Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Ask Me AnythingDiet AdviceSplit Advice

S.S(eknight) questions thread15373

leanr0x private msg quote post Address this user
i wanna jump into powerlifting, so i should stop training for bodybuilding and get into some PL training

would you still recommend your modified wsbb for increasing bench press?
http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/modified-westside-barbell-strength-workout.html
Post 476 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
I would actually recommend DeFranco's Westside for Skinny Bastards. That's a very solid routine. Have you found a meet you want to shoot for yet? -3X
Post 477 IP   flag post
@eknight i actually had a "hobby"-meet last friday. won it. a pro told me i should join a PL club because i have huge potential. but until i can join i need to train on my own
the next meet is next year september i think
Post 478 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Congrats! That's awesome. Yeah I'd personally run WS4SB until then. Good luck. -3X
Post 479 IP   flag post
@eknight thanks man!
Post 480 IP   flag post

Bucky private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky
are there any physical signs you can watch for in regards to liver values being outta wack without blood tests? or maybe things to watch for that would give you signs to get one?

Some of the general things to look for are jaundice (yellowing skin/eyes); abdominal pain/swelling; dark urine; bloody or black stool; fatigue; and nausea or vomiting. -3X

how many symptoms should I be looking for here to determine whether it's necessary to get a blood test on it? I've been noticing an overall more distention the past week but I also upped my food intake so it could be that. guess I'll probably just get bloods.
Post 481 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Yikes. If you get bloods, they'll likely show some sort of enzyme elevation, as I'm sure you know. How much deviation from the norm you're comfortable with is your call, but get with your physician and use good judgement.

Re. how many signs/symptoms I'm not 100% sure. I believe the nausea and vomiting are "early" signs, while the jaundice and presence of blood are later. Keep us updated. -3X
Post 482 IP   flag post
McQueef private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I would actually recommend DeFranco's Westside for Skinny Bastards.

@eknight - Which version do you prefer?
Post 483 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
I'd run DeFranco's. I think it's a more complete program. -3X
Post 484 IP   flag post
@eknight i guess he meant version 1,2 or 3
Post 485 IP   flag post
McQueef private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by leanr0x
@eknight i guess he meant version 1,2 or 3

This.

Do you prefer the original program, or his most recent version (3)?
Post 486 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Oops. V.3. -3X
Post 487 IP   flag post
Quote:
Yikes. If you get bloods, they'll likely show some sort of enzyme elevation, as I'm sure you know. How much deviation from the norm you're comfortable with is your call, but get with your physician and use good judgement.

Re. how many signs/symptoms I'm not 100% sure. I believe the nausea and vomiting are "early" signs, while the jaundice and presence of blood are later. Keep us updated. -3X

yea I'm sure there will be some sort of elevation there for sure, guess it's time to lay off the orals for a while.

the fatigue is definitely present and the distention, but nothing else from that list. have been having daily headaches though that won't stop, so I'm thinking possibly elevated BP also? I'll just play it safe and go see the doctor. thanks for answering the questions.
Post 488 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
No prob. Wish I had more info for you, but this one is outside of my wheelhouse, so all I can comment on is the general clinical side of it. -3X
Post 489 IP   flag post
@eknight no worries, thank you for insight regardless.

on another topic, I have began to look more toward increasing strength now instead of purely going for mass. I'm looking for a program that will generally let me progress weekly in my lifts, seeing as how well and quickly my recovery time is with AAS. basically I'm wanting to add weight to the bar in my core lifts weekly or bi-weekly. suggestions?
Post 490 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Each of these have different things that may attract you to them, but it would be hard to go wrong with either 531, WS4SB or Cube. IMO for pure strength and not worrying about conditioning, 531 is likely your best bet. If your joints hold up, you could skip the deloads periodically as well. -3X
Post 491 IP   flag post
I briefly looked at 5/3/1 but it seemed like it was saying add weight every three weeks, or was i reading that wrong? WS4SB looked very interesting, was looking at your modified version and liked it. cube method i will spend some time looking at, is there a good resource you recommend for this program?
I am keeping in mind joints and ligaments though, don't want to grow too quickly and tear them up.
Post 492 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
This site has a nice write up on Cube: http://www.jtsstrength.com/articles/2013/10/28/cube-kingpin-can-work/

For 531, even though you're only adding weight every three weeks on the basic set up, Joker sets and AMRAPs for your last set keep you where you can progress every workout. -3X
Post 493 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky
I briefly looked at 5/3/1 but it seemed like it was saying add weight every three weeks, or was i reading that wrong? WS4SB looked very interesting, was looking at your modified version and liked it. cube method i will spend some time looking at, is there a good resource you recommend for this program?
I am keeping in mind joints and ligaments though, don't want to grow too quickly and tear them up.

Dude ive had awesome gains off of the cube. Something like from a 460kg total to 530kg total over 2 cycles.
Post 494 IP   flag post
TimmothyGen private msg quote post Address this user
@eknight Do they randomly drug test you during a power lifting meet if you total too high? Maxx chewning in his new video did his PL meet and got randomly tested.
Post 495 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Depends on the red, but most drug free federations randomly test 10% of the winners and 10% of the non-winners. If you put up crazy numbers, I've found it to be "less random," lol. -3X
Post 496 IP   flag post
Quote:
This site has a nice write up on Cube: http://www.jtsstrength.com/articles/2013/10/28/cube-kingpin-can-work/

For 531, even though you're only adding weight every three weeks on the basic set up, Joker sets and AMRAPs for your last set keep you where you can progress every workout. -3X

ooh I like that one. I think I shall run that then. so at the end of each 3 week cycle, what percentage should I go up by? 5%?

@Trev182 I'm definitely liking the look of it. any chance you have a pretty spreadsheet of it? haha
Post 497 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
5 pounds on upper body lifts and 10 pounds on lower. -3X
Post 498 IP   flag post
@eknight with gear in the equation, do you think I can progress more than 5/10lb on a lift without the risk of damaging a tendon? not to sound greedy I mean, just realistically gear can help add on strength quite substantially.

ps. since your response will be this thread finisher, do you plan on making a new thread for this again? 👌
Post 499 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
I didn't actually make this thread to start with, lol, but if people have questions, maybe someone will start a part II.

Regarding your weight increases, yes you can certainly increase more than the prescribed amount, but just be careful of those shoulders and lower back. With the heavy squats, it's often lumbar spinal compression that causes issues before the hips and knees, and of course massive jumps in benching and OHP is more stress on the GH joint. Just make sure you're using common sense, I guess. I believe Wendler is pretty set on the 5/10 thing, but I may be mistaken there.

Side note, thanks for this thread SS. You guys are awesomeness!! -3X
Post 500 IP   flag post
340614 500 25
destitute