Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Training Programs

Was wondering about...15354

israelcommando private msg quote post Address this user
Hello guys! I'm about to start playing basketball in a pro team in Israel, i'm 6'9 250 lbs, but still have difficult against strong player in the post. what are the most primary muscles I have to focus on in order to become a beast in the low post? and there are any special exercises for that? thanks.
Post 1 IP   flag post
_RudeCrew private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure if anyone can help you with that here. You're probably better off finding a sports forum.
Post 2 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
@israelcommando Build up ur core stability and that's done somewhat in just getting stronger all round.
Your not gonna be easily pushed around if u can put 160kg on ur back and squat or if u can lift 200kg off the ground.

So I'd start with a strength program and go from there.

That's assuming ur were looking for a weightlifting related answer !!
Post 3 IP   flag post
sriram private msg quote post Address this user
It's all about that (b)ass.
Squats and deadlifts.
I'm a 6ft center @210lbs (rec league, mind you), and a strong ass makes that drop step way more dangerous.
Considering a large amount of the beastly NBA players also did a lot of football conditioning, you could just jump on a football lifting program.

Though when it comes down to it; you can't be stronger than everyone, so footwork is key. Shaq is a beast...but I'd prefer Kareem. SKYHOOK
Post 4 IP   flag post
Zyzzst private msg quote post Address this user
Basically i work work on squats. This and lunges will give you a great base because when you are in the post you are using your legs and hips to drive through players.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Zyzzst private msg quote post Address this user
@sriram @israelcommando like he said, the new big man of todays game is great footwork....the bigger stronger guys dont last in the league anymore
Post 6 IP   flag post
israelcommando private msg quote post Address this user
I got great athleticism and footwork, but still struggling to get a deep position against strong players... my RM 3 deadlift is about 230 kg. I work on core too, weighted planks and stuff like that... not really focusing on lunges - maybe that could help. any more suggestions? thanks.
Post 7 IP   flag post
sriram private msg quote post Address this user
unilateral leg movements (lunges, single-leg box jumps, piston squats) really help. A lot of the movements in the post is pushing off with one leg, so it transfers.

good luck though!
Post 8 IP   flag post
340762 8 8
destitute