Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BulkingSplit AdviceTraining Programs

Higher volume Push/Pull/legs15390

Samwaite23 private msg quote post Address this user
Looking for input on how this looks, feels good so far, any input appreciated from anyone with expertise!

Push Pull Legs 💪

Push Workout A

Incline dumbbell press 4x6-12
Flat dumbbell press 3x6-12
Machine flies 3x10-12

Dumbbell shoulder press 3x 6-12
Dumbbell side raises 3x10-12
Shrugs 3x12-15

Overhead Tricep extension 3x10-12
Rope press downs 3x10-12

Pull Workout A

Pull ups 3 sets 6-10
Barbell bent over row 4x 6-12
Seated row 3x8-12
Lat pull down 3x8-12
Face pulls 2x 12

Easy bar bicep curls 3x10
Hammer curls 3x10

Leg workout A

Quad extensions 3x8-12
Squats 4x10
Leg press 3x10-12
Lying hamstring curls 3x10
Standing raises 5x20

Push day B

Dumbbell shoulder press 4x6-12
Seated lateral raises 3x10-12
Arnold press 2x10
Incline dumbbell press 3x12
Incline dumbbell flies 2x10

Skull crusher 3x10
Easy bar push down 2x10

Pull workout B

Pull ups 3x10
Dumbbell rows 3x10
Seated cable row 3x12
Underhand pull down 2x10
Rear delt flies 3x10

Incline dumbbell curls 3x12
Preacher curls 3x10

Legs workout B

Lying hamstring curls 4x10
Squats 3x10
Stiff legged deadlift 3x10
Leg press 2x12

Standing calve raise 3xfailure
Seated calve raise 3xfailure
Post 1 IP   flag post
lolssons private msg quote post Address this user
looks good to me.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Hamersmash private msg quote post Address this user
Sh1t.

This garbage has turned into the new 'Bro-Split'.

'So one day i'll do 3 sets of 'Overhead Tricep extensions' then i'll do 3 sets of 'Rope press downs''

Again(in the same week)...3 set of Skull Crushers then 3 sets of Easy Bar(Just EZ fella) push downs.

Why?!?! U are basically doing the same move twice on each night FFS!!?

It's total garbage, I take it you've saw some model looking g1mp and his masses of volume workouts and thought ' Yeah that suits me'.

Figure it out son. The internet is a good source, just look carefully motherbrother.

Less is more - For Natty Bros!
Post 3 IP   flag post
leanr0x private msg quote post Address this user
do it if you like it. enjoy your time in the gym
Post 4 IP   flag post
WinnersNeverQuit private msg quote post Address this user
@Samwaite23 Looks like you made it a little more complicated than needed, but tbh, add in a couple more sets of hamstring curls and it looks good.

@Hamersmash haha you'd shit yourself if you saw my current routine then, same if not more volume but condensed into 5 days.

Just because you have a belief in HIT does not mean everyone should follow your philosophy. I've ran programmes ranging from doggcrapp all the way to GVT, complete opposing ends of the spectrum, and guess what? They both deliver results. You just have to put in the work and eat enough. It really is that simple.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@winnersneverquit

How/why would you think it's overcomplicated? Interested as I am trying to get the most efficient routine down. You are right though, gains will be made if your diet is in check and you are consistent with progressive overload.
Post 6 IP   flag post
darklight79 private msg quote post Address this user
@Hamersmash HIT Nazi?
Post 7 IP   flag post
WinnersNeverQuit private msg quote post Address this user
@Samwaite23 I just don't see the point in having two different leg days, 2 different push days and two different pull days that's all. Pick one of each and stick with it. What you've currently written out will work as well as the way I said, it's just less exercises to keep tracking your progress will make tracking easier. Though, that Is just nit picking the routine.
Post 8 IP   flag post
darklight79 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnersNeverQuit
@Samwaite23 I just don't see the point in having two different leg days, 2 different push days and two different pull days that's all. Pick one of each and stick with it. What you've currently written out will work as well as the way I said, it's just less exercises to keep tracking your progress will make tracking easier. Though, that Is just nit picking the routine.

^^^
x2. The only modification I would suggest are varying the rep ranges; power/hypertrophy days?
Post 9 IP   flag post
&darklight79

Thanks for the input, I was going to do strength reps every 3rd week or so. Reason I thought I'd put together A,B workouts was to hit the muscles at different angles more often, is this just not necessary? while still progressing, just having a more shoulder dominant day once per week etc
Post 10 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
@Samwaite23 the most efficient routine is almost always going to be the simplest. It takes your nervous system at least 6 weeks to "get used to" a routine and actually recruit the greatest number of motor neurons. Having an A and B day is going to interrupt this. Using various angles, etc. is nice for variety, but certainly not necessary or any more beneficial than just rotating exercises every 6-8 weeks. -3X
Post 11 IP   flag post
@eknight appreciate the feedback, will take this on board and simplify this routine! Would you recommend my A workouts being good enough to cover all bases? I know its all consistency/diet etc I just want to get myself on a solid program to gain
Post 12 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
I would personally move shrugs to pull day and exchange leg extensions for a deadlift variation. -3X
Post 13 IP   flag post
Noted 👍
Post 14 IP   flag post
Updated...

Simplified and I'll see how it feels!

Push Pull Legs 💪

Push Workout

Incline dumbbell press 4x10
Dumbbell shoulder press 4x10
Dumbbell bench press 3x10
Dumbbell side raises 3x10-12
Machine fly 2x10

Overhead Tricep extension 3x10-12
Easy bar push downs 3x10

Pull Workout

Pull ups 3 sets 6-10
Barbell bent over row 4x10 70kg
Lat pull down 3x10
Machine rows 2x10
Face pulls 2x 12
Shrugs 3xfailure

Easy bar bicep curls 3x10 35kg
Hammer curls 3x10

Leg workout

Squats 4x10
Leg press 3x10-12
Lying hamstring curls 3x10
Lunges x2
Standing raises 5x20

Running this P/p/l/ rest P/p/l Rest and so on.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
I haven't read all of the above, but a few I have a few queries about the simplified version you've done....

Any reason there isn't a barbell bench press?
Any reason there isn't a deadlift/deadlift variation?
Any reason you have more pushing sets than pulling?
Post 16 IP   flag post
I prefer Dumbbells, every 3/4 weeks I might do barbell, just my pref.

Will look at adding a deadlift, usually stay away due to a lower back issue when doing them.

Chest/shoulders are weaker body parts for sure. Appreciate the picking tho, I will continue to tweak this routine.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwaite23
I prefer Dumbbells, every 3/4 weeks I might do barbell, just my pref.

Will look at adding a deadlift, usually stay away due to a lower back issue when doing them.

Chest/shoulders are weaker body parts for sure. Appreciate the picking tho, I will continue to tweak this routine.

1. Fairenough.
2. Lwoer back issues? Why not have a serious look at your form and tweek it to suit. No point hiding away from it. Sort it.
3. Hammering a muscle/muscles because They're weaker, therefore neglecting another body part is not a good idea.
Ideally you should have double the pull work to push. Chest/shoulder muscles are small in comparison to your back.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@trev182

Agree mate. Didn't think overall volume for push and pull where too different, you're suggesting I up the volume for pulling? I do this twice a week remember so I gathered less was more to an extent.
Post 19 IP   flag post
340762 19 19
destitute