WEIGHT: 197 lb
BODY FAT: 13%
HEIGHT: 6 ft tall
EXPERIENCE: 2 years of serious training. Athletic background

Training maxes:

DEADLIFT: 435
SQUAT: 315
BENCH: 235

currently bulking and i started to get stagnant in weight at 3600-3800 calories. i'll be doing 4000 calories now.

macros will be:
600 carb
220 protein
80 fat

The ratio is 60-22-18. Not the recommended 50-30-20. If that were the case I'd be doing 500 carbs, 300 protein, 89 fat. And we all know there is no point to eat 300 grams of protein at around 200 lb bodyweight.

Please feel free to comment and share experiences and knowledge. I find it so weird that I'm not even gaining weight at such high macros. Anyone else have or seen a metabolism as high as mine? And it's not like my days are very active apart from the gym.

I've been doing PPL for a year. It has worked amazingly, but now i'm starting to get stagnant with my strength. This week will switch to PHAT just to try things out. My primary goal is to build muscle at this point.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Post 1 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
Bro don't worry. I don't even count macros and I force feed everyday and wake up the same weight every damn morning. Even after thanksgiving. Just gotta eat MOAR!

Try eating your higher macros for a month. If that does not work take a step back with the kcals for a few weeks then start adding again. Always works for me calorie wise and training wise to take a step back to move forward.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Jelet private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRorhrbac0808
Bro don't worry. I don't even count macros and I force feed everyday and wake up the same weight every damn morning. Even after thanksgiving. Just gotta eat MOAR!

Try eating your higher macros for a month. If that does not work take a step back with the kcals for a few weeks then start adding again. Always works for me calorie wise and training wise to take a step back to move forward.
lol why not do a quick 2 month cut bro? it would make your cut a breeze and im sure in 2 months youll have a huge appetite which will make your bulk more enjoyable and easier. its what im going to do in the future. bulk till i hate food, then cut till i crave food lol
Post 3 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
@Jelet - yah brother that's what I'm planning on doing after New Years. I have a powerlifting meet December 21st and no need to cut until after that date. But a 2 month cut would feel like nothing and I would benefit from it for sure.
Post 4 IP   flag post
twreck7 private msg quote post Address this user
@SRorhrbac0808 lol i know what you mean about force feeding and not counting. I travel to the middle east twice a year to visit family. sometimes i stay there for weeks and even months. Counting macros there is not an option lol. I end up just going by intuition, and sometimes it gets really frustrating when i just wake up the same weight everyday.
Post 5 IP   flag post
So i've been waking up a little fuller this week since I upped my calories to 4000. at 3600-3800 I would always wake up flat af. Also 1 lb heavier than my usual weight. den glycogen stores are definitely filling up
Post 6 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
@twreck7 In for this log bro.
Damn there some big dog carb goals... what u eating dude ??
Post 7 IP   flag post
@FiremanSi glad you're in for this log bro. what am i eating? i'm eating everything lol but no for real heres an example:

BREAKFAST:

800 calories. 3-4 eggs, 8 oz milk + 1 scoop whey, 2 fruit&grain bars, banana

LUNCH (post workout):

1200 calories. burrito (tortilla, rice, black beans, steak, cheese, avocado, lettuce, tomato salsa with onions etc)

DINNER:

700-1000 calories. 2 sweet potatoes, 8 oz ground beef, olive oil

SNACKS: throughout the day i fit in random snacks including a lot of peanut butter, almond butter, fruit&grain bars, bananas, milk, whey protein, casein protein, more sweet potatoes, usually anything i feel like eating that will help get me to my godly macros.

SUPPLEMENTATION:

Multivitamins, creatine, whey and casein, bcaas, several pre-workout supps i use depending on what kind of intensity i need.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@twreck7 Great answer there buddy. Who makes those fruit and grain bars ur smashing on the daily??
U find sweet potatoes are king when high carbing ??
Post 9 IP   flag post
@FiremanSi for these filler foods that i eat, i aim for the cheapest. i get the "kroger" brand which is just my grocery store's house brand. for $2 i get 8 bars that each have 140 calories. 30 carbs. 2 protein. 1.5 fat. I use these instead of gainers. way cheaper and more nutritionally valuable.

as for sweet potatoes i just enjoy them but i do find they are quite filling. either way i force feed half my food lol I'm not in it to enjoy the food. with 4000 calories as my daily goal, i eat purely to fill macros. for high carbs i generally advise white tortillas or some form of sandwiches. breads are easier to eat and generally have high carbs. personal preference though bro
Post 10 IP   flag post
@twreck7 Same here man. Bread and cereal are handy for easy carbs.
What way do u cook ur sweet potatoes ??
Post 11 IP   flag post
mostly just microwave. i buy them wrapped in plastic usually to make life easier
Post 12 IP   flag post
today was my first day of PHAT. Upper body power day. I've been doing Push-Legs-Pull for about a year and made me some crazy gains but lately I've gotten stagnant so decided to try PHAT.

• Pulling Power: Bent over rows
3 sets of 3-5 reps
• Weighted Pull-ups
3 sets of 6-10 reps
• T-bar rows
2 sets of 6-10 reps
• Pressing Power: Flat Bench Press
3 sets of 3-5 reps
• Weighted Dips
3 sets of 6-10 reps
• Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press
3 sets of 6-10 reps
• EZ bar Curls
3 sets of 6-10 reps
• Skull Crushers
3 sets of 6-10 reps

I've never trained chest and back on the same day before. It was a very tough workout but I enjoyed it and felt great afterwards. Took me about 2 hours with all the resting and everything. Pretty damn excited about this.
Post 13 IP   flag post
340621 13 13
destitute