critique my workout15101

queenquebec private msg quote post Address this user
@thebulkybutch Bonne nuit
Post 26 IP   flag post
IrishGymSheep private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by haole
^^^What EK said

You seem to be misinformed with a lot of bro science. Where did you hear about that routine and the 25 minute workout?

Always do compound lifts before isolation work but warm up properly. Put your deads, squats, bench and rows first.

It's pretty common although normally you hear 40-45mins. There were bogus studies done back in the day, in or for places like Bulgaria where weightlifting was a big deal. By cutting workouts to 40minutes but often you can completely control your athletes they are at or around the gym all day long.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
Nice abs, wouldn't say your unhealthy at that fat %, wouldn't go any lower mind you!
Post 28 IP   flag post
^ You would be wrong, despite what the healthy and fitness industry want you to believe it's not healthy for a woman to be at that low bodyfat.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishGymSheep
^ You would be wrong, despite what the healthy and fitness industry want you to believe it's not healthy for a woman to be at that low bodyfat.

Out of curiosity, can you expand on that?

Not that im doubting you, just want to know more.
Post 30 IP   flag post

The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Essential fat for women is 10-13%. "Underfat" is condsidered less than 21%, and is not healthy. Based on her pics, I'd say she's close to single digits. -3X
Post 31 IP   flag post
thebulkybutch private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

It's pretty common although normally you hear 40-45mins. There were bogus studies done back in the day, in or for places like Bulgaria where weightlifting was a big deal. By cutting workouts to 40minutes but often you can completely control your athletes they are at or around the gym all day long.

wtf! another conspiracy ...

So would you say 30 min workouts 4x/wk is no more efficient than say 1h workouts twice/wk?

@Trev182 Thanks, and no I don't plan on going any lower, I like a "full" look
Post 32 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
^^ it's not that simple. Recover, time under tension, muscle protein synthesis, routine, and how much you're able to lift and total volume all need to be accounted for. It's not a "one or the other," comparison. -3X
Post 33 IP   flag post
^ right, well I feel frequent workouts are superior as long as intensity is kept reasonable, esp if working with bodyparts.. IMO

also I dont think my BF is single digit at all, based on pictures I've seen on the net.
Post 34 IP   flag post
anw back to the topic, thanks everyone for chiming in and giving advice, I'll test drive 6x6 starting next week
Post 35 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
I said it's approaching single digits. It's definitely in the "underfat" range.

Regarding frequent workouts, yes they are superior if volume is kept constant, but you're simply following the wrong lead with the 25 minute parameter. -3X
Post 36 IP   flag post
^oh, my bad.

I get what you're saying about the rest time and workout time, I just really wanted to give 6x6 a try sooner or later, just to see what it does
Post 37 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev182
Quote:

Fat is one of the building blocks of your entire body.
Like EK said there is essential fat.
Just like anything else a certain amount of fat that is necessary, just for basic body function.

This number is much higher in women than men with certain areas having necessary fat that men don't have like the breasts.
First concern is generally missing their peroids, female athletes can go a long time with this. Hormonal problems, bone density problems.

Plus many of the Physique competitors and Bodybuilders who are very lean do so with hormonal help, so some of those smoking hot girls walking on stage have no hair and are wearing a wig. It's a bit of a scam that they portray these people as healthy.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev182
Quote:

Fat is one of the building blocks of your entire body.
Like EK said there is essential fat.
Just like anything else a certain amount of fat that is necessary, just for basic body function.

This number is much higher in women than men with certain areas having necessary fat that men don't have like the breasts.
First concern is generally missing their peroids, female athletes can go a long time with this. Hormonal problems, bone density problems.

Plus many of the Physique competitors and Bodybuilders who are very lean do so with hormonal help, so some of those smoking hot girls walking on stage have no hair and are wearing a wig. It's a bit of a scam that they portray these people as healthy.

Thanks for that man, seems like I have a new topic for research.
Post 39 IP   flag post
IMO we tend to exagerate with "underfat". I mean, maybe that amount of fat is necessary to conceive a baby, and to survive a month of famine, but in the right context and with the right hormonal levels I would say many women at 15% are perfectly healthy.

When women take testosterone, their hormonal profile changes, making it easier for them to have lower BF when they are on a cycle. They can diet with no adverse effect if done right. If they diet without the use of steroids then yes they will have cravings, energy crash, etc at "underfat" level and their health will suffer (speaking from first hand experience). My point is, "essential BF" itself is different for a natty girl vs a girl on steroid. So there's a nuance there. Personaly I feel very good atm, but I know I will start to store more fat when I get off of testosterone, because THEN it will become unhealthy to stay at around 12%. makes sense?

