Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BulkingPHATSplit AdviceTraining Programs

PHAT - Rep range15106

SnackIt private msg quote post Address this user
Im on PHAT at the momment, and i find it a little hard to follow the rep ranges because they are all different on some exercise, like 8-12, 12-15 and 15-20, and on the strength day it is 6-10, can i just make everything 8-10, I'm not talking about the 3x5 exercises but the rest, would make it much easier to follow some progressive overload, would it do any harm to the program? still doing 2 strength days, but i make every hypertrophy move 8-10.
Post 1 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Leave it as is. How is it hard? Take a notebook with you and you'll have the program right in front of you. The different rep ranges are there for different purposes. -3X
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Leave it as is. How is it hard? Take a notebook with you and you'll have the program right in front of you. The different rep ranges are there for different purposes. -3X

I do have a note book with me, its just easier to stay in the 8-10 rep, and add weight every time i reach the 10th rep, its just a mindset i have made my self, what kind of progressive overload would you use on PHAT? add weight? reps? sets?
Post 3 IP   flag post
But will use the recommend rep range.
Post 4 IP   flag post
What way of progressive overload is best suited for PHAT?
Post 5 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Add weight as appropriate to stay within the prescribed rep range, with the exception of the speed work- you could theoretically use the same weight for a very long time with the goal of increasing speed. -3X
Post 6 IP   flag post
340763 6 6
destitute