Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Bench PressChestSplit Advice

Chest - once or twice a week?15611

stranger private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys

Whats your take on chest workouts; would you prefer once or twice at week?

I am seriously considering to do it twice, with one consisting on low weights and high reps, and the other with maximum weights..
Post 1 IP   flag post
AarronStenner private msg quote post Address this user
@stranger what is your goal? Either way I'd say twice a week is great as long as you do enough pulling work to counterbalance
Post 2 IP   flag post
stranger private msg quote post Address this user
Hey man!

I would say, that my biggest concern is my chest, as I started out to be flat as an ironing board. Not that I am noway near anything I like now, but it seems to be my main issue.
Post 3 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Twice a week, like everything else. Don't get too cute with crazy volume. Shoulder health > how you look. -3X
Post 4 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
I like to hit everything 2X in 8 Days,
Post 5 IP   flag post
mikew private msg quote post Address this user
Twice a week works great. I'd think of your split in terms of max effort days and dynamic days.

(A "dynamic" workout is different than a "low weight/high rep day" imo...)

Also this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AarronStenner
twice a week is great as long as you do enough pulling work to counterbalance
Post 6 IP   flag post
stopmiring private msg quote post Address this user
You should be hitting every muscle group twice a week regardless.. I like to hit my chest one day with low reps as you said (3-5 rep range, 3-5 minute rest in between sets) and the other day focus on hypertrophy (8-12 rep range, 1,5-2 minute rest in between). Have been seeing crazy results!
Post 7 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
@stopmiring Who the F are you? You come in today and start giving advice on a bunch of threads. Start a thread to introduce yourself and let us know why anyone should listen to you. How about a profile pic also....
Post 8 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabemuscular
@stopmiring Who the F are you? You come in today and start giving advice on a bunch of threads. Start a thread to introduce yourself and let us know why anyone should listen to you. How about a profile pic also....

I never introduced myself...
Post 9 IP   flag post
stopmiring private msg quote post Address this user
@wannabemuscular ehh I am sorry dude! I just created my account. Was not aware everyone made introductions here since there are no different category's? Didn't have a profile pic yet because I had just created the account. I will make an introductions post first now no need to rage tho?
Post 10 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
Haha, well you don't have to make a formal introduction. I was just like WTF. You came out of nowhere posting advice on a bunch of threads without even a pic of yourself up. No raging ....
Post 11 IP   flag post
Rawsteel private msg quote post Address this user
Every muscle deserves to get hit every 3-5th day.
Post 12 IP   flag post
naturalgallant private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger
Hey guys

Whats your take on chest workouts; would you prefer once or twice at week?

I am seriously considering to do it twice, with one consisting on low weights and high reps, and the other with maximum weights..

It depends on the volume, but either way, I always found lower volume workouts with higher frequency to be more effective. I even experimented with whole body workouts 3-4 times a week with a few bodypart workouts on the days in between. In the end though, I've found that for a lot of people, they have to remind the muscles to grow more, rather than pound them on one day, and then forget about them for a week.
Post 13 IP   flag post
340613 13 13
destitute