Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
NewbieSplit Advice

Is my friend going the wrong way ?15134

Trivial3 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello guys, I started Ice Cream fitness program for beginners and I am satisfied and it has been great. I go with a good friend of mine (he is also a gym buddy now) but I think he is going into some deep ****. We are both beginners, I found this site the forum is really helpful.

I read all the Info in the nutrition section of FAQ here( I am more of a reader and listener than my friend) and figured everything out for dieting. I explained the stuff to him and let's say that the nutrition side of both of us is on track.

The thing is, when I got to the Training Section and chose a workout program I recommended him to do the same but he didn't listen. I chose ICF as suggested by the FAQ here and he chose to do something completely out of order in my opinion. He has a self-made split - chest/triceps back/traps biceps/shoulder legs/forearm and that's done on consecutive days and after those days are over he repeats ( no rest). His workout routine (from what I have seen) is four most popular exercises for the muscle group, isolations I believe.

For example, for chest he does flat bench, incline bench, pec flyes and hammer press. Basically he has for every muscle group about 4 exercises; I think he goes for 4-5 sets and a 8-12 range. So for every muscle group without back (where the exercises are about 8 and for traps and forearms about 2) he does 4 exercises for each grp. He does not push himself too hard, he recovers for each session pretty well and he is fresh and he keeps putting weight on everything which I believe is a good sign despite him training for roughly 3 weeks.

What I am worried about is that he won't get as good results as someone who starts with a proper program like me. He is very stubborn but despite that he is a very fine lad who has helped me in the past when I was about to go down a wrong path with something not connected to bodybuilding. I want to know if he will yield good results and won't be disappointed and won't be injured as he recovers adequately (72 hours) for the everyday sessions and repeating. What's your guys take on this and please if it is really bad tell me what to tell him as an argument. He is basically training every muscle 2x a week and has about 72 hours rest between hitting the same muscle again. Thanks and reps for everyone
Post 1 IP   flag post
bump
Post 2 IP   flag post
Jophe private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivial3
bump
Don't bump so quickly, have patience.

It's hard for experienced gymrats to make an own routine, let alone a newbie. He shouldn't make his own.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jophe
Quote:
bump
Don't bump so quickly, have patience.

It's hard for experienced gymrats to make an own routine, let alone a newbie. He shouldn't make his own.

Sorry about that but I really want to know if his training routine training each muscle group 2x a week is going to yield him good results, don't want him to be disappointed.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WinnersNeverQuit private msg quote post Address this user
Let him do what he wants, give him advice but It's his choice and if he enjoys it leave him too ir, none of your business
Post 5 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnersNeverQuit
Let him do what he wants, give him advice but It's his choice and if he enjoys it leave him too ir, none of your business

This. Worry about yourself. -3X
Post 6 IP   flag post
darklight79 private msg quote post Address this user
I wouldn't bother. Age is inversely proportional to the degree of reception to advice no matter how well intentioned.
Post 7 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
Is that Jeff nippards programs ?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by the1
Is that Jeff nippards programs ?

I don't know. Maybe not because my friend made it up on his own. Is he going to fuck up and not see any gains ?
Post 9 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Why do you care? Worry about your own training and focus on your own gains. -3X
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Why do you care? Worry about your own training and focus on your own gains. -3X

If this training method starting with no big lifts except bench press and training every muscle group 2x a week with isolation exercises is going to yield even better results than a standard beginners program like mine let it be, I will still continue ICF. But if he is going to be disappointed I will do what it takes to make him adopt something like ICF because as I said he helped me a while back to not go down a road which would have had a huge negative impact on my life ( it was not connected to training/bodybuilding)
Post 11 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Quote:
he helped me a while back to not go down a road which would have had a huge negative impact on my life ( it was not connected to training/bodybuilding)

And you think that helping him get big ole muscles is gonna square you?

Seriously- you only have so much time and energy in the day. Focus on yourself and when he sees your results, he'll come around. -3X
Post 12 IP   flag post
halilpower private msg quote post Address this user
let him do his own thing, its his choice
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
he helped me a while back to not go down a road which would have had a huge negative impact on my life ( it was not connected to training/bodybuilding)

And you think that helping him get big ole muscles is gonna square you?

Seriously- you only have so much time and energy in the day. Focus on yourself and when he sees your results, he'll come around. -3X

No, it's not about squaring, I am just being a friend. When I do good to other people I kind of get it back even not from them ( karma lol) So your saying that his is shit compared to mine ?
Post 14 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Nope not saying that at all. I'm saying mind your own business and focus on your own training.

Both of you will likely get results- maybe both will get good results. That doesn't mean both methods are as effective or "optimal." Nor does it mean that one or the other is shit. Calling your friend's training routine shit is bad karma, methinks. -3X
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Nope not saying that at all. I'm saying mind your own business and focus on your own training.

Both of you will likely get results- maybe both will get good results. That doesn't mean both methods are as effective or "optimal." Nor does it mean that one or the other is shit. Calling your friend's training routine shit is bad karma, methinks. -3X

Aha, thanks , you helped a lot. It's just when I read the FAQ here all suggested doing the programs where there are a few or no isolation exercises and my friend has NO compounds excluding bench and I thought he would go no where but if he is actually going to achieve great results I am going to smile when I see him in the gym despite he is there everyday and I will be seeing him on 3 days
Post 16 IP   flag post
340621 16 16
destitute