Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Split AdviceTraining Programs

The Juggernaut Method...15094

WinnersNeverQuit private msg quote post Address this user
Right, this programme seems pretty reputable and also allows you to set maxes most weeks, something I feel would be beneficial for me as I could use it to my advantage for muscle memory and also the hypertrophy my leg muscles further. It also allows to adjust the maxes weights are based off on a 4 weekly basis, which again, due to muscle memory I think will be hugely beneficial for me.

So my question is...

Which programme, of the Juggernaut Method or Texas method, would you guys run if you were in my position?

Also, who here has run the Juggernaut method and what are your opinions on it?

For anyone unaware, all you really need to know about the two are the following;

The Juggernaut Method

These percentages are done all with Squat, Bench, Deadlift and OHP 1X weekly, with the higher use of deads is why I'm leaning more towards this programme as well...

The Texas Method
http://www.powerliftingtowin.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/The-Texas-Method-Program.jpg

Thoughts?
Post 1 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
I would take off two weeks if I were you haha
Post 2 IP   flag post
Kansas___Boyyyyy private msg quote post Address this user
if i was as far along as you are i'd probably lean towards jugger
Post 3 IP   flag post
@SRorhrbac0808 when I come back from my injury, if you look at my log nothing is stressing my back atm and I'm careful to keep it like that, i'd say one more week, and i'll ease into squats and deads for a couple weeks then go all out on one of these.

@Kansas___Boyyyyy I'm leaning towards it but I'm not sure, something just makes me want to do the Texas method.
Post 4 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
Yes sir. I have kept up with your log really well lately, I'm better at that now. Haha. The Jugger method seems pretty dope. But 4 months is a long ass program (in my opinion). But you're not like me and can probably follow it through haha.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Haha, yeah I know but It seems ideal for my needs, I'd run It till Xmas and then maintain for a couple weeks till I'm ten weeks out from a meet then run kingpin Into that, really wanna compete next year
Post 6 IP   flag post
mikew private msg quote post Address this user
@WinnersNeverQuit I have not run either program so I'm not a great judge.

However, Juggernaut doesn't appeal to me because it's not "wave-y" enough... I guess I prefer a more cyclical program than a 4-month climb.

On the other hand, Texas Method seems a bit "fixed" - not much room for ups/down.

Have you considered a program based on RPE?

http://articles.elitefts.com/training-articles/rate-of-perceived-exertion-rpe/

http://www.powerliftingtowin.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=169
Post 7 IP   flag post
I don't feel I'm at a high enough experience level to effectively utilise it tbh
Post 8 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like an interesting program i like the different rep-ranges each week as it keeps it interesting and a diff challenge each week.
I know the texas method has been known to be called an intermediate lifters program and i don't think ur intermediate anymore buddy.
RPE is definately used when ur very in touch with ur body and how u respond each day...

Remember ur not the standard lifter ur gifted bro.
Post 9 IP   flag post
According to this I have elite lifts, but that's for the average person, not a competitive lifter, i'd say I was middle intermediate for most competitive powerlifters, that's why I was considering it, plus the fact that muscle memory would allow me to progress quicker than normal.

Also RPE, yeah I go in and have days when I feel beat up as hell but smash PR's, hence why I don't rate it very highly nor appropriate for myself.
Post 10 IP   flag post
darklight79 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew
@WinnersNeverQuit I have not run either program so I'm not a great judge.

However, Juggernaut doesn't appeal to me because it's not "wave-y" enough... I guess I prefer a more cyclical program than a 4-month climb.

On the other hand, Texas Method seems a bit "fixed" - not much room for ups/down.

Have you considered a program based on RPE?

http://articles.elitefts.com/training-articles/rate-of-perceived-exertion-rpe/

http://www.powerliftingtowin.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=169

Hi, sorry to barge in. @mikew , what's the advantage of a "wave-y" program?
Post 11 IP   flag post
@darklight79 wave programmes for PL are good because you start with higher reps to build a work capacity and hypertrophy the muscle, the you enter a stregth phase where you start to bring the CNS into the equation more to get you better at handling heavier weights with the new muscle, and then a peaking wave to allow your muscles and CNS to peak for the meet.
Post 12 IP   flag post
darklight79 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks man. Got it. It's horrible to think I was one of those who always thought all powerlifters were fat, in poor health and only did 1-3 reps in the gym 24/7 365 days a year.

I saw you posting about your poundages somewhere. Insane.
Post 13 IP   flag post
340752 13 13
destitute