Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BulkingCrossFitNatural BodybuildingSplit AdviceTraining Programs

Combining CrossFit and Bodybuilding.15491

TheStrongest private msg quote post Address this user
The following is a template for getting the best out of both bodybuilding hypertrophy and the all round athleticism of crossfit.

A typical split can look like the following:

Day 1- Squat and Sprints
Day 2- Press
Day 3- Deadlifts
Day 4- Squat and Sprints
Day 5- Press
Day 6- Off
Day 7-Off

This is just an example to show workout frequency, you can easily change his to suit your needs.

A typical day is as follows:

Squat Day:

(Sets x Reps)
5x8 Back Squats

3x10 Front Squats

EMOM-6 min
6 Squat Cleans

Super set:
Barbell row 3x10
Lat Pulldown/weighted Pullup 3x10

Chinups 2x10

DB shrugs(forward circular motion) 3xFailure

Finish up with a rowing ladder(500m, 400m, 300m, 200m, 100m) and ab work of your choice

Press Day:

Start off with Clean and Press/Jerk 5x10 (full squat every rep)

Shoulder press of some sort 3x10

Bench press 3x10 (Doesn't matter what kind, DB, Incline, Flat.. Just make it heavy)

Superset:
Heavy bent arm pullovers 1x20
Heavy dips(machine or weighted) 1x20

Leg curls 3x20

Hyperextensions 2x10 (barbell on back, never have the weight infront of you in any circumstances)

Finish up with rowing ladder and abs

Deadlift Day:

I like to hit 2 heavy sets of 10 but you can alter this.. Just make sure you keep the reps in the 5-15 range to maximize hypertrophy.

Cleans 3x10 with full squat

Curls of choice 4x10

If you feel like any muscle is lagging behind, do a couple sets for that groups with a preferably compound exercise.

Finish up this day with a really difficult WOD, the heavier and shorter, the better.

This is what I'm doing at the moment, with most sets I'm taking my 6 rep max and taking my time in sets to get 10 in. Working really well.

The twice a week sprinting can be done on squat days before your squats or can be shifted around but not after squat days!

For sprints I ladder works well:

400m, 300m, 200m, 100m

You'll get better results when the ladder decreases, give every sprint every thing you have!

An alternative:

10 x 40m sprints with 10s rest

This is the program, strength and bulking sets and reps combined with heavy compound movements for maximum athletic and aestheic gains.

Feel free to add anything in such as snatches(I've never known how to do) or whatever works for you. This is just more of a template for you to work around

As far as diet goes, I recommend 6000 calories from whole foods with the occasional cheat meal. A lot of protein and fat, no carbs before bed.

Hope this helps, give me some feedback!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Perfidy private msg quote post Address this user
You didn't put much thought into this did you..
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfidy
You didn't put much thought into this did you..

Go as heavy as possible for every set and you'll see the gains.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Kansas___Boyyyyy private msg quote post Address this user
Go kip yourself m8
Post 4 IP   flag post
Okes don't have to use it.. I'm seeing gains into my second week so I'm sharing it..
Post 5 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStrongest
Okes don't have to use it.. I'm seeing gains into my second week so I'm sharing it..

You made gains for an entire week? Teach me your ways.
Post 6 IP   flag post
But serious question, what exactly qualifies as crossfit? I thought it was technically a race or something.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Nevermind read the wiki, it's a company that promotes tons of random stuff. Gotcha.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans
But serious question, what exactly qualifies as crossfit? I thought it was technically a race or something.

CrossFit is a training method that is supposed to adress all aspects of fitness- strength, power, endurance and efficency.

All I've done is taken certain aspects of CrossFit and used them to create a more well rounded anabolic environment= quality gains. And Kansas gayboy and his mate can critisize all they want.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans

CrossFit is a training method that is supposed to adress all aspects of fitness- strength, power, endurance and efficency.

All I've done is taken certain aspects of CrossFit and used them to create a more well rounded anabolic environment= quality gains. And Kansas gayboy and his mate can critisize all they want.

So did you have to pay them money so that you're certified to do Olympic lifts you can learn by watching online videos, or was it free?
Post 10 IP   flag post
ErickFromOmaha private msg quote post Address this user
Hes a gayboy....but you crossfit...
Post 11 IP   flag post
Lol...you're recommending everyone go on a 6000calorie diet and you allow cheat meals. I'm 6'6" 280 and I eat 4700 to bulk. Just shut the fuck up you hippie cross fit bitch. Tell me what aspect of fitness every single athlete in cross fit wearing k tape to attempt to keep all their injuries in check so they can no rep some shit is? Don't beat up your girlfriend and her sister too hard tonight. You'll need them for your retarded WOD of 2 million kips in an hour tomorrow
Post 12 IP   flag post

This is a top figure head of cross fit surely you'll know who this godly legend is. Watch his amazing lift. He instructs others on all aspects of cross fit from programming to nutrition
Post 13 IP   flag post
No oes saying that Crossfit is a godsend, no ones saying you must do crossfit.. Do what you want but don't get miffed at me for giving you a knock back
Post 14 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
Terrible programming and terrible nutrition advice.

I sincerely hope this is a hobbie for you and not a career.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev182
Terrible programming and terrible nutrition advice.

I sincerely hope this is a hobbie for you and not a career.

