Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Split Advice

Shoulder Muscle Contraction15444

musclesbrah24 private msg quote post Address this user
Been focusing a lot of maximal contraction. I just don't understand how to get a maximal contraction of the shoulders. Like the bicep is just a curl. I have been getting good results with isolations. So I have been doing front raises and lateral raises but they are good, but I can't get a good contraction like my other muscles.I just can't picture the lateral head and front head working/contracting like my other muscles.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
Where do you feel work being done apart from your shoulders during the movements? If you don't feel a good contraction, you might be compensating with other muscles. Are you using momentum with too much weight?
Post 2 IP   flag post
musclesbrah24 private msg quote post Address this user
When I am working a muscle group, I need to imagine it fully contracting and relaxing. I can do that with all muscles except the deltoids. Do you get what I mean tho? The deltoid contractions are completely different. It's like they are more static hold. I don't get what the point of doing shoulder press is. I feel like I should just static hold the dumbbells for a measured time
Post 3 IP   flag post
jja0016 private msg quote post Address this user
I find that standing shoulder press movements isolate the shoulders much more than seated.

I feel seated you get some chest in but with standing that's removed.

But as you were saying with Lateral raises and front raises I don't know. My shoulders always burn to hell when doing those movements. Are you doing high reps?
Post 4 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
"Feeling" the muscle contraction to get a burn or a pump has nothing to do with growth or strength. Is your goal to get bigger or stronger or to be able to feel yourself flexing? -3X
Post 5 IP   flag post
340738 5 5
destitute