.. so better in the long run i guess.

Btw i use rest pause DC style on every exercices except Squats and Deadlifts wich is RPT style.
I use those methods because thats the one i enjoy the most and where i push myself to the max , even if theyre less effective than 5x5 for example.
Post 7 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
OK, so if you're content spinning your wheels so you don't get bored, then carry on. -3X
Post 8 IP   flag post
Really man, you really do think that i will made no gains if i use this simple routine with all main compound movement based on progressive overload ( with Rest pause and Reverse pyramid Training ), even though i will work hard and be consistent ?

Im really asking you because you seem like a knowledgeable guy on this forum.
Post 9 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
I'm not saying you'll make no gains. I'm implying you'll make less than optimal gains with that routine. I have no idea why you would be bored with a routine developed by someone with substantial knowledge and who has accomplished a lot in the field (ie, Norton, DeFranco, Wendler, etc.), but that's just me. -3X
Post 10 IP   flag post
Ok get it man, can you recommend me a simple routine ( i train at home and only have a power cage and a bench ).
I don't care if its a proven one or if its made by you lol, just want a very simple and effective routine!
Post 11 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
With the equip you have, you could do wonder with either 531 or PPL. The big issue is sticking with a routine for long enough to get as much as you can out of it. Routine ADD can really sabotage your goals. If you wanted something similar to what you have above, why not run:

1. Squats, Deads, GHR, Calves
2. Bench, OHP, Pullups, Rows
3. Deads, Squats, GHR, Calves
4. OHP, Bench, Pullups, Rows

-3X
Post 12 IP   flag post
Thanks man! very simple, i like this routine, basically its an Upper/Lower, the only thing is i will have trouble doing GHR...
What about the sets and reps setup? I bet you dont like rest pause and rpt, am i right lol
Post 13 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
I don't dislike them, no. Sets and reps are up to you. Use common sense. I'd personally advise 4 sets of everything, with the first exercise being a 3-5 rep range and the rest being 8-10. If you have anything at all to fix your feet under you can do GHR's. -3X
Post 14 IP   flag post
Thanks again for those advices eknight, and yeah i already tried to do GHR at home in the past, but couldnt find a way to set it up
Post 15 IP   flag post
340732 15 15
destitute