Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BulkingNewbieProgress PicsSplit AdviceTeen

Need to get back into lifting15728

ThatTeenThatLifts private msg quote post Address this user
6 months ago I stopped lifting due to 3 seperate breaks in my left arm. My doctor has given me permission to resume lifting in the new year. Whilst in recovery I came across an apparently well known & effective programme called strong lifts 5X5 and was wondering what you guys think of the programme.

I am going to Barcelona next year in May (so 5 months after I resume training) and was also wondering if I should do strong lifts for the full 5 months or break it down. 3 months strong lift then 2 months sculpting my body? Or maybe I should completely disregard the strong lifts programme?

I currently stand at 180cm weighing roughly 140pounds. I like to think I am reasonably strong for my age (16 years old)

Thanks in advance. PS I am new to this so don't be angry with me if I have posted in the wrong place or whatever I just want some advice. As I said I have previously lifted so I know not to expect massive improvement I'd just like a route to take to get a nice amount of strength and muscle gain. I have posted a picture of how I currently look below, thanks guys.
Post 1 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
Ye bro get that strength back. Stronglifts for sure
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiremanSi
Ye bro get that strength back. Stronglifts for sure
@FiremanSi should I do strong lifts for the whole 5 months? Bear in mind I would prefer some reasonable definition
Post 3 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
Stronglifts is a great program. It will "sculpt" your body just fine. I personally think you'd make better gains at your age and experience doing squats, bench, ohp and deads than doing a traditional bodybuilder split.
Post 4 IP   flag post
FNO private msg quote post Address this user
^^^^^ what he said
Post 5 IP   flag post
Okay thanks guys, strong lifts it is Ty for the help
Post 6 IP   flag post
mikew private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatTeenThatLifts
should I do strong lifts for the whole 5 months?

Yeah man for sure!

PS- Welcome to SS
Post 7 IP   flag post
OatsandHoes private msg quote post Address this user
STRONGLIFTS!!!!!!!!!! ...and this -->

5 cups oats
4 cups milk
4 protein scoops
= 2700 calories
470 carbs
180+protein
& all the fat you need.

When you wake up and your blender is dry, throw in the oats
Blend them to a powder, throw in milk and protein. Divide into 3 or 4 small cups and chug thru the day.

Then just eat whatever you want, which won't be much.

We have the same body type. With oats you will grow fast but keep your lean overall shape that you don't want to lose, 5x5 will grow your legs and shoulders FAST. . Wheymen. Hope this helped, it has brought me many gainz.
Post 8 IP   flag post
340734 8 8
destitute