Post 1 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Depends on your goals and diet. Not enough info provided here. -3X
Post 2 IP   flag post
TheJayyBe private msg quote post Address this user
What I've said here:
http://forum.simplyshredded.com/topic/15372/page/1/how-much-time-to-have-a-body-like-this/#2
Post 3 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
No chance in hell. -3X
Post 4 IP   flag post
Man, you always answers with little answers? What do you suggest?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Remember I am using HIT. I doing all reps since failures.
Post 6 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
I'd start by not going to failure every set. That's not going to be beneficial. I'd start by reading the FAQ, and setting some short-term goals. I'd also make it a point to learn a correct approach to diet and training. -3X
Post 7 IP   flag post
Dem41 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
I'd start by not going to failure every set. That's not going to be beneficial. I'd start by reading the FAQ, and setting some short-term goals. I'd also make it a point to learn a correct approach to diet and training. -3X

^^^^
tons of good information in the FAQ, what your asking for is all in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJayyBe
Man, you always answers with little answers? What do you suggest?

yes he does not spoon feed people everything, i like it as it makes you think about what your wanting/thinking
Post 8 IP   flag post
About nutrition I was thing in do what I read in Heavy Duty Nutrition by Mike Mentzer, someone disagrees?
Post 9 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
How much basic understanding of nutrition do you have? I always recommend learning the basics and being able to create a nutrition program for yourself that allows flexibility rather than following someone else's diet approach. -3X
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dem41
yes he does not spoon feed people everything

Okay man, but I already have some concepts so I was asking in relation to it, not trying to find what to do, I read that the hit is better than other methods, especially those who have no ease in weight gain, so I already read about diets and workout on, there is no purpose about asking someone to does not believe just because are conservative and will recommend me Arnold, but of course I open to a good theoretical foundation against it, just wanted to confirm that the method was is good or not, preferably according to the theories of weight gain with high intensity.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
How much basic understanding of nutrition do you have? I always recommend learning the basics and being able to create a nutrition program for yourself that allows flexibility rather than following someone else's diet approach. -3X

Mike says in his book, that someone can gain 10 pounds of lean muscle by year, for the we need just 6000 extra calories in a year that means that we just need few fat (15%), carbohydrates (60%), and proteins(25%) above our BMR. I know it's not orthodox.
Post 12 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
The bulk of clinical evidence suggests that HIT training is not optimal for natural athletes. I'm far from conservative- but I base my approach on what is scientifically valid, not what is published in Flex magazine.

Following Mentzer's above advice (which is not incorrect) the bigger point I was getting at is how much you understand about macronutrients, BMR, nutrition in general, and tracking calories. The fact that you refer to yourself as someone who has trouble gaining weight leads me to believe that you have a bit to learn. Gaining weight isn't that difficult. Barring a metabolic disorder or a thyroid problem, gaining weight is little more than eating more than you burn. There's no magical diet from a pro that will differ from that.

It's also difficult to advise you without knowing anything about you such as age, gender, how long you've been training, and what your past training experiences have been. -3X
Post 13 IP   flag post
Sorry if I am boring with a too long conversation if my comprehension in English is a little bit weak because your last reply made me a little bit confuse, but if I understood you are asking me how much I know about macronutrients, BMR and nutrition. All that I know is that we have some needs of macronutrients daily and for muscular hypertrophy, we need a some quantify above it to muscular recovering and supply lost of energy. About tracking calories, I'm not sure that I know what you meant, my expectation is to do a diet around 10% more than my BMR balanced in what I read in his book: 60% carbohydrate, 25% protein and 15% fats.

"The fact that you refer to yourself as someone who has trouble gaining weight leads me to believe that you have a bit to learn. Gaining weight isn't that difficult. // gaining weight is little more than eating more than you burn. "
What/Where should I learn? FAQ? I will read it, only it?

"Gaining weight isn't that difficult."
I'm ectomorph.

"There's no magical diet from a pro that will differ from that."

Is right what he said about the max gaining is 10 pounds of lean muscle in a year? There is some other kind of view actually (Can it be more)? I live in a country with lackness and bad information, I'm asking it in international foruns because I expect to not losing my time and looking for the best information.
Post 14 IP   flag post
By the way, thanks for all the help.
Post 15 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
You're welcome.

10% above is a good starting point, but do you know how to figure out what your maintenance level BMR is?

There are no such things as ectomorphs, mesomorphs and endomorphs. Somatotyping is a myth. Eat more and you'll gain.

10 pounds in the first year of lean body mass is reasonable. Some people will gain a bit more, but as a conservative number that's a good goal. Remember, you may add a little body fat too.

The FAQ is a really good starting point for some basic info. Think of it as the boards for your house. You have to be able to construct the frame before you get too worried about what color to paint the walls. -3X
Post 16 IP   flag post
DEXchidera private msg quote post Address this user
Eknight how come you never reply my questions in multiple paragraphs? This is favoritism
Post 17 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
@DEXchidera I'm sorry. I didn't realize that I didn't. What questions do you have? -3X
Post 18 IP   flag post
I got a ton if questions. Let me inbox you so I don't detract from OP's thread.
Post 19 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Oh god please don't. Start a questions thread so everyone can benefit. -3X
Post 20 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEXchidera
Eknight how come you never reply my questions in multiple paragraphs? This is favoritism

You jealous dex?

Need some ek loving haha?
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Oh god please don't. Start a questions thread so everyone can benefit. -3X

Oh shit, already inboxed you, my bad. I Will do the thread thing
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev182
Quote:

You jealous dex?

Lol. I just got used to him giving short replies and here he is answering this newbie with multiple paragraphs. Just bummed out
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
don't. Start a questions thread so everyone can benefit. -3X
Maybe it's because I'm a little bit humble.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev182
Quote:

You jealous dex?

Lol. I just got used to him giving short replies and here he is answering this newbie with multiple paragraphs. Just bummed out

Question 1.

Do we have to breathe?

Answer - Yes.

Question 2.

Whats the best training programme for me?

Answer - What are you goals? What experience do you have? What equipment do you have to work with? Have you lifted before? Whats your current stats? Whats your current maxes? What do you want to train for? Do you have a goal in mind that you want to reach?

Different questions need different and more expansive answers. Hes not ignoring you or not giving you the same effort as he is others haha!

Just some perspective
Post 25 IP   flag post
340763 25 25
destitute