Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Bench PressChestNewbie

under devloped lower pectoral?15042

KD310 private msg quote post Address this user
hey everyone I just have a question if its possible to be under developed at your lower pectorals? I lift a lot and have done all variations of bench and inline and some decline. but I have an area on pectoral where it just doesn't seem to get rid of the fat in the area and that the lower pectoral all the way to side almost rib/arm pit area an I was wondering if I need to really focus on decline bench exercises more? thanks in advance for the advice as I know you guys are really good at giving insight advice
Post 1 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
No, you sound like you're 12. Keep lifting and eating correctly and everything will work itself out. If you had a defect or some disorder you would know about it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I'm 28 lol so there might be an issue here lol
Post 3 IP   flag post
MMB private msg quote post Address this user
Please dude. Go do some research and then come back explain us how you will build up "the lower chest".
Post 4 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
You won't get rid of fat just by working out a muscle, it doesn't work that way. Your body doesn't magically transform into muscle when you work out. You either have to lose fat while being in a caloric deficit, or build muscle while in a caloric surplus. Just have to choose one and be patient.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Well I've done the wight drop from 240 to 205 and have the pic to prove it and that damn target area is still there I've bulked up since then but gonna do another cut since I'm gonna be training again for fighting hopefully this time I cut with the results I'm looking for
Post 6 IP   flag post
TheSecret private msg quote post Address this user
Well I'm not sure exactly what your getting at, but from a visual perspective maybe try to incorporate some dips into your workout, if you haven't already.

Also, like Beans stated above, a caloric deficit/surplus is probably the most effective approach to deal with your problem.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
TS
Post 7 IP   flag post
Ok will do thanks beans and thesecret
Post 8 IP   flag post
Hamer93 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm the exact same bro! Just need to build the muscle bigger
Post 9 IP   flag post
AarronStenner private msg quote post Address this user
@KD310 it's most likely the same as me, I just store fat more on my 'lower chest' I can gurantee if you've trained a while and cut down to around 10% body fat you would see your chest is quite even
Post 10 IP   flag post
340740 10 10
destitute