>injuries
>just play football and do cycling
>learn alot about the human body
>know that imbalances are too damn high
>start bodybuilding again
>imbalances reducing
>not sure this is the best way
>need help

Here's my routine, I've only added exercises that are needed. There is no squats because I still have knee pain (it clicks and pain, reduced a lot since I started doing the one legged leg press, probably a vastus medialis and gluteous medias/minimus weakness)

Upper

Incline bench 4
Horizontal pull 4 (Seated or bent over rows)
Rear delt + medial delt 2 each
Tricep 3-4
Forearm
Abs 3-4

Lower

Step up + sitting/standing calves + hams curls 4 of each

Upper

Decline bench 4
Vertical pull 4 (pull down or straight arm push down)
Rear/ medial delt 2 each
External rotation 2-3
Bicep 3-4
Traps 3-4
Abs 3-4

Lower

Leg press + hip dominant hamstring (Stiff legged deads) 4 each

Tue U
Wed L
Thur
Fri U
Sat L
Sun
Mon

Rep range 8-15

Pics:

I still have some elbow and knee pain, some tricep imbalance and vastus medialis weakness imo but I have had so many imbalances so idk. I just want to know of this is the best way I'm going about it and won't create some other imbalance. I've asked few experienced guys about it but I've got mixed reactions some of them say keep using the routine and progeressing with squats variations and some of them said it's garbage and I need to scrap it out lol.

I workout at uni gym and we don't really have good trainers in fact there's only one who just sits there and trains his chest sometimes, he's old and more like a gym caretaker. help from you guys will be appreciated a lot. Thanks.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Zahl private msg quote post Address this user
Bump.
Post 2 IP   flag post
nine0seven private msg quote post Address this user
Stop being a pussy & squat
Post 3 IP   flag post
csizemore21 private msg quote post Address this user
Why not try to build the squat up starting with bodyweight ? the knee pain may be related to your stance?
Post 4 IP   flag post
@czisemore21. I do those everyday to see if the knee pain has gone but it as soon as I go past parallel the right knee clicks and there's some pain, sometimes it doesn't click sometimes it does. Ive read starting strength and seen a lot of tutorial videos,I'm aware of hip drive and everything about the squat technique its not the stance because the left knee doesn't click.
Post 5 IP   flag post
nine0seven private msg quote post Address this user
Is OP having a convo with himself? LOL
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Nine0seven I'm not making excuses or something to not squat. I've squatted for few months doing the all pro beginner routine, both my knees started to pain. The clicking in the right one didn't go. I want to start a linear routine but I cant because the pain really fuks me up.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Sounds like you want a dorito build xD
Post 8 IP   flag post
Yes because squats will build everything in my body right.
Post 9 IP   flag post
leanr0x private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine0seven
Stop being a pussy & squat

what a stupid advice

check a doctor for your knee problems. better be safe than sorry
Post 10 IP   flag post
Actually yes squats do build everything in your body
Post 11 IP   flag post
WinnersNeverQuit private msg quote post Address this user
Tell me, just how do squats build up my chest?
Post 12 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by csizemore21
Actually yes squats do build everything in your body

Myth. They're an awesome exercise, but no one movement builds everything. Inb4incorrectargumentaboutGH

OP- have you considered not going below parallel? How about lunges? -3X
Post 13 IP   flag post
Im not gonna argue about gh release or anything, but when you squat you have to stabilize the weight with the rest of the body from head to toe therefore helping with overall development, traps and back which develop to a greater degree. traps and back have a great carry over to chest movements.
Post 14 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Isometric contractions are not going to make a marked difference in hypertrophy. "Carryover" isn't a valid argument- if it was, people wouldn't need to work their backs at all as long as they bench press. The lats and traps and engaged with substantial carryover there, but if you aren't rowing, you aren't growing. And your shoulders are going to be pissed. -3X
Post 15 IP   flag post
That could be a bit individualized don't you think? Just like saying you wont grow unless you have heavy ass maxes. So what your saying kind of sounds like your tricep size wouldnt carry over to your biceps size? or your hamstrings arent gonna carry over to the calves or quads?
Post 16 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
That's absolutely what I'm saying. Isometrics do not provide enough progressive resistance for growth. And adding time to isometrics only increases muscular endurance, not size. If all you do is curls and do not have any elbow extension movements, you'll have great biceps and no tris. Ditto any other muscle group. How do you think people end up with shoulder and knee joint problems? Too much anyerior work and not enough posterior. Your shoulder extensors can't handle the load, you develop postural deficits, and then rotator cuff problems. Ditto the ACL from tons of quad dominant movements and not enough ham work. I see it every day all day long in the clinics I work at. -3X
Post 17 IP   flag post
hmm, well I can def see where your coming from, I had that issue with shoulder imbalances, but I think genes will always be a huge factor. for example, I never did much pressing or tricep work and mine where always ahead of my back/ bis. even though i went ham. Most people who say they cant squat bc their knees hurt are just doing it wrong not bc of imbalances, esp at his level of development. js
Post 18 IP   flag post
swollenscott private msg quote post Address this user
Firstly figure out the knees. Get them seen to - is it a functional issue or is a structural problem. Secondly your leg workouts suck ATM. You do leg press and step ups but can you do:
Lunges, deadlift variations, Bulgarian split squat, ham curls, squats above parallel??
If so without pain do them.
Post 19 IP   flag post
kickinchicken private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think people realize that knees and lower back pain are the biggest orthopedic compaint there is and most of the time it stems from simple changes. Such as standing with your feet paralell, not facing your toes out like a fucking duck with you stand. That alone will reduce the stress on knees and ankles. Yet, its something that 90% of people do and don't know it. Especially kids who have not been taugh proper posture.

@OP just because one knee doesn't "click" doesn't mean that its not technique. Be more open minded. Try alternatives to strengthen the knee safely before squatting or something. Ooooooorrr... as your doctor/PT!!!
Post 20 IP   flag post
kickinchicken private msg quote post Address this user
And do you even do mobility work? That alone could be a factor.
Post 21 IP   flag post
pandasashi private msg quote post Address this user
ur overthinking the shit out of everything. you haven't been lifting long enough to develop any significant imbalances. stop trying to find all these little 'injuries' you think you have and why you have them and just lift. that's a terrible routine, look up 5X5 and follow that
Post 22 IP   flag post
340614 22 22
destitute