And girls can go on looong testosterone cycles with no immediate effect on health. Obviously they stop having their periods, which in itself is not dangerous. With years and years of uninterrupted use, their uterus may dry out. Some develop male pattern baldness. So I don't know what hormones those "smoking hot girls" you talk about are taking but thats scary as f.
Post 40 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
The fact that you're taking unprescribed anabolic hormones in and of itself makes your bias on the topic uncredible. -3X
Post 41 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebulkybutch
IMO we tend to exagerate with "underfat". I mean, maybe that amount of fat is necessary to conceive a baby, and to survive a month of famine, but in the right context and with the right hormonal levels I would say many women at 15% are perfectly healthy.

When women take testosterone, their hormonal profile changes, making it easier for them to have lower BF when they are on a cycle. They can diet with no adverse effect if done right. If they diet without the use of steroids then yes they will have cravings, energy crash, etc at "underfat" level and their health will suffer (speaking from first hand experience). My point is, "essential BF" itself is different for a natty girl vs a girl on steroid. So there's a nuance there. Personaly I feel very good atm, but I know I will start to store more fat when I get off of testosterone, because THEN it will become unhealthy to stay at around 12%. makes sense?

And girls can go on looong testosterone cycles with no immediate effect on health. Obviously they stop having their periods, which in itself is not dangerous. With years and years of uninterrupted use, their uterus may dry out. Some develop male pattern baldness. So I don't know what hormones those "smoking hot girls" you talk about are taking but thats scary as f.

Well actually that is where steroids are scarier for female use than male, many of the symptoms can be permanent. Hair loss, change in facial structure, hair growth, lowering of the voice, increased clitoris size, change in hair and skin. (Although some claim that a a positive)

But yes in low doses testosterone can make women feel fantastic and have many positive effects.
Also studies have shown men find women with high testosterone more attractive.
But really you are using that as an excuse, what need have you to be that lean?
I have no limiting factors when it comes to how lean I am and if I was as lean as you I would be unhealthy.

People aren't meant to be that lean year round they diet down to a show and then return to a healthier bodyfat.

Certain women can sustain lower levels of bodyfat than others, and athletes have a higher tolerance to these levels. But that does not necessarily mean you.

Also they are on what you are on just in higher doses most likely and also on other things.

Take a female body put it in a massive calorie deficit and continue while already at unhealthy bodyfat levels and then keep it running on male hormones.

Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean it is a good idea.
Post 42 IP   flag post
But if I was woman I would be on testosterone for sure, I'd just be a much higher BF than you.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Yea I won't be staying at this BF% for long, as I said before I've lost so much weight because I was sick for weeks

All I'm saying is women on certain doses of testosterone can diet like a man and train like a man without it affecting their health as much as some think. Is it a good idea? Maybe not. Exogenous substances are exactly that, exogenous. Is it AS unhealthy as ppl think? My take on this is that it isn't.
Btw, many of the permanent changes IrishGymSheep enumerated are not unhealthy, just undesirable for many (when I started using testosterone it was to have a more androgynous appearance, not even for the sole purpose of building muscle).

I won't deny I'm very biased. I'm saying what my doctor told me about steroid use, and I think he's biased too (I'm not being sarcastic, I think he really is biased) lol
Post 44 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
I'm not trying to take a jab at you here, but based on your approach to training- which is based largely on incorrect information- I would suggest that your knowledge of body fat% as it relates to overall health and anabolic drugs may not be as good as you believe it to be. I've been in this industry as a training, competitor and clinician for decades, and I'm speaking from experience and knowledge, not busting your hump. -3X
Post 45 IP   flag post
Don't get me wrong here, my approach to this training method is, well, scepticism. I'm stubborn enough to try it, but I'm not blind to the fact that a tried and true method will most probably have better results, as I said I had pretty good gains on heavy compounds with lots of rest and now I'll do the exact opposite for the hell of it.
No offence taken, I know you mean good and that you're way ahead of me in the realm of training.
Post 46 IP   flag post
queenquebec private msg quote post Address this user
@thebulkybutch I don't understand why you need to take drugs? ?? Your way to young ma belle!
Post 47 IP   flag post
"need" is a strong word.. I knew how to get what I wanted, so I did. That's all there is. Lets not start an argument about age that leads nowhere
Post 48 IP   flag post
TimmothyGen private msg quote post Address this user
Das it mane
Post 49 IP   flag post
340630 49 24
destitute