Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
ArmsBulkingChestProgress PicsProgress Update

4 months / bulk / PROGRESS PICS / Stronglift15640

nino27 private msg quote post Address this user
So I've been bulking since August and I've been using Stronglift 5x5 for the most part.
RIght know I don't know if I should start cutting yet or I should keep going for a few months. The problem is that I'm not done with SL and I would like to keep gaining strengh which is difficult on a cut.

What do you guys think ? Also could you estimate my bf%?

Pics are from August (pics on the right) VS December (pics on the left). Sorry for dirty bathroom miror and poor paint skills

Post 1 IP   flag post
Leg pic:

Post 2 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
Pics on the right are when you started and left are from now? Idk the pics confuse me. Hard to see what gains have been made. What was your weight before and now? And what strength gains have you made?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRorhrbac0808
Pics on the right are when you started and left are from now? Idk the pics confuse me. Hard to see what gains have been made. What was your weight before and now? And what strength gains have you made?

Yeah pics on the right are 4 months ago and those on the left just from yesterday.

Streng hwise, 4 month ago vs now(1rm):
Bench: 242--> 300
Squat: 225 --> 315
DL : 264 --> 355

Bodyweight went from 225 to 237

At what level would you say my bf% is right now btw ?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
You will certainly be able to keep going up in weight on SL if you cut slowly.

I can definitely see you've put on some size, but hard to tell how much is muscle. How long have you been lifting?

Body fat%, no idea, 15+ easily. That's not a knock. I personally believe as long as you aren't unhealthy, body fat doesn't matter. Cut if you want to, don't if you don't, that's really what it comes down to.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I've been lifting for 6 months now. The first 3 months I really didn't know what I was doing but still managed to put on size (newbie gainz maybe).

Prior to that I had an athl├ętic background (basketball, calisthenics..) but no gym membership.

Here's an after/before photo, the one on the right being the day after my first gym workout.

My plan was to keep bulking during winter season (for obvious resons) but sometimes I think I fucked up my bulk by putting on too much bodyfat. Stronglift is eaiser on a bulk tho so IDK
Post 6 IP   flag post
@nino27 I don't think you put on "too much" bf, I've seen people go crazier in 4 months. If you went into a deficit you'd probably drop water weight really quickly.

Everything is easier on a bulk, but I just ran stronglifts starting on a cut, and still made great progress.

If it were me, I would probably start cutting, because I don't physically feel comfortable with a bf that high. But that's just me. Just choose what's more important to you. The longer you bulk, the longer you'll have to cut in the end. But if progressing in the gym is most important, who cares, go and lift lol.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Beans thanks man you really helped ! What were your strengh gains with SL btw?
Post 8 IP   flag post
@nino27 Hard to be exact because I don't really keep track of my strength personal records, but after an 8 week cut I was probably in the ballpark of having added 10 lb to my bench at 5 reps, 10 lb to my squat at 5 reps, and 15 lb to my deadlift 1rm. Those would be for my all time lifts. I started really low so that I could actually make the 5 and 10 lb progressions every workout. Probably by week 5 or 6 I started having trouble hitting all the reps so my progress slowed, but I would consider improving my records by that much in 8 weeks while cutting a success.
Post 9 IP   flag post
340762 9 9
destitute