Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Push Pull LegsSplit Advice

I remade my P/P/L routine, I a need review.15224

r1ch37 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone I just wanted a quick check up on P/P/l since I started 4 momths ago. I would love to know if this is balanced enough I made a few adjustments since last time and I just wanted know if I'm not missing anything or overdoing it.
Thank you very much for your time and effort.

Originally Posted by r1ch37
Day 1 - Monday - Push
Bench Press 3x8
incline bench press
Dips 3x8
Military Press 3x8
Side Laterals 3x12
Face pull 2x12
Cable Tricep Extension 2x12
Skullcrusher 2x12
Farmers walk 2x60 sex
(ABS)Planks 2-3 x (30-60 secs)

Day 2 - Wednesday - Legs
Squat 3x8
Hack squat 3x8
Leg press 2x 12
Glute ham raise 2x12
Romainian deadlift 3x8
Lying leg curl 2x12
standing calf raise 3x12
Calf Raise 3x12

(ABS) Ab rollout 3x10 *Optional

Day 3 - Friday - Pull
Deadlift 3x8
Barbell Row 3x8
Pull Up 3x8
lat pulldown 2x12
T bar row 3x12
Dumbbell Curl 2x12
21 2x12
Post 1 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
Move the "Face Pulls" to Pull day.
I think move the Farmers walks to Pull day as well, cause they stress the traps and grip more like other Pull moves do.

And you started this 4 months ago and are just now asking for comments on it? How's it been working for you thus far?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabemuscular
Move the "Face Pulls" to Pull day.
I think move the Farmers walks to Pull day as well, cause they stress the traps and grip more like other Pull moves do.

And you started this 4 months ago and are just now asking for comments on it? How's it been working for you thus far?

It's been working quite well, ever since I added some extra excercises it got even better. thing is I find that my forearm was lacking so that why I added the farmers walk.

Only thing that bothers me is hte fact that I used to do a lot of strength routine so weight progress was a must, thing is beforehand I didn't train for quite a while and I lost some strength and I didn't know where to begin cause I forgot to write it down.
Do ou have any suggestions or link where they might help me with where to start or maybe an Excel/google doc template where I can write down my training and weight progress?
Post 3 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
You can create your own basic excel spreadsheet and track your lifts. It doesn't have to be anything fancy or do any calculations or anything. It's just a journal for you to look back on after months or years. Just set up rows and columns for each day/date with the exercise, weight, reps, etc.

Or search the web, there are endless spreadsheets available for various programs. Most can be adjusted for your own needs if you know anything about using excel.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Hamer93 private msg quote post Address this user
Like said , move face pulls to pull. Also I'd loose the 21's and just go for something like preacher curl or hammer curl. Maybe throw in some shrugs for pull day.

You could get away with another set or two for quads as you've got equal amount of quad/ham work on leg day but your also hitting hamstrings and glutes on your deadlifts.

Also how do you find dead lifting the day after legs?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamer93
Like said , move face pulls to pull. Also I'd loose the 21's and just go for something like preacher curl or hammer curl. Maybe throw in some shrugs for pull day.

You could get away with another set or two for quads as you've got equal amount of quad/ham work on leg day but your also hitting hamstrings and glutes on your deadlifts.

Also how do you find dead lifting the day after legs?

I will move face pull to pull day, and I think preacher curl is also better than 21's cause I barely have any energy left if I start with that.

I don't think it's a smart idea to put more quads since my quads are theb iggest part of my leg and I didn't get enough hamstring training in the past. the same with shrugs my traps are huge already I think it already looks a bit too big, so I do not want isolate them.

I switched leg day to the third day since I think that's way better Deadlifting after lef day is not a smart idea.
Post 6 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Have you considered doing a different version of 21s?

-3X
Post 7 IP   flag post
haole private msg quote post Address this user
For progress you obviously have to track your routine but what I do is increase the weight when I can easily get more than my target reps on my last set. You have to be careful with this because once you increase the weight on one lift it will make all the following lifts harder. I would recommend increasing the weight on only one lift at a time unless you are starting with low weights.
Post 8 IP   flag post
340768 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?
destitute