Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BulkingIntroductionNewbieSplit AdviceTraining Programs

Help with 3 day split15607

Karlos private msg quote post Address this user
I am just a beginner at this and I am doing a 3 day full body split although I'm just doing my upper body but I believe I may be doing to much (22 exercises) any ideas on what I should be doing would be great help. Cheers
Post 1 IP   flag post
Rawsteel private msg quote post Address this user
This is a pretty solid program for beginners.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Is this working my whole body? Did you use it? Cheers
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlos
Is this working my whole body? Did you use it? Cheers

It is, i personally would either change the hyperextensions to romanian deadlift or alternate them and up the volume to 3x10.
The hypers would be performed with a straight back and the pad below the waist, so the hamstrings gets more focus and some dynamic training, like this.
I would also add some direct ab and calf training.
And no, i was a fool when i started lifting, i did as many other confused beginners and jumped on a "bro split".
Post 4 IP   flag post
Okay I will give it a go mate. you got any tips? Should I lift as much as possible?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Also how long for?
Post 6 IP   flag post
twreck7 private msg quote post Address this user
start off generally lighter and work your way up as you improve your form and get the techniques right
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlos
Okay I will give it a go mate. you got any tips? Should I lift as much as possible?

First learn the exercises then use the same weight in all sets and a weight that allows you to hit 5 reps in atleast 4 of the 5 sets, when you can do 5 reps in the last set up the weight with the smallest amount possible.
Use the same progression method in the other exercises that uses a different rep scheme.
And do calves every workout if you want to, i personally prefer to alternate calves this way ->

Workout 1
Standing calf raise: 3x10 + 2x15-20, 1 min rest between sets.

Workout 2
Standing calf raise: 3x6 + 2x10-15, 1 min rest between sets.
Post 8 IP   flag post
340630 8 8
destitute