Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CuttingFemale FitnessProgress UpdateTraining LogTraining Programs

Changing it up15388

Johanna private msg quote post Address this user
Hey you guys, I'm back around and ready to change things up. Long ago, a few of you told me I need some more structure to my lifting program, and i agree. Although I have made serious gains and some progress running my little bro splits and whatnot, I could do something else.

What do you think? I know some of you do push/pull days, upper/lower splits, full body etc... I just don't know what would be best and fun to do. My goal is to cut..I suppose. I'd like to incorporate more effective cardio into my life (something I'll actually stick to). My goal has always been hypertrophy, and now I'd like to see some more definition.

I'm currently 140lbs, 5'6". Up 5 lbs from when I first began lifting. I wouldn't mind dropping this a little.

Let me know what you think or don't think. I am up for making a log now that I am settled down with my new career. It would make me accountable, mostly with nutrition.

Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
mikew private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not sure how much you've changed since your pics but you are insanely jacked and lean.

I think you need To go next level - find a competition and prep for that or set a date a few months out where you hire a photographer to take some pics you can submit to a fitness site or magazine.

Maybe look into getting a coach or team to train with?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks, I have thought about it. Prepping for something would be about the only way I could get motivated for a cut. And, I actually believe I would do well. I am not extremely lean currently. I'll have to post new photos soon!
Post 3 IP   flag post
hollyhopeful5678 private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome back, glad to hear from you again!!!
Post 4 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
Good stuff.... keep up the good work... and don't forget strong is the new skinny.
Post 5 IP   flag post
GazzyK private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome back.

I'm going to lurk, won't have much to add but plenty to learn.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Jelet private msg quote post Address this user
You look great. Whatever your doing seems to be working! Maybe you can swap the exercise order around?
Post 7 IP   flag post
databas1c private msg quote post Address this user
I'd try and hit muscles twice a week with different exercises or rep ranges. My understanding is that this is optimal for natural body builders. There are lots of routines that do this: PHAT, PHD4, PHUL, etc.

Cardio always sucks. I can't ever stick to doing the same conditioning work. I switch between KB circuits, swimming, rowing, etc. I hate all of them too much to consistently do them.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Thanks guys! I will start a log soon. Cut/maintenance log. I'm not super interested in cutting weight, but I'd like to see if I can. Idk if I'll be able to keep it updated, but I'll try
Post 9 IP   flag post
340752 9 9
destitute