Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CuttingFemale FitnessSplit AdviceTraining Programs

Need critique on lifting program15073

queenquebec private msg quote post Address this user
So,I've been hard working on creating a better physique with weight lifting and a reduce calorie diet. My main goal is keeping some muscle and cutting about 7 pounds.

I put this routine together myself and I've been on it consistently for 2 weeks. And I feel AWESOME! I'm just curious on how I can improve it, and make it more effective in a shorter period of time in each session.

Push (Back/Biceps)

T-bar row 12 X 3sets
Lat- pulls 12 X 3 sets
Seated row 12 X 3 sets
DB BENT OVER ROW 10 x 3

Swiss ball back ext 12 x 3 sets
Reverse grip inverted row failure X 3 sets
Cardio : 15 minutes (cycling)

* Can someone let me know if I have to many rowing exercises or if my volume is good enough?? My goal is to have bigger firmer lats.

DAY 2- Chest, shld, triceps

Incline bench press 8 X 3
Decline bench press 8 X 3

SUPERSET
Seated shld press 12 X 3 sets
lateral raises 10 X 3 sets

med ball triangle push ups failure X 3
Cardio : 20 min ( stair master)

* here I'm not worried about growing my chest really, I'm just keep the muscle active. But shoulders are important to me I like to keep them defined. PLEASE LET ME KNOW, if I'm on track with this.

DAY 3- LEGS

Barbell Back squats 8 X 4 sets
db reverse lunges 24 X 3 sets
One leg leg press 15 X 2 sets
Globet squats (pyramid) 20,15,12,8 REPS

Supersets X 3
ball hamstring curls 15
Weighted bridges 15

Cardio: 10 min ( stair master)

* My goals is to add size on my gluts. Any suggestions of different exercise, reps, technique??

Day 4 - ABS/LEGS-LIGHTER

Superset X 3
barbell jump squats 10
set- ups 10

Walking lunges 18 X 3 sets

Cardio: 15 min (cycling)

Circuit X 3
Weighted crunches 20
Lying leg raise 15
Russian twist 20

* I also have 2 days of jump rope interval cardio for 15min with core exerices, with planks and med ball push ups.
PLEASE COMMENT!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Can someone tell me why I would need a personal trainer?? CAUSE, I don't feel like I need one at all!! But, of course personal trainers at the gym insist that I need them$$$$$$, but I've been learning everything on youtube.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Frostshock private msg quote post Address this user
@queenquebec is this a modified PPL or....? For your "push" day you have primarily pull motions. Why is there no flat bench pressing for chest day? You need 3 more posterior deltoid exercises to ensure that all 3 heads are being worked the same amount.
Why do you have 2 consecutive leg days? That's not enough rest time between them despite having one day be lighter. Not enough hamstring work for both days and why do you do pyramid sets and that sort of thing?

It would make more sense if you had just a dedicated PPL split with a 2:1 posterior:anterior ratio and a 1:1 quad:ham ratio.

As for a personal trainer, you don't NEED one. I never had one and have been fine, of anything 99% of those cereal box personal trainers give TERRIBLE nutrition and training advice because all they spew is just cookie cutter jargen that doesn't apply to a single person and their goals.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Method private msg quote post Address this user
@queenquebec Frost has some good advice. How long have you been lifting? Are you attempting a PPL program? What you listed looks a little confused and it doesn't seem like your getting ample rest. Check out the routines of some of the women interviewed on the site and search PPL if that is what your going for. I do P P L (Abs LISS) P P L rest split.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostshock
@queenquebec is this a modified PPL or....? For your "push" day you have primarily pull motions. Why is there no flat bench pressing for chest day? You need 3 more posterior deltoid exercises to ensure that all 3 heads are being worked the same amount.
Why do you have 2 consecutive leg days? That's not enough rest time between them despite having one day be lighter. Not enough hamstring work for both days and why do you do pyramid sets and that sort of thing?

It would make more sense if you had just a dedicated PPL split with a 2:1 posterior:anterior ratio and a 1:1 quad:ham ratio.

As for a personal trainer, you don't NEED one. I never had one and have been fine, of anything 99% of those cereal box personal trainers give TERRIBLE nutrition and training advice because all they spew is just cookie cutter jargen that doesn't apply to a single person and their goals.

I don't know what you mean by modified push pull legs routine??? But which exercises do you recommend? And I don't like deadlift and I don't need them.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@Method why am I confused???? And yes it's ppl program
Post 6 IP   flag post
Sorry day one is actually pull day!!!
And i do rest in between days. And what type of hamstring exercise can i do instead of deadlift?
Post 7 IP   flag post
I heard pyramiding has endurance reps, hypertrophy and strength
Post 8 IP   flag post
Frostshock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenquebec
And I don\'t like deadlift and I don\'t need them.

