Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Diet AdviceNewbieSplit Advice

I need help guys, I beg of you.15113

jaketheguy private msg quote post Address this user
Long story short - I lost 25-30 kilos in 2.5 months in a bad way - eating like tomatoes and cucumbers and excessive amounts of cardio. I was stubborn and I did it and everyone was like "wow" and complimented me and everyone tells me that I am not fat or overweight but I think I know what is wrong - with that method of losing weight I am now skinny fat. Everyone says that I am not even close to fat or overweight but when I look at myself at the mirror at home it's taking over my mind and soul. Please help me out- for a skinny fat person I have been reading that the solution is lean bulking - if I cut ( the proper way this time) I will have nothing to cut into but I am afraid of gaining more fat of bulking and with my skinny fat look that will keep discouraging me. I watched videos of famous fitness youtubers and they all said lean bulk at a 250 calorie surplus and lift weights only. I just want to know what you guys think in my specific situation. Stats - 145 pounds at 175cm height (5'9". The picture where my abs are visible is flexed.


Post 1 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
Dude, not even close to skinny fat. Seriously, listen to what people are telling you. I don't know much about image issues but sounds like you have more stuff to think about than just training and diet. Gotta learn to be comfortable with yourself man.

I think you should clean bulk. You won't gain too much fat if you do it slowly. Nothing wrong with doing cardio if you like to, as long as you don't go over board. Some people don't because they don't like to or don't want to eat more food, but it has health benefits other than just affecting you metabolism. And if you bulk right, cutting is really easy. You can lose 4-5 pounds in a few weeks healthily no big deal if you feel like you're gaining too fast.
Post 2 IP   flag post
jaketheguy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans
Dude, not even close to skinny fat. Seriously, listen to what people are telling you. I don't know much about image issues but sounds like you have more stuff to think about than just training and diet. Gotta learn to be comfortable with yourself man.

I think you should clean bulk. You won't gain too much fat if you do it slowly. Nothing wrong with doing cardio if you like to, as long as you don't go over board. Some people don't because they don't like to or don't want to eat more food, but it has health benefits other than just affecting you metabolism. And if you bulk right, cutting is really easy. You can lose 4-5 pounds in a few weeks healthily no big deal if you feel like you're gaining too fast.



Dude, but I look like a bit fat. But that won't get me anywhere so what do you suggest - lean bulking ? If so are these the parameters I should be aiming of lean bulking - 250 calorie surplus ; despite being a noobie and the noob gains stuff and myths I shoukd gain about a kilo ( +- 2 pounds) A MONTH ?
Post 3 IP   flag post
ezvmoneybeast private msg quote post Address this user
Pic of you on your knees begging or reported for misleading title
Post 4 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
@jaketheguy Yeah man, if you're really worried about gaining fat (and I don't really think there's anything wrong with that, you should look how you want to look) Small surplus of about 250 cals a day works. It's really hard to gauge weight gain on a small surplus, because weight fluctuates so much. I would recommend finding a program, and sticking to it. Track your progress, and as long as you are making slow and steady gains in the gym, and you're gaining weight really slowly, then you're good. And work out your diet dude. No more tomatoes and cucumbers hit lol.
Post 5 IP   flag post
jaketheguy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans
@jaketheguy Yeah man, if you're really worried about gaining fat (and I don't really think there's anything wrong with that, you should look how you want to look) Small surplus of about 250 cals a day works. It's really hard to gauge weight gain on a small surplus, because weight fluctuates so much. I would recommend finding a program, and sticking to it. Track your progress, and as long as you are making slow and steady gains in the gym, and you're gaining weight really slowly, then you're good. And work out your diet dude. No more tomatoes and cucumbers hit lol.


I have - at these stats estimated from scooby's calculator ( if you know him) that I need about 2500 to clean bulk. The cool think is if i haven't gained a kilo in a month there is a calibration factor with which the calorie calculator can fix the estimation a bit more accurately. So I am using a 40/40/20 ratio where I have 250g of protein / 250 grams of carbs and 56 grams of fat. I know that that much protein is not required but if I enjoy my chicken breasts I was told it shouldn't be a problem. What do you think ?
Post 6 IP   flag post
ezvmoneybeast private msg quote post Address this user
Repped for Bulgarian.. Good luck im sure youll get the help you need from this forum. добър късмет
Post 7 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think it's a problem. I prefer more carbs because I love eating them, but I can't imagine it would make a huge difference. I say go for it, see how you feel and how the training/weight gain goes. If you feel like you need to switch it up you can later.
Post 8 IP   flag post
jaketheguy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezvmoneybeast
Repped for Bulgarian.. Good luck im sure youll get the help you need from this forum. добър късмет


How did you know I was Bulgarian ? And if that's you on that pic - that's the physique I want lol, but thanks anyway
Post 9 IP   flag post
jaketheguy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans
I don't think it's a problem. I prefer more carbs because I love eating them, but I can't imagine it would make a huge difference. I say go for it, see how you feel and how the training/weight gain goes. If you feel like you need to switch it up you can later.



So, 2500 calories a day with only just lifting weights and no cardio ? And in contrast to the guys on other forum you didn't go all out and tell me that scooby is an idiot who does not know anything. Don't get me wrong despite you being the only one in this forum confirming that I am not that skinny fat and lean enough to start a lean bulk... I feel like , dunno, why is my ass so big wtf
Post 10 IP   flag post
Perfidy private msg quote post Address this user
You're skinny, not skinny fat. Like people already said, just lean bulk man. Aim for a ~250 caloric surplus, with your macros being ~50/30/20 C/P/F.
Post 11 IP   flag post
jaketheguy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfidy
You're skinny, not skinny fat. Like people already said, just lean bulk man. Aim for a ~250 caloric surplus, with your macros being ~50/30/20 C/P/F.


