Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Split Advice

Advice Appreciated (Routine)15248

BarbellBOB private msg quote post Address this user
Hello shredded fellows.
Im having trouble programming my routine, i do not have enough knowledge to actually program my own routine, i come to seek help.
Currently Bulking Weighing 183lbs at a height of 185cm (not sure in feet)
lifts stand at:
Squat: 176 Lbs 6 reps
Bench: 220 lbs 4-5 reps
military press: 132 lbs 6 reps
Deadlift: 176 lbs 6 reps
these are the latest checks ive made, might be able to squat and dead a bit more.
Looking to gain some serious size.
I consider my lifts begginer weights... so i was actually debating between entering a Push pull legs routine (4-5xweek) or running a bit of Starting Strength to get some more weight on that bar.. My only concern is the following: Will i be able to progress on both my lifts and size with a ppl routine? And Will Starting Strength not just be a waste of time, i have run it before, about 7 months back and wasnt all too happy about how i looked..
advice appreciated so very greatley
Post 1 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
Squat, bench, dead. Do some accessory lifts to compliment your main lifts. Progress each week. Deload as needed. Get strong as fuck and eat tons of protein and sleep like a baby. That's the secret to life.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
Push Pull Legs is a great routine for size and strength, I highly recommend it. If you want to gain muscle, get your diet in check as well.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@Beans If my lifts arnt that heavy i could still get results from ppl? have you done it?
i eat well diets not the prob.
Any good ppl routine you could drop here?
Post 4 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbellBOB
@Beans If my lifts arnt that heavy i could still get results from ppl? have you done it?

90% of the time when people say their diet isn't the problem..... It's THE problem!

Break down your macros for us. How large of a caloric surplus are you in? Etc.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorIda
Quote:

90% of the time when people say their diet isn't the problem..... It's THE problem!

Break down your macros for us. How large of a caloric surplus are you in? Etc.

2900 Cal, 300 Surplus+another 150-200 cals burned in the gym.
181 grams of protein, 170 out of them are whole proteins.
300 grams of carbs
And 100-110 grams of fat.

Or i could 3460 Cals (according to muscleandstrength bmr calculator)
20% fat (76)
30% pro (260) out of them 170 whole.
50% carbs (435)
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:

Yeah, you have to start somewhere, what weights you're using doesn't affect the program you run. Just make sure you progress by weight or reps and keep up with the diet/rest.

http://oldschooltrainer.com/3-day-push-pull-legs/ Something like this works fine. When I run it I add some arm isolation work and extra rows and hamstring curls, just do whatever works for you, as long as you follow the basic setup.

I personally prefer eating lots of carbs and fats, so I would go for the first macro breakdown. Just test it out and see what works. If you aren't gaining or progressing, add a few more cals and see what happens.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans
Quote:

Yeah, you have to start somewhere, what weights you're using doesn't affect the program you run. Just make sure you progress by weight or reps and keep up with the diet/rest.

http://oldschooltrainer.com/3-day-push-pull-legs/ Something like this works fine. When I run it I add some arm isolation work and extra rows and hamstring curls, just do whatever works for you, as long as you follow the basic setup.

I personally prefer eating lots of carbs and fats, so I would go for the first macro breakdown. Just test it out and see what works. If you aren't gaining or progressing, add a few more cals and see what happens.

actually looks like a nice program, big debate if to go ss or do this, my squat and dl are horrible
Post 8 IP   flag post
Frostshock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
2900 Cal, 300 Surplus another 150-200 cals burned in the gym.
181 grams of protein, 170 out of them are whole proteins.
300 grams of carbs
And 100-110 grams of fat.

Or i could 3460 Cals (according to muscleandstrength bmr calculator)
20% fat (76)
30% pro (260) out of them 170 whole.
50% carbs (435)

What in the world is "whole protein"? Is the other portion only half protein or something??
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Frostshock Maybe complete protein? Not something to worry about if you eat a reasonably well rounded diet. I actually don't even think the AND says it's necessary anymore.

@BarbellBOB You should increase on everything regardless of which program you choose. I'd just pick whichever one you like the looks of more and stick with it.
Post 10 IP   flag post
hollyhopeful5678 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRorhrbac0808
Squat, bench, dead. Do some accessory lifts to compliment your main lifts.

Is everything besides squat, bench, dead considered "accessory" lifts? (srs./newbie)
Post 11 IP   flag post
@hollyhopeful5678 In this case, yes. Since the point of starting strength and ppl is to increase those lifts, any other lift done to help improve those is an "accessory" lift. That's my take anyways.
Post 12 IP   flag post
340733 12 12
destitute