Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Split Advice

The Iron gurus methods.15488

amar654 private msg quote post Address this user
So I have been looking into 8x8 training as proposed by Vince Gironda and it seems interesting even though the claims look a bit over the top (gain muscle and lose fat). What do you guys think of his workout? He basically says take 3-4 exercises per body part and hit them 8x8 with under 30 seconds rest in-between sets. Im looking to cut right now but a little more muscle will really be great along with it! Im not using his 6x a week split because I just dont have that kind of time, but im thinking of doing a 4x a week split. Right now here is the plan I hope to run:

Monday:
Chest/Triceps
Incline bench press 8x8
Flat bench 8x8
Flies 8x8
Close grip bench 8x8
Tricep extentions 8x8

Tuesday:
Legs
Squat 8x8
Leg press 8x8
Leg curls 8x8
Calf raises 8x8

Wednesday: Rest

Thursday:
Shoulders
Military press 8x8
Lat raise 8x8
Front raise 8x8
Rear delt raise 8x8

Friday:
Back/biceps
Pullups 8x8
T-bar row 8x8
Cable row 8x8
Hammer curls 8x8
Cable curls 8x8

Sat/sunday
rest
Post 1 IP   flag post
Frostshock private msg quote post Address this user
Well over 30+ sets each workout and 0 mention of required dietary needs tk support a claim of muscle gain with fat loss makes this seem pretty muscle magazine bro fad routine worthy.
👎
Post 2 IP   flag post
amar654 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostshock
Well over 30+ sets each workout and 0 mention of required dietary needs tk support a claim of muscle gain with fat loss makes this seem pretty muscle magazine bro fad routine worthy.
👎

That is why I am hesitant to run this. I saw these methods from a bunch of sites and it was Vinces go to workout for intermediate athletes. I planed on following a 35/35/30 macro breakdown for this in a surplus of 500 Kcals. Only problem is I dont know if this workout has had any success by naturals.
Post 3 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
I wouldn't run that routine OR those macros. Smh. -3X
Post 4 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
Awful
Post 5 IP   flag post
Frostshock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
I wouldn't run that routine OR those macros. Smh. -3X

Any routine and diet can have some degree of success in naturals - Determining if it's actually optimal or if you would even enjoy it should be your main concern.
Post 6 IP   flag post
340762 6 6
destitute