Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Split AdviceTeenTraining Programs

college student routine15153

sboettcher private msg quote post Address this user
hey guys,

i just started off college this month and it already is becoming quite difficult to manage in a work out every time i want to. i was curious if you guys could help me make maybe a 4 day split. i was currently thinking maybe something like:

monday: chest/tris
tuesday: off
wednesday: back/bis
thursday: off
friday: shoulders
Saturday: legs/abs
sunday: off

the only reason why i did friday and saturday together and sunday off is because i go to a christian university and their gym is closed on sundays. i am very open to change in my schedule. my stats are: 5'6 in height, 170 pounds, and i am not sure what my body fat % is currently but i am guess it is around 12-15%
Post 1 IP   flag post
tamere01 private msg quote post Address this user
Upper, lower Xerox w
Post 2 IP   flag post
TimmothyGen private msg quote post Address this user
ppl
Post 3 IP   flag post
darklight79 private msg quote post Address this user
What @tamere01 and @TimmothyGen are trying to say is train a bodypart more often and less volume compared to having one bp a day for a week. =)
Post 4 IP   flag post
@darklight79 @tamere01 so you're saying i should do one day dedicated to just upper body and then one day dedicated to just lower body and then repeat?
Post 5 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
My first thought was Upper/Lower as well. More bang for your buck when it comes to tight scheduling.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@sboettcher Yeah i would pick an upper lower too in your case. The less rigid the schedule is, the more flexible if you happen to miss a training day. Imo, having a college/uni life can wreck havoc on a schedule where you dedicate a specific day of week to a specific bodypart. It's better to label the schedule as Day 1, day 2 instead of Monday chest/tri day for example. That way you can just pick up where you left off.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@darklight79 @wannabemuscular ok thank you for the feedback. will this hinder any of my gains? like i know that it will effect it because its only 4 days a week, but i just am concerned with how much it will (college sucks, i wish i could just lift weights for a living)
Post 8 IP   flag post
As long as you're progressing in volume and/or poundages I don't see why not.
Post 9 IP   flag post
tamere01 private msg quote post Address this user
@sboettcher
Sorry was on my phone earlier and half asleep.

@darklight79 has you covered on most things just want to add that on the Upper days to not spend too long in the gym and choose smart excercises which work the upper body as a unit (Compound movements) with a few isolation movements to supplement those.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
No reason only 4 days a week should hinder your gains. You'll grow outside the gym, not in it. Like everyone said, be smart with the exercises you pick. Compound movements are your friend, as well as progressive overload.

If you want to lift weights for a living, do it.
Post 11 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
@sboettcher Upper/Lower at 4 days per week is fine. Just remember, SCHOOL is your focus. The working out is extra stuff that you will fit in around your primary responsibilities. Pursue your education and develop your career. You have the rest of your life to lift weights.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@wannabemuscular Well said! When I started my internship I was working 36 hour shifts and 12 hours rest because Malaysia had a shortage of doctors that time. Imagine one houseman for 2 Damn wards (40 beds) for on calls and normal work hours.

I didn't know how to adjust. Then I learnt about IF and Eat Stop Eat. Heck, one can progress even 1-2 days a week if done right though not optimal. As long as we do "something".
Post 13 IP   flag post
Hamer93 private msg quote post Address this user
Upper lower will probably improve your gains, muscle protein synthesis is elevated for up to 48 hours after the muscle is trained. If your training chest once a week your gunna have 3/4 days where the muscle is not doing anything where as hitting it twice in a week even if it just 2 exercises it's gunna have the stimulus and conditions to essentially repair and grow the whole week.
Post 14 IP   flag post
340734 14 14
destitute