Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CuttingLOLMisc.Newbie

U wot m8??????15440

_RudeCrew private msg quote post Address this user
Was just browsing another forum and this guy said that since he eventually wants to be a 190lb athletic male he has to eat the same amount of calories as a 190lb athletic male. He is currently 345lbs.

Thought you guys would like a good laugh.
Post 1 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
😳
Post 2 IP   flag post
oceanair private msg quote post Address this user
That's like me saying I want to be 100lbs. So I'll eat leaves and twigs.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
Strong bro science man!
Post 4 IP   flag post
mikew private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5 IP   flag post
Kansas___Boyyyyy private msg quote post Address this user
wasn't somebody on here just saying he advises clients if they want to be a certain weight he has them eat the macros of that weight?
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Kansas___Boyyyyy ya it was that Jordan guy, but he was just talking about protein. Plus he was talking about bulking too. Like if someone was 180 but wanted to be 200.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Kansas___Boyyyyy private msg quote post Address this user
Gotcha thanks for the recap m7+1
Post 8 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah I've hear that before, especially for protein. Do the same rules for losing weight generally apply to someone who is 345lb vs 200lb? Can they get away with a larger deficit, and do the calorie requirements not change linearly as the body fat percentage increases?
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Beans they would lose a chunk of weight but the would run into a huge wall.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
@_RudeCrew Good point.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Phil_Babitsky private msg quote post Address this user
The 190 lb athlete might actually have a higher caloric intake than the 345 lb guy in question, so chances are that the 345 lb person will actually put on weight....no way that would be burning as much energy as the 190 lb guy.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Babitsky
The 190 lb athlete might actually have a higher caloric intake than the 345 lb guy in question, so chances are that the 345 lb person will actually put on weight....no way that would be burning as much energy as the 190 lb guy.

Holy thread revival batman
Post 13 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah what in the christ is happening here
Post 14 IP   flag post
Too many cares given, that is what's happening.
Post 15 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

This is not only a gross generalization, it's also likely untrue. Metabolic rate is dependent on mass. For the 190 pounder to burn more calories than the 345-er, unless there's already some sort of metabolic down-regulation, if their height and age are the same, the larger guy would need to be completely sedentary and the smaller guy would need to be training hard- really hard- and often twice a day. -3X
Post 16 IP   flag post
eknight, hence why I said "might actually have", emphasis on the word "might"
Post 17 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Riiiiiiiiiight.

Quote:
no way that would be burning as much energy as the 190 lb guy.

Care to rectify this then? -3X
Post 18 IP   flag post
Should have been clearer, implied implicitly that the 190 lb athlete would obviously be very active.
Post 19 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
I get that, but that doesn't make his metabolism that much faster. There's an old myth that obese people have slow metabolisms, which, in and of itself, is not true. Larger people- whether that's muscle or fat- have a faster metabolic rate. I'm not sure that someone reading your comment would have an clear idea of that. While it's possible that a 345 pound person is sedentary to the point of being immobile, the person here is exercising and attempting to lose weight, so even if the 190 pound guy is an athlete, training at twice a day intensity, he isn't going to burn more calories. -3X
Post 20 IP   flag post
I agree, larger people do indeed have a much higher metabolic rate....Agreed, like I said, I think I should have been clearer.
Post 21 IP   flag post
340734 21 21
destitute