Doing WS4SB about the moment, the routine is laid out like this:

Monday: Upper Body Workout
Tuesday: Lower Body Workout
Wednesday: off
Thursday: Upper Body Workout
Friday: Lower Body Workout
Saturday: off
Sunday: off

But would is it okey to lay it out like this instead? as its fits a little better for me, and my lower back is always so sore from the upper body days.

Monday: Upper Body Workout
Tuesday: Off
Wednesday: Lower Body Workout
Thursday: Upper Body Workout
Friday: Off
Saturday: Lower Body Workout
Sunday: off
Post 1 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Yes. -3X
Post 2 IP   flag post
frui2 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Yes. -3X
Thank you.
Post 3 IP   flag post
ParkerHenry private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, it's fine
Post 4 IP   flag post
So i could basically just run it when its fits me, as long i get my workouts in a 7 day period, in whatever order thats fit my week.
Post 5 IP   flag post
ParkerHenry private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah
Post 6 IP   flag post
@ParkerHenry alright, Thank you again
Post 7 IP   flag post
ThatTeenThatLifts private msg quote post Address this user
The reason people have a split is so they don't train a muscles 2 days in a row so providing you don't do say deadlifts on upper day for back and lower day for legs your sweet bro. However if you go for your second option of having lower day followed by upper day defo do deadlifts on the lower day because if you do it on upper day then your glutes, quads & hammies are going to hurt from the previous day and you won't be able to perform them aswell. Good luck brah hoped I helped
Post 8 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Deads are a lower body lift. Why would he be doing them on upper day anyway? Are you familiar with the program he is running? -3X
Post 9 IP   flag post
Deadlifts train pretty much every single muscles in the body. And yes I am aware of what programme he is running I ran it myself for a while. Deadlifts are widely known as a very good upper back builder so it can be classed as an upper body exercise aswell. Yes it trains legs more than back I will give you that, that's why I said to do deads on leg day. I have a friend who does deads on upper body day and I don't agree with him so I was telling this guy to do them on lower day.
Post 10 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Would love to hear an explanation on how it hits the upper back when there's almost no scapular retraction, no active shoulder extension, and the primary movement is in the hips and knees. It's the same movement as a squat, with the weight held in front of you, not balanced on your shoulders. You have a lot to learn young one. -3X
Post 11 IP   flag post
Correct me if I'm wrong but spinal erectors are used to get you from a bent over position to a standing position, right? So if you did a dead lift without using at least your spinal erectors (sorry if the names wrong) you would finish with your legs straight but still bent over at the hip. Further more, again correct me if I'm wrong, but but the traps are strained by just holding the bar so if your deadlifting heavy your traps will be under immense stress?

Just to clarify I'm not saying I'm right for definite I'm just saying what Knowledge I've used and abit of common sense but I'm here to learn aswell as giving advice so if I am wrong please direct message me so I know why I'm wrong and so I can learn
Post 12 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Just because the traps are "strained" in a static hold, does not make the movement a dynamic upper body exercise, no. That's the difference between static and dynamic, lol. I see where you're coming from with the spinal erectors, but there's a problem with your argument there- first, and foremost, the spinal erectors are not a dynamic upper back muscle. The lumbar spine ROM is around 85 degrees total flexion and extension. Thoracic spine ROM is only about half of that, so they aren't working to extend anything above lumbar level. That should likely end the discussion, but since I suspect that it won't, consider the correct way a deadlift is done- you're not completely bent at the waist. In fact the more you bend at the waist, the less you lower your hips, and the less you get out of your hip extensors, which along with the quads are the primary movers of the exercise.

Here's what Dr. Layne Norton has to say about the dead: "Some people seem to believe that deadlifts are an upper body exercise and while they do involve the back muscles, the deadlift is moreso a posterior chain exercise and requires a good deal of hip flexion. The movement is like cross between a good morning and a squat essentially and so there is also substantial lower back, hamstring, glute, and quad activation."
-3X
Post 13 IP   flag post
Beside great strength gain on WS4SB, is it fine for size gais, as my goal is to put on some muscle mass.
Post 14 IP   flag post
340738 14 14
destitute