Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
NewbieSplit Advice

5x5 weird lost of strength15691

tuco private msg quote post Address this user
so i'm doing 5x5, my 5 rep squat max is 105k, i'm still far from it on the program, last week i did 5x5/87.5k easy. And i rested about 10 days cause of a rugby tournament i had on saturday. I arrived today at the gym thinking i was gonna blast the 90k sets cause i did 87.5k easy and i had those 10 days of rest (squatting 3/week was taking it's toll on me). But i struggled hard, almost failed on the last set, even the warm up felt heavy.

anyone had this happened to them? or know why this may have happened??
Post 1 IP   flag post
MMB private msg quote post Address this user
When I don't hit the gym for a week or more, I always feel weaker. I prefer keep going but just practicing the movement with light weight.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMB
When I don't hit the gym for a week or more, I always feel weaker. I prefer keep going but just practicing the movement with light weight.

Same here. I kind of feel out of practice, especially when it comes to lifting heavy. @tuco Not sure if you're used to taking that much time off, but that could be it, among many other things.
Post 3 IP   flag post
tuco private msg quote post Address this user
i usually feel refreshed when i take a week off, even if a party some days.
any other reasons this might have happened??

today i'm going for 92.5k, hope i perform better.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Cannonball private msg quote post Address this user
10 days is too much to think of it as some sort of rest that gives you additional strength. 5 days MAX.
Post 5 IP   flag post
340734 5 5
destitute