For a great physique, deadlifts are a staple. It's not one of "The Big 3" for no reason.

Well, INSTEAD of deadlifts there's always seated/lying leg curls, Romanian Deads, Stiff Legged Deads, and Good Mornings.

Quote:
I heard pyramiding has endurance reps, hypertrophy and strength

No idea what this means and don't have the data or time to dissuade you from doing it. I'm too lazy and inexperienced to write out a complete PPL program for you because I never wanted to do it for myself so the best advice I can give is to have you look up a premade one, make some SLIGHT changes and post here to see if anything's wrong with it.
Post 9 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
@queenquebec Everyone NEEDS to deadlift... One f if not the best all round musce builder, there are sooo many variations and it's great for ur posture and improving thoracic extension.

Back day:

U've 3 horizontal rowing movements and only one verticl i would even this out to start with.

Leg day:

Too many quad dominant movements and not enough hamstring movements to balance them out.. this will lead to knee problems.

Glute bridge, Step ups, Sumo squats, Donkey kickbacks using ham curl machine. (Go on youtube and search nikkiblacketter.. great glutes and loads of different exercises OR just look up Jen Selter who has an incredible physique and prides herself on her glutes.

Chest day:

I'd switch to flat bench and DB Inclined Close Grip Bench press, most women always lack in tricep developement and store alot of fat here... aka BINGO Wings.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiremanSi
@queenquebec Everyone NEEDS to deadlift... One f if not the best all round musce builder, there are sooo many variations and it's great for ur posture and improving thoracic extension.

Back day:

U've 3 horizontal rowing movements and only one verticl i would even this out to start with.

Leg day:

Too many quad dominant movements and not enough hamstring movements to balance them out.. this will lead to knee problems.

Glute bridge, Step ups, Sumo squats, Donkey kickbacks using ham curl machine. (Go on youtube and search nikkiblacketter.. great glutes and loads of different exercises OR just look up Jen Selter who has an incredible physique and prides herself on her glutes.

Chest day:

I'd switch to flat bench and DB Inclined Close Grip Bench press, most women always lack in tricep developement and store alot of fat here... aka BINGO Wings.

OK, THANKYOU!

So, is this a better leg day??

Front squats 6 by 4 sets
Sumo squats 10 by 4 sets

Romanian deadlifts 12 by 4 sets
reverse lunges 24 by 3 sets
weighted glute bridge 15 by 3 sets

and what do you suggest I changed for the back day?
Post 11 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Still far too many quad dominant movements. Add some leg curls or glute-ham raises. -3X
Post 12 IP   flag post
pandasashi private msg quote post Address this user
t'es quebecoise?
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandasashi
t'es quebecoise?
oui je suis quebecoise. Je viens de pierrefonds Montreal. J'habit a llyodminster alberta maintenant. Et vous vous Venez d'ou?
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Still far too many quad dominant movements. Add some leg curls or glute-ham raises. -3X

I think I'll change my program from push/pull/legs to squat day/bench press day/deadlift day/chin up day and cardio abs 2 days a week

Thanks
Post 15 IP   flag post
pandasashi private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandasashi
t'es quebecoise?
oui je suis quebecoise. Je viens de pierrefonds Montreal. J'habit a llyodminster alberta maintenant. Et vous vous Venez d'ou?

j'ai grandis a masham et hull..
j'vies a Ottawa maintenant
Post 16 IP   flag post
ambitiongainer private msg quote post Address this user
@queenquebec best advice I would give you darling is go on youtube like you usually do and check out a well know female bodybuilder that has a physique that you like and then follow her program and I know one of your main goal is to get your ass bigger so you'll see what to do while watching those females

deadlifts is one of the best exercises ever made but not everybody likes doing it, you should know what you like and what your body works with and do that

alot of deadlift exercises are out there that you might like, they use those exercises to substitute the main deadlift thats why stiff leg deadlift and etc come about

bodybuilding is a trial and error thing, nobody is perfect, just dont rush your progress, take it slow, learn more and implement what you learn in your training, ask alot of questions

and nobody should force you to do what you dont want to do, not saying to not take someone advice but everybody has different opinions and methods, so when someone give you and advice research it up and see if its for you then incorporate
it in your workouts and lifestyle

AND NEVER GIVE UP ON MAKING YOURSELF BETTER IN WHATEVER YOU DO

HOPE I HELP SOMEBODY
Post 17 IP   flag post
340621 17 17
destitute