Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Split Advice

When things go bad in a workout.15215

TimmothyGen private msg quote post Address this user
So lately i haven't been having the best push workouts. I like dread them because of my left shoulder. AND ITS only my LEFT shoulder that hurts. I retract my scapula and arch my back and dig into the bench. Not too much. I always find that my left shoulder gives out on the last or second to last set. So i go light on my side laterals and everything. My rear delt is ok doesn't hurt when i do the movements. Im using Db's btw for my chest. Anyone know why? it's been like this for 2 weeks. I find it difficult to progressive overload when my left shoulder is in pain.
Post 1 IP   flag post
_RudeCrew private msg quote post Address this user
Dial back in weight, do more upper back/rear delt work. My shoulder was bothering me for awhile but is fine now.
Post 2 IP   flag post
TimmothyGen private msg quote post Address this user
Ahh is that why? I mean i know my whole body is undeveloped but my shoulders are hella bad. Not having decent rear delt can lead to shoulder injury? Alright next push day is this tuesday so hopefully it will go well.
Post 3 IP   flag post
_RudeCrew private msg quote post Address this user
@TimmothyGen it's hard to tell over the internet but it could help.
Post 4 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
@tim- I just ran into a minor delt injury. Nothing serious. Just needs a day or two to recover..... I have ran into these problems before. Best advise is do not do ANYTHING. That irritates it. NOTHING. However, it is good to work around it so do what you can but no pressing or some pulls if they hurt (not sure). But if you keep trying to workout with your fucked up shoulder it will get worse and lead to srs medical problems. Don't look for gains yesterday. Look at the big picture years from now. Trust me. Learn from the mistakes of others.
Post 5 IP   flag post
darklight79 private msg quote post Address this user
@SRorhrbac0808 Yeah. Agree wholeheartedly. Sometimes even trying to train "smart" or train around the injury doesn't work. Just pure 100% rest for a few days does wonders.
Post 6 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklight79
@SRorhrbac0808 Yeah. Agree wholeheartedly. Sometimes even trying to train "smart" or train around the injury doesn't work. Just pure 100% rest for a few days does wonders.

Yes sir. I got two minor injuries in a week. Took that as a sign from the iron gods to let the betas catch up a little and let the alpha rest 😂😂😂
Post 7 IP   flag post
darklight79 private msg quote post Address this user
Lmao!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Hamer93 private msg quote post Address this user
Shoulders are a very delicate joint. Strengthen the rear delt and warm up thoroughly. Like said before, have a good rest of it and go lighter when you return.

One thing with dumbels is to make sure your even on the bench, I had a problem where I lent more to one side so more of right side(back and shoulder) was off the bench and there for had a greater deficit
Post 9 IP   flag post
340752 9 9
destitute