Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Split Advice

Training programme for uni15160

Hamer93 private msg quote post Address this user
Finally got my uni timetable, I am unable to train Wednesday and Thursday. So 5 days a week, but the idea of 5 straight days puts me off a bit as I've always done 3 on 2 on. So obvious choice would be 4 days but I love training..

Here are some ideas I've considered

4 day strength/power plan (wendler, Phul etc)

4 day upper lower

5 day PPL upper lower

5 day 2xupper 2xlower 1xbodybuilding weaknesses.

If anyone else has any ideas please add them and also give feedback on ideas I've drawn up.
Post 1 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Westside for skinny bastards and just do some conditioning work on day 3. -3X
Post 2 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
Dude ive never felt better when training for days a week.

I use to do training 6 days a week, boxing training then onto weights, done that for 5 years...

Ive been training 4 times a week for 8 weeks, and love it, feel a lot better health wise, less pain, feel refreshed and can hit the gym harder now than ever.

Don't get me wrong, rest days suck, and I love training but ive listened to my body.

You may be able to get away with it at your age but I wouldn't write off training 4 days a week.

You grow when you rest!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
@eknight what sort of work on the conditioning days? Would that become a 5th day?

And @trev182 yeah I am considering it, but like you said, at my age I probably could get away with training 5 days but then it raises the thought of maxing out gains at 4x per week then moving onto 5 in the future
Post 4 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
It already has 4 days- it's MEU/DEL/Off/DEU/MEL. -3X
Post 5 IP   flag post
Oh I must of read the wrong page the one I just looked at from DeFranco had MEU, Lower lift, Repetition upper.

So the one your taking about would have a conditioning day on the middle off day? Do you have a link?
Post 6 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
https://www.defrancostraining.com/articles/38-articles/65-westside-for-skinny-bastards-part3.html

-3X
Post 7 IP   flag post
340739 7 7
destitute