Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Bench PressChestMuscle ImbalanceNewbieProgress Pics

my chest is going wrong need advice15377

versus222 private msg quote post Address this user
i'm really disappointed by my chest development, after one year of workout, focusing on the pectoral i don't see any development. actually i think it's the whole body who is going wrong especially in the lower side of the pectoral, it looks Odd and not very nice my height 5'9 and my weight is 177 i workout like 4 times a week for a year now i focus on pectoral more than any other muscle i do bench, incline, decline, DB 100 weights bar, or 40 lbs DB
i'm 28

Post 1 IP   flag post
OlympusSculpted private msg quote post Address this user
That's weird OP because i'm really disappointed by my chest development, after one year of workout, focusing on the pectoral i don't see any development. actually i think it's the whole body who is going wrong especially in the lower side of the pectoral, it looks Odd and not very nice my height 5'9 and my weight is 177 i workout like 4 times a week for a year now i focus on pectoral more than any other muscle i do bench, incline, decline, DB 100 weights bar, or 40 lbs DB
i'm 28
Post 2 IP   flag post
DEXchidera private msg quote post Address this user
Lol. Olympus you fucking troll.
OP I don't think its a big deal, you have been lifting for only a year . it takes time
Post 3 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure what your chest looked like before, but it doesn't look underdeveloped to me.

Post your whole program. Since you're a beginner, and judging by your chest routine (looks like too much volume), people will be able to critique your workouts.

I'm going to be totally honest here. Your body fat is too high for you to see definition in the lower part of your chest, especially after working out for only a year. You can tell you've made some good gains in your first year, but it will just take more time to build some muscle.
Post 4 IP   flag post
versus222 private msg quote post Address this user
hey thank you guy, your answers were very helpful to me and i'm sure some progress are going to show in the future
but before, i want to post my diet and programs

first, yes during this year i ate whatever i wanted, lot of soda, tone of donuts, i was taking whey protein also.
now i try to have one cake in the morning with my coffee, at lunch i ate fruits and vegetable only ( olives, salad, panache, lot of berries, radish, broccoli, onion, grapes, kiwi, avocado, banana, melon) but at the dinner i ate a burger, or a burritos, or 3 tacos or something of the same size ) i don't drink soda, and i never drink alcohol anyway. i still taking whey protein a food-spoon per day, i take also amino acids, one pile every workout

my program:
i workout now more, 4 to 5 time a week one of them is only swimming in the pool no lifting or anything.
i try to do 2 day for chest, with 4 series of 10rep with 40lbs to 60Lbs with bunch and 40Lbs DB, i do the same in incline but i'm gonna increase the weight i reduce the rep to 8,
i do like
4 bench
4 incline
4 DB
4 cable fly and i go home ( is that ok ? i take like 1h to 1:30 on every workout )
when i don't do chest
i start with 15min cardio
then 2 exercise shoulder, 2 abs, 2 back. 2 biceps. 2 triceps.

i did look up lot of video of how to lift, but i think i still use my shoulder too much when lifting weight
Post 5 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
I'd recommend getting a program that hits all your body parts, legs included. You aren't doing nearly enough back. I wouldn't say there's anything wrong with your chest routine, but you'll have some problems putting on serious size if you're only working out chest. Make sure you're progressing every workout, not just doing the same weight/ number of reps over and over, or you won't grow.

As far as diet goes, what kind of food you eat doesn't matter quite as much as how many calories. Read the "Simply Shredded FAQ" thread at the top of the thread page, it lays it out nicely.
Post 6 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
@versus222 Your chest is never going to develop properly if you don't develop ALL the muscles around it. Stop putting so much emphasis on just chest. Like @Beans said, get on a program that hits all bodyparts regularly. Focus on big compound lifts: squat, deadlift, bench, and rows. There are plenty of proven programs to do. Yours sucks.

Do you even squat?
Post 7 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
@versus222. Its not underdevelop. Patience my friend patience.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Hamersmash private msg quote post Address this user
Hmmm no gains, doing shit loads of volume twice a week??

