Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
IllnessSplit Advice

Sick, should I still be working out?15518

mroyal1999 private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys, I've been in the gym for roughly 2 months now and I'm afraid that due to my sickness, I will "lose my gains" and the 2 months of hard work would be in vain.

I have cough, flu and my chest hurts. Breathing is kind of difficult. I don't want to go to the gym so as to not infect any one there. I also can't do a lot of cardio (breathing hurts). What can I do? I've been out of the gym for 2 weeks already! (1st week was because I was extremely busy with school stuff, 2nd week because of the illness). Will I "lose my gains"? I'd appreciate any advise on this! Should I stop working out, and wait till I completely recover? Or should I still continue to lift weights? I really don't want to go back to the gym after I've recovered and do less than what I usually can.

Sorry if this is posted at the wrong place!
Post 1 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
I took a few days off and just chilled. Eat enough food and drink drink drink fluids. Youll know when you are ready to be back in the gym. A few days off wont hurt you. A few weeks off wont hurt you. Getting inot the months... well.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
No, you won't lose your gains, unless youdon't rest and don't eat enough. To be completely honest, two months is nothing. Imagine lifting for 10 years around everything you have to do in life. The weight you lift will fluctuate, so don't worry about it. Just worry about getting back in there after you've recovered.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Frostshock private msg quote post Address this user
Unless you're eating little to nothing creating an extremely catabolic environment and getting no sleep at all- you shouldn't lose your gains

Personally I do workout when I'm sick because it makes me feel better on set one while giving 0 fucks around everyone around me that isn't sick - but I'm rude.😏
Post 4 IP   flag post
mroyal1999 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the advice, guys
Post 5 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
You haven't made enough gains in only two months to worry about losing them. Get rested and well and don't sneeze on the DB rack. -3X
Post 6 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
You haven't made enough gains in only two months to worry about losing them. Get rested and well and don't sneeze on the DB rack. -3X
Post 7 IP   flag post
340630 7 7
destitute