Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
InspirationMotivationNewbieTraining ProgramsWTF

Need a lift from my fellow Shredders..15043

Aspire2Inspire private msg quote post Address this user
Okay so this week, I've being slacking big time. Haven't tracked my macros properly. Been so unmotivated to go to the gym (although I did all 3 sessions for the week - SL5x5) and getting disheartened with the fact I'm stalling on the Bench Press, OHP and Barbell Rows.

According to SL5x5 after 3 fails you deload by 10% and work back up to it. This all makes sense and I put it down to my inexperience that it's getting to my ego and really knocking my confidence. I'm up to week 8 of SL5x5 and I thought I'd be making better/faster/greater progress.

As many of you have been lifting much longer than I have, how do you overcome this mental and physical challenge and not let it affect your confidence and motivation?
Post 1 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
So here is what we gonna do bruh.

Just for shits and giggles, take a week off SL. Go to the gym as many days as you want, and do whatever the hell you want. If you wanna do 2 sets of squats and then some dumb bell incline. By all means, enjoy that shit.

Eat like you should, but perhaps rethink your diet. The only diet worth making is one you can stick too. If its to hard for you then relax a bit. As far as i know you arent competing for anything. This is a hobby not a job.

Afer that glory week of whatever you wanna do at the gym, try out stronglifts again but with some lower weights. But on your third fourth and fifth set just go balls out man. If you can rep that shit 12 times you fucking do it. But keep it away from failure. Give yourself enough rest time to be ready to go full strength for the last set after that fourth.

Also, if you arent using the built in timer on the SL app, start. Drop the weight 30lb or something and actually only take 1:30 between sets. Gets you going. If its too easy, go get a jumprope and hop that shit for the entire break.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WinnersNeverQuit private msg quote post Address this user
I've been training 5 years now, had many plateaus on the way, all I did was if I was getting frustrated I'd take a week completely away from few gym, ate the same.

When I came back I was eager to lift and fully recovered, just what works for me.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Aspire2Inspire private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you guys! Will take a week off! Starting a new job next week anyway so something to look forward to and I'll make sure my diet is back in check for next week!

Appreciate your advice.
Post 4 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
@Aspire2Inspire Could be that new job looming is consuming too much space in your head.
Post 5 IP   flag post
MMB private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabemuscular
@Aspire2Inspire Could be that new job looming is consuming too much space in your head.

2x
Post 6 IP   flag post
Kansas___Boyyyyy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnersNeverQuit
I've been training 5 years now, had many plateaus on the way, all I did was if I was getting frustrated I'd take a week completely away from few gym, ate the same.

When I came back I was eager to lift and fully recovered, just what works for me.

Same as this for me
Post 7 IP   flag post
chrism private msg quote post Address this user
what motivates me to go and workout is looking at my belly after the shower every morning and realizing how much I hate it, then all day at work I am eager for it to finish so I can go hit the gym, I just keep telling myself its a marathon not a sprint but one day the belly will be gone!
Post 8 IP   flag post
jja0016 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnersNeverQuit

Only 5 years?!

What were your lifts like when you first started?
Post 9 IP   flag post
340770 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?
destitute