Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BGM990 private msg quote post Address this user
Im bulking WORKOUT A – OVERHEAD PRESS FOCUS(Monday)
• Overhead Press – 5/3/1
• Wide Grip Pull-Ups – 4 sets of 6-8 reps( superset with dumbbel bench press)
• Dumbbell Bench Press – 4 sets of 6-10 reps
• One Arm Dumbbell Rows – 4 sets of 6-10 reps
• Dips – 4 sets of 6-10

WORKOUT B – DEADLIFT FOCUS(TUESDAY)
• Deadlift – 5/3/1
• Squat – 4 sets of 6-10 reps
• Lying Leg Curls – 4 sets of 6-10 reps
• Press calf raises – 4 sets of 6-10 reps
• Abs Weighted Leg Raises SUPERSET Crunches: 3 sets x 6-10 reps

WORKOUT C – BENCH PRESS FOCUS(THURSDAY)
• Barbell Bench Press – 5/3/1
• Dumbbell Overhead Press – 4 sets of 6-10 reps
• Chin-Ups – 4 sets of 6-10 reps(superset with dumbbel incline bench press)
• Dumbbell Incline Bench Press – 4 sets of 6-10
• Barbell Bent over rows – 4 sets of 6-10 reps

WORKOUT D – SQUAT FOCUS(FRIDAY)
• Squat – 5/3/1
• SL Deadlift – 4 sets of 6-10 reps
• Leg Extensions – 4 sets of 6-10 reps
• Standing Calf Raise – 4 sets of 6-10 reps
• Abs Weighted Leg Raises SUPERSET Crunches: 3 sets x 6-10 reps
Post 1 IP   flag post
Fast
Post 2 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
Possibly too much volume for 531 protocols..
But if ur happy Id change SLDL to ur comp stance deadlift and change last 2 exercises on every day to 8-15rep range probably...
531 is absent of a lot of back work so I did chins or pull ups every day on these days and saw some good progress.
Finally some facepulls instead of dips on ohp day man.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Rawsteel private msg quote post Address this user
To much for the anterior delts if you ask me, 8 sets through db bench and dips on monday + the 5/3/1 OHP and then another 8 sets on thursday + the ones i 5/3/1 bench.
You anterior delts gets hit rather hard in chest presses, especially incline ones.
Some EMG studies has actually shown that incline presses recruits the anterior delst more then shoulder presses.
If i where you i would remove the dips, it's an exercise with a low training effect and a high risk of injury (especially if you go all the way down) compared to other chest and triceps exercises.
Do 2-3 sets of flyes and lying tricepsextensions behind the head instead (to train the long head of the triceps).
Also, do you give your rotatorcuffs any work?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawsteel
To much for the anterior delts if you ask me, 8 sets through db bench and dips on monday + the 5/3/1 OHP and then another 8 sets on thursday + the ones i 5/3/1 bench.
You anterior delts gets hit rather hard in chest presses, especially incline ones.
Some EMG studies has actually shown that incline presses recruits the anterior delst more then shoulder presses.
If i where you i would remove the dips, it's an exercise with a low training effect and a high risk of injury (especially if you go all the way down) compared to other chest and triceps exercises.
Do 2-3 sets of flyes and lying tricepsextensions behind the head instead (to train the long head of the triceps).
Also, do you give your rotatorcuffs any work?
rotatorcuffs ? Lol had to google it, I may add some machine for that muscle
Post 5 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
The rotator cuff is not one muscle- it's made up of four. No one machine or movement can work them all. I'd rethink your approach. Something more basic. You seem to have a lot to learn. -3X
Post 6 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
Didn't ready any of the above but I bet tons of money there wasn't enough back movements and not enough hamstring movements.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Rawsteel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM990
rotatorcuffs ? Lol had to google it, I may add some machine for that muscle

If one is in it for the long run strengthening the rotatorcuffs is very important, doing this will greatly decrese the chance of getting shoulder problems, which is very common among weightlifters.
I recommend you to warm them up before any upper body workout, 1-2x15-20 internal and external rotation is enought, then fninish each chest/shoulder workout with 2-3x10-15 working sets.
See it as prehab exercise and never let the weight impact your form, your elbow should always be in contact with your body.

External rotation
Internal rotation

I also recommend you to do some mobility exercises for your shoulders from time to time.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Thx gonna add those 2 to my routine
Post 9 IP   flag post
340767 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?
destitute