Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
haole private msg quote post Address this user
I have an opportunity to work out twice on some day. I did a quick google search and found out some theories on it but if anyone else has experience with working out twice a day I'd like to hear it.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
Do you mean weight training twice a day? Conditioning, hypertrophy, strength?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Perfidy private msg quote post Address this user
If you control the volume and intensity accordingly, it should work fine. Not saying it's optimal, but it would work.
Post 3 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
@haole Dont do it no point when natural it wont get u the physique u want !!
Remember.. u grow when u rest.
Post 4 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
Recovery = gains?
Post 5 IP   flag post
kickinchicken private msg quote post Address this user
What's yr program/split look like? I did it on PHAT pretty regularly for a while and saw good results. I did pay very close attention to my body when it was telling me it needed additional ready though.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Danimal_88 private msg quote post Address this user
@haole if you truly want to optimize your progression then 2 a days is a great idea HOWEVER the only way actually make it more beneficial is to have your Programming, Nutrition, and Sleep/Recovery perfect. There is no cookie cutter program on-line that would really be adequate. The only people who utilize 2 a day training to a point where it is truly more beneficial than 1 a day training are highly advanced, sport-specific athletes (traditional professional sports, Olympic weightlifting, and international level powerlifting) who are normally being personally trained by very knowledgeable coaches (the guys over Average Broz Gymnasium are a good example)
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Beans @kickinchicken

I've been doing EK's PPL routine (3 to 5 days a week) but I might start adding one day of cardio to boost my endurance for hockey. I've also been bulking for the last three weeks but now that hockey started back up I might have to go back to just maintaining.

I might just stick to my current routine and do cardio on my second workouts (which will only be once or twice a week). But lifting is always way more appealing to me than cardio so if I do lift twice in one day I want to make sure I'm doing it right.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Danimal_88

Yeah my main concern was over training and wearing myself out. I currently do my PPL routine as much as my schedule allows which is between 3-5 days a week. I think I'm going to work the 2 a days in and adjust my intensity and volume based on how hard I have been and will be working out that week.

I remember doing two and three a days for soccer in college and then some days weights and practice on the same days. Looking back at that I realize how stupid my coach was and how bad my strength and conditioning coach was for not teaching us proper nutrition. When you workout that much you definitely have to have your nutrition and recovery dialed in.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@haole Yeah I'd guess the most beneficial way to do 2 a days is for sports specific training, like @Danimal_88 said. I used to do them for sports in high school, definitely nothing wrong with it as long as you have diet and rest in check. And with push pull legs, it's not like you're doing a full blown bro split workout every day, so you can definitely work second work outs in with that frequency.
Post 10 IP   flag post
TimmothyGen private msg quote post Address this user
Kai Green does it
Post 11 IP   flag post
Kai Green plays hockey?
Post 12 IP   flag post
TimmothyGen private msg quote post Address this user
No he said he trained twice a day in a Day in the life of Kai. MB
Post 13 IP   flag post
kickinchicken private msg quote post Address this user
Steroids and play a role in his recovery though. You can't train based off of what Kai does. Not in that aspect atleast.
Post 14 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Kai fucked a grapefruit too, but I wouldn't advise that for anyone else either. -3X
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Kai fucked a grapefruit too, but I wouldn't advise that for anyone else either. -3X

Don't knock it until you try it.
Post 16 IP   flag post
cardinal private msg quote post Address this user
I remember a guy at a gym I trained at a few years ago who was huge had some weird split going where he would train 4 days in a row, 2 x a day then take 4 whole days off.

Never understood it from a functional point of view. Do you guys rate he was natty? I've always wondered..
Post 17 IP   flag post
Tamere02 private msg quote post Address this user
@cardinal
Could be natty tbh no way of knowing.

Maybe that was his work schedule And he wanted to maximize the days he could workout?
Post 18 IP   flag post
cardinal private msg quote post Address this user
@Tamere02 He was huuuuuuge but I'm not one to scream fake natty just because someones massive, it diminishes their personal effort. I once spoke to him about it and considering he was an English lit student I don't think his schedule was too demanding. One week he said it fitted in with his schedule well as he was going away for the weekend to a country retreat with his girlfriend..
Post 19 IP   flag post
Tamere02 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinal
@Tamere02 He was huuuuuuge but I'm not one to scream fake natty just because someones massive, it diminishes their personal effort. I once spoke to him about it and considering he was an English lit student I don't think his schedule was too demanding. One week he said it fitted in with his schedule well as he was going away for the weekend to a country retreat with his girlfriend..

Sounds like an idiot with an in efficient program and if he was huge at a some what young age would make the assumption he isn't natty.
Post 20 IP   flag post
IGS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinal
I remember a guy at a gym I trained at a few years ago who was huge had some weird split going where he would train 4 days in a row, 2 x a day then take 4 whole days off.

Never understood it from a functional point of view. Do you guys rate he was natty? I've always wondered..

Impossible from the information you've given us to know.
Anything can be a good way to train if you wanted to structure it properly, 4 days to lay your base, 2x a day to increase volume and over reach take days off and repeat.
Post 21 IP   flag post
I think it all boils down to volume. Assuming diet and rest is right.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Cannonball private msg quote post Address this user
I'm gonna do this in a few months, planning for it right now. First workout: squat, bit of hamstring and ab work
second workout: push or pull
Post 23 IP   flag post
340740 23 23
destitute