Just a few questions to everyone:

1. A gain of no more than a kilo a month despite being a newbie and that stuff about noobs gains and etc ?
2. As you can see I am more worried about my lower body and I think it is fat and I am not going to be one of those guys not training legs but if I train them like anything else, can I expect them to become smaller as they lean out before bulking up ?
3. Weigh chicken and rice raw or cooked ?!
Post 12 IP   flag post
jaketheguy private msg quote post Address this user
bump
Post 13 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
Bump? After 12 minutes? Slow down there dude.

And put some underwear on
Post 14 IP   flag post
Elminister private msg quote post Address this user
If you're gonna bulk, I suggest raising your calories really, really slowly. It sounds like you were in a big caloric deficit, probably an unhealthy one, and you don't want to increase your caloric intake by 1000 calories over night, otherwise you'll be taking a big step back.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elminister
If you're gonna bulk, I suggest raising your calories really, really slowly. It sounds like you were in a big caloric deficit, probably an unhealthy one, and you don't want to increase your caloric intake by 1000 calories over night, otherwise you'll be taking a big step back.


Agreed.

And I'm at work, I can't be looking at the pics of your ass, but I'm sure it's in your head. Besides, lots of women dig guys with asses. Totally serious.

1. If you're really that worried, go slow. Noob gains are awesome, but nothing wrong with learning good habits right from the start.
2. Doubt they will get smaller. Again, not gonna look at the pics, but they aren't going to blow up if you're on a small surplus.
3. I weight things before cooking.
Post 16 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
you just lost a shit load of weight, what did you think was going to happen? you probably didn't have that much muscle to begin with .. and if you were just eating cucumbers and tomatos, you were definitely not hitting proper macros whatsoever
Post 17 IP   flag post
jaketheguy private msg quote post Address this user
Guys, I lost the weight a year ago. From July till September. As of September 2013 the school year started and I had some pressure from other things and I started to eat properly but only things that I know from general knowledge that wouldn't make me fat. And now, since I have been reading and educated myself a little bit, if you eat a ton of anything that has calories if you go up your calorie limit for more than a few days you will gain. But eating kind of normally I held a weight of between 65-70 and now I am currently at 65.5. So, it's been a year since I dropped the weight. Should I just go ahead with 2500 cals as the calculator suggested for a start and see what happens ? If I gain more than a kilo a month I go down and if I start to lose weight I go up ? Or what ?
Post 18 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Eat at maintenance. 30p/50c/20f. Train hard and rest. Minimal cardio, focus on resistance training. Keep the same routine for 6 months. Stop overthinking and obsessing. -3X
Post 19 IP   flag post
jaketheguy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Eat at maintenance. 30p/50c/20f. Train hard and rest. Minimal cardio, focus on resistance training. Keep the same routine for 6 months. Stop overthinking and obsessing. -3X



So, I do not do cardio. I eat at maintenance and what should be the changes in the weight so I can monitor and reevaluate ?
Post 20 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Forget the weight. STOP OBSESSING. Judge by how your clothes fit and how you look in the mirror. The scale is not the only tool you have at your disposal for how you reach your goals. -3X
Post 21 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
^^ best advice given, EK is the man on these forums.. listen and learn.
Post 22 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
@the1 thanks, and happy birthday!!! -3X
Post 23 IP   flag post
jaketheguy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
41.36K8
eknightprivate msgquote post



What would be the changes in the mirror ? By the way, should i train equally legs as anything else, I really want them to lean out. If i train tehm , can i expect them to get leaner before bulking up ?
Post 24 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
You should be able to tell your appearance is changing as you train. Not day to day, but month to month. Train your legs the same as everything else. You can't spot reduce fat- it's going to decrease uniformly. -3X
Post 25 IP   flag post
jaketheguy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
You should be able to tell your appearance is changing as you train. Not day to day, but month to month. Train your legs the same as everything else. You can't spot reduce fat- it's going to decrease uniformly. -3X


So you suggested eating at maintenance ? You are advising body recomp instead of lean bulk or ?

And I also wanted to ask: How should I weigh my chicken: I know that to avoid any cooking method differences I should weigh it raw but when I put 200 grams on my electric grill it comes out as 80 which doesn't coincide with the protein content for cooked. And I am confused. Should I just use the macro 30p/0c/4f per 100 grams of cooked chicken breasts ? I really want to be accurate and thanks in advance.
Post 26 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Weigh it cooked. -3X
Post 27 IP   flag post
jaketheguy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Weigh it cooked. -3X


And is 4f per 100 grams accurate when it is trimmed ? Or I shouldn't take that into account and eat some nuts
Post 28 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Bro- seriously. Stop obsessing. 2 grams of fat isn't going to make a difference one way or another for you at this stage. That's why I advised eating at maintenance and staying on the same routine: you need to simplify your approach. -3X
Post 29 IP   flag post
jaketheguy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Bro- seriously. Stop obsessing. 2 grams of fat isn't going to make a difference one way or another for you at this stage. That's why I advised eating at maintenance and staying on the same routine: you need to simplify your approach. -3X


Just two last questions:

Am I with a high bf percentage (cuz my lower body is demotivating me man - it's like they belong to a fat kid) or is it just a skinny fat look due to a lack of Lean Mass ?

Should I take into account vegetables to my carbs macro - provided that I eat like a kilo a day and it adds up to 60 carbs ?
Post 30 IP   flag post
340762 34 30
destitute