Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CardioSplit Advice

Biking and lifting15250

SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
Yo everybody. It's been a while.

Long story short. Been doing phat for a short time now. Enjoying it when I can get all 5 days in one week.

Question is. I started biking a lot. Road bike. I bought it and I haven't driven since I got it. My legs are getting hammered every day as it is my means of transportation. I've been trying to eat a shit ton more to make up for this cardio. But on the muscle side of things.

How will this effect growth and strength in the gym? Currently doing my max effort leg day and I've lost strength since last week... A lot. Weight is going up. Yet I feel I am getting skinnier.

Thanks guys. Still lurking here.
Post 1 IP   flag post
cardinal private msg quote post Address this user
Regularly I use/ have used a road bike to commute. Longest commute was 1 hour + in total so basically over an hour of moderate intensity cardio. I changed nothing, I trained the same and enjoyed eating a lot more.
Post 2 IP   flag post
darklight79 private msg quote post Address this user
You just need to eat more. =) Like cardinal said, it's always a good excuse to eat extra cals.
Post 3 IP   flag post
MMB private msg quote post Address this user
You'll proly get more endurance if you're taveling decent distance errrday or so.
Post 4 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
Dont worry to much man. It kinda like walking, It doesnt mean when you train legs you should not walk. Biking going to work is different from actually using the bike intensely to workout.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Sounds good guys. Thanks a ton. I'm struggling to eat enough these days while keeping my fat intake under control. I could just eat donuts all day and get cals in but that's not what I'd like to be using to get my calories in.
Post 6 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
Ravioli and Tortellini packs a punch man. I've been eating tons of that shit lately. Throw some meat sauce on it and BAM! Calorie and Macro heaven.
Post 7 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabemuscular
Ravioli and Tortellini packs a punch man. I've been eating tons of that shit lately. Throw some meat sauce on it and BAM! Calorie and Macro heaven.

I've been doing this as well. Add a chicken breast and white sauce to some tortellini. BOOM Profit.

I actually did ground beef with white sauce and Tort for lunch today. Goodness gracious.
Post 8 IP   flag post
What kind of sauce are you guys using? Packaged dry stuff or stuff from a bottle/can.
Post 9 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Whatever is on sale!
Post 10 IP   flag post
@NorIda that's what's up!!

I work at a grocery store. Ima pick some up tomorrow.
Post 11 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
@SOLARSUPLEX I like to make my own sauce, but don't always have time. Below is what I use the most for store bought stuff.

Brown up some lean ground beef, drain it, then throw the red sauce on it, bring it up so simmer, and you have a nice quick protein packed meat sauce. The light Alfredo is good on tortellini with a bit of extra parmesan cheese and chicken breast.

Post 12 IP   flag post
340614 12 12
destitute