Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
bslo private msg quote post Address this user
I think I actually legitamately overtrained my quads. I have a throbbing aching pain in both of them. Nothing like being sore. Last week I squatted two days Sumos deads two days, ran 4 miles on day and did sprints another. I tried doing sumos today and was limping during the workout. Other than not doing a week like that again anyone have any tips for recovery?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
Damn dude, that sounds insane. Are you an athlete, or just running for shits and giggles? Eat plenty, take some days off, that's about all I've got. If it's legit pain, ice always helped me when I had pain like when I was playing sports.
Post 2 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Overtraining is not something you can do to an individual body part. It's systemic, not acute. -3X
Post 3 IP   flag post
@eknight So what is it then? I dont even feel sore so it cant just be that.
@Beans I am running because I am in the military and I have to run. I dislike doing it but I am in charge of a group of guys who are not in very good shape and I am trying to change that.
Post 4 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Overtraining is a central nervous disorder that results from chronic (long-term) high intensity training sessions either with weights (think several months of training nearly exclusively at or near your 1RM without deloads) or extreme cardio. It manifests in symptoms such as depression, immune system dysfunction, strength loss, inability to sleep, and general malaise. You don't feel it in one muscle group after a few hard sessions. -3X
Post 5 IP   flag post
IrishGymSheep private msg quote post Address this user
Most of what people would call over training is just mental fatigue. Russians call it staleness and its a state of mind. You just pounded your quads too hard so they are sore.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@IrishGymSheep @eknight I get what your saying that it is not overtraining but I have been really sore before and this is not the same. I feel nothing but a dull ache all day (not doms) and then if i start to train it turns into a splitting throbbing pain.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
@bslo Gotcha. haha my brother had to go through 3 sessions of fit camp before he got to bootcamp when he was in the military, must be a fun job. Sounds like a low to mid grade strain to me, people get them a lot from sprinting or kicking motions.
Post 8 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
It's a lot of inflammation- maybe an injury, but it's not overtraining. -3X
Post 9 IP   flag post
@eknight ok thanks, the inflammation sounds more likely. I dont really feel injured and there was no actual point of injury like a pull or a sharp pain.
Post 10 IP   flag post
340617 10 10
destitute