What could possibly be the answer?

Well, as everyone here is a genius, more volume is OBVIOUSLY the answer dude. Nevermind the fact that less, heavier and more controlled sh1t could be the real answer.

But sh1t this is a volume only forum so best of luck.

If all else fails more is ALWAYS better, says every Simply Shredded Forum 'God'.

I will point out however that the majority of dudes answering already have one thing spot on... get your back in gear!

But hey,

Who the fuk am I??
Post 9 IP   flag post
brian12 private msg quote post Address this user
@versus222 your routine is terrible. Go to the FAQ thread and choose a pre made routine. You need to train ur whole body with a balanced routine
Post 10 IP   flag post
darklight79 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by versus222
hey thank you guy, your answers were very helpful to me and i'm sure some progress are going to show in the future
but before, i want to post my diet and programs

first, yes during this year i ate whatever i wanted, lot of soda, tone of donuts, i was taking whey protein also.
now i try to have one cake in the morning with my coffee, at lunch i ate fruits and vegetable only ( olives, salad, panache, lot of berries, radish, broccoli, onion, grapes, kiwi, avocado, banana, melon) but at the dinner i ate a burger, or a burritos, or 3 tacos or something of the same size ) i don't drink soda, and i never drink alcohol anyway. i still taking whey protein a food-spoon per day, i take also amino acids, one pile every workout

my program:
i workout now more, 4 to 5 time a week one of them is only swimming in the pool no lifting or anything.
i try to do 2 day for chest, with 4 series of 10rep with 40lbs to 60Lbs with bunch and 40Lbs DB, i do the same in incline but i'm gonna increase the weight i reduce the rep to 8,
i do like
4 bench
4 incline
4 DB
4 cable fly and i go home ( is that ok ? i take like 1h to 1:30 on every workout )
when i don't do chest
i start with 15min cardio
then 2 exercise shoulder, 2 abs, 2 back. 2 biceps. 2 triceps.

i did look up lot of video of how to lift, but i think i still use my shoulder too much when lifting weight

This is not meant to insult you but I don't think you really know what you're doing in terms of diet and training. Kinda almost everything. And if you're in your beginner phase, you'll be seriously wasting your potential. Be balanced in your diet, don't fall into the extremes of "clean" and "dirty" eating as it can infuriate a lot of regs here. Lol. IIFYM/Flexible dieting ftw. Google.

Training. You are going to accumulate serious injuries from muscular imbalances if you continue with your bro science routine. And imo, a lot of injuries don't just happen from poor form but also from muscular imbalances due to a poor ratio between push and pull. Cookie cutter programs please. You're not experienced enough to design your own program.
Post 11 IP   flag post
ShreddedSumo private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Versus222 first of all nice one for starting out training and sticking at it...

It seems like you don't quite know what you are doing (no disrespect)... I would recommend going to a personal trainer and getting yourself a well designed programme and diet plan and maybe a few Personal training sessions just so that you can be shown things properly and have a better understanding on how to train smart... your chest looks fine for someone just starting out, as most of the guys here have said patience is key... you will only ever get better and obtain more knowledge, so stick at it and again I would highly recommend seeing a personal trainer just to guide you a bit better..

Good luck bro stick at it!!
Post 12 IP   flag post
_RudeCrew private msg quote post Address this user
@Hamersmash how is this a volume only forum? If you want to bitch so much, why not just fuck off?
Post 13 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
@hamersmash - I agree with @RudeCrew, I do 30 sets of biceps when I train them and even when I was natty I did that and still got up to 17.5" cold... volume isn't always a bad thing, u seem like a big wet pussy right now.. not the warm moist nice kind, but like a cat out in the rain.. smelly as fuck an annoying... shut up
Post 14 IP   flag post
bslo private msg quote post Address this user
@Hamersmash Lol this actually a forum dominated by mostly powerlifting/strength routines so you obviously have no idea wtf your talking about.
Post 15 IP   flag post
340737 15 15
destitute