What would you change?
Post 16 IP   flag post
TimmothyGen private msg quote post Address this user
Did you read anything they just wrote?
The diet
Training
Post 17 IP   flag post
darklight79 private msg quote post Address this user
Crossshit. sucks ass. I rather ride a donkey naked through the desert with snapping turtles attached to my nipples than kip.
Post 18 IP   flag post
ErickFromOmaha private msg quote post Address this user
Lmao wtf hahaha @darklight79
Post 19 IP   flag post
TimmothyGen private msg quote post Address this user
Heard Steve cook is doing it with bodybuilding. Think he's trying to find something after his loss at the Olympia. Who knows what physique wants ha
Post 20 IP   flag post
Frostshock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Go as heavy as possible for every set and you'll see the gains.

You'll see gains if you do this for kiegels dude, not exactly groundbreaking advice...Quote:
Originally Posted by ErickFromOmaha
Hes a gayboy....but you crossfit...

Lmfao
Post 21 IP   flag post
cardinal private msg quote post Address this user
Not going to get myself involved in the usual crap slinging these threads attract but I will say this.

I train at a facility that is used by elite olympic lifters. There are people who train that have represented Team GB at the Olympics and England at the Commonwealth games. When doing snatches/ cleans/ jerks ect, these guys take huge rests between sets. I've spoken to them about how you train as an oly lifter and their answers are normally fascinating.

Oly lifting is by far the most complex activity you can do in the weight room. A lot of people on this forum do powerlifting programmes but lets be honest, we're just strong meat heads. Yes, there is technique in a squat/ deadlift/ bench but compared to oly lifting, it's nothing. You cannot throw over 100 kg behind your neck on strength alone. It's about speed, correct movement pattern, timing. There's so much to think about. That's what makes it so addictive for these guys. Pulling of a good lift is incredibly satisfying both physically and mentally. That's why they do clean, after clean, after clean. Seriously, in the two hours they train they do about 30 cleans, some mobility work before that and then usually finish with something like front squats.

Now, my point. If international level athletes only do a movement 30 times in 2 hours given the complexity in performing the lift correctly and avoiding injury, why the fuck would I try to do as many of those movements as possible in 30 minutes? Are you telling me I have the physical and mental capacity to do something elite level athletes strive to do in a 2 hour window in a 30 minute window? Would I not surely lose site of the purpose of these movements, which sure as hell aren't for hypertrophy reasons?
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinal
Not going to get myself involved in the usual crap slinging these threads attract but I will say this.

I train at a facility that is used by elite olympic lifters. There are people who train that have represented Team GB at the Olympics and England at the Commonwealth games. When doing snatches/ cleans/ jerks ect, these guys take huge rests between sets. I've spoken to them about how you train as an oly lifter and their answers are normally fascinating.

Oly lifting is by far the most complex activity you can do in the weight room. A lot of people on this forum do powerlifting programmes but lets be honest, we're just strong meat heads. Yes, there is technique in a squat/ deadlift/ bench but compared to oly lifting, it's nothing. You cannot throw over 100 kg behind your neck on strength alone. It's about speed, correct movement pattern, timing. There's so much to think about. That's what makes it so addictive for these guys. Pulling of a good lift is incredibly satisfying both physically and mentally. That's why they do clean, after clean, after clean. Seriously, in the two hours they train they do about 30 cleans, some mobility work before that and then usually finish with something like front squats.

Now, my point. If international level athletes only do a movement 30 times in 2 hours given the complexity in performing the lift correctly and avoiding injury, why the fuck would I try to do as many of those movements as possible in 30 minutes? Are you telling me I have the physical and mental capacity to do something elite level athletes strive to do in a 2 hour window in a 30 minute window? Would I not surely lose site of the purpose of these movements, which sure as hell aren't for hypertrophy reasons?

Interesting perspective!
Post 23 IP   flag post
cardinal private msg quote post Address this user
@Trev182 Oh, and by meat heads I meant in comparison to oly lifters in terms of the ammount of stuff they need to think about when regarding a lift. In comparison to cross fitters we're still rocket scientists.
Post 24 IP   flag post
I think the concept of Crossfit is a noble effort but the implementation of it is seriously flawed. There's only so much you can keep trying to speed through the reps of Oly movements in such a short time before form degrades and snap city is begging to happen.

And it's taking Malaysia by storm wtf. It's everywhere. Crossfit here is like the Ebola of the lifting world.

Do you know an idiot CF'er nearly dropped a barbell on my head when he was doing half assed OHP's right next to where I was benching just 2 days ago? Wtf..........
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Trev182 Oh, and by meat heads I meant in comparison to oly lifters in terms of the ammount of stuff they need to think about when regarding a lift. In comparison to cross fitters we're still rocket scientists.

I know man, just never thought about oly lifting in that manor before.
Post 26 IP   flag post

Every goes to hell from 1:26 when this coach teaches all to dip in "correct" form.
Post 27 IP   flag post
pandasashi private msg quote post Address this user
not a single row was done to counter the pressing. have fun with this shite bud
Post 28 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
Wtf. Those dips were fancy. Obviously not correct. But if those chicks with tiny arms could do 3 it must help them out.

There is nothing wrong with high intensity workouts/ small rest times.

As long as you can handle it.
Post 29 IP   flag post
tuco private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Simple, cause they do it with way less weight, they do max reps snatches with 100lbs or so when their maxes are 220lbs.

Don't get me wrong, i also think CF is shit, but what u're saying is like saying "why would i bench 4 sets (with just 1 minute rest) of 10 reps for a total of 40 reps when the strongest guys bench 1-3 reps and rest 5+ minutes, who am i superman???"
Post 30 IP   flag post
340621 38 